high insurance???? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-26-2009, 06:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

04paulieWRX is an unknown
high insurance????

hey guys.....just thought everyone should read this article....we are getting bad name.

Safety agency lists best, worst cars to insure- Yahoo! Autos Article Page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-26-2009, 06:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
well its kinda true...there are alot of younger guys who drive like assholes all the time...(i only drive like an asshole sometimes)...still sucks though

so stock its not even funny...just kinda sad :(
-Randy
#3 Old 09-26-2009, 07:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I absolutely love the first paragraph:

"Next time you see a Subaru Impreza WRX in your review mirror, get out of its way. Speed up. Slow down. Pull over to the side of the road and let it pass. Whatever it takes - just get away from it. If you don't, you may regret it."

I can't tell you how many vehicles I end up driving behind who do exactly the speed limit or 5-10 mph (or more) under it in the left lane on the highway when there is nobody in front of them. I have plenty of patience, but that kind of stuff just grinds my gears (pun intended)

* I'm not encouraging anybody to speed because it's dangerous and illegal, but at least drive the speed limit, if not a few mph over it. Last time I checked, the lowest category for a speeding ticket in the state of MD was 1-9 mph over the posted limit. That says to me that if you go 1 over, you might as well go 9 over. 10 is pushing it though. Most police won't pull you over for driving several mph over the speed limit, nor will speed cameras take your picture unless you drive 5-10 mph or more over the posted limit. In fact, it's almost socially acceptable to drive a little faster than the posted limit on most roads unless road conditions warrant otherwise (poor weather, bicycle/pedestrian traffic, school zone, etc.). Hopefully this post doesn't violate the forum rules... I just wanted to share some info and vent a little.

Makes me want one of these windshield banners even more !Laugh!
Attached Images

John
07 WRX
#4 Old 09-27-2009, 12:51 AM
WRXtuners Member

srninjastar is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to srninjastar
i just saw this on yahoo news. why do we get such a bad rep? i pay $328 a month for insurance :/
#5 Old 09-27-2009, 05:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
I'm 26 and my wife is 28. With my WRX and my wifes 08 Xterra we pay $1000 a year full coverage...

so stock its not even funny...just kinda sad :(
-Randy
#6 Old 09-27-2009, 07:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
$1150 per year, full coverage, 33 years old...

Think (property-casualty) insurance for a moment...this means covering a group as a whole. I'm willing to bet that most (not all of course) WRX owners in a pool of insureds are generally under thirty, probably have a moving violation citation of some sort, and IF we are involved in an accident our aluminum body parts are easily crumpled (and not as segmented as other "lesser" cars...meaning a body shop just can't weld a patch into a panel or in some cases have to purchase a whole back half of a car from the factory to repair a rear quarter panel that has been damaged). All of this adds to the cost of insuring the group of WRX owners as a whole. This cost will be spread amongst the group of insureds in the form of higher premiums.

Now account for how the groups are determined geographically and by any other means that can be statistically measured.

Frankly, I think the article is poorly written.

...maybe we should be telling our parents and grandparents to buy WRXs too.

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
#7 Old 09-27-2009, 09:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
$1,165.00 per year, full coverage, 24 years old, single, male, clean driving record, 07 WRX Sedan.

I agree, the article was rather poorly written. Some of the facts were left out. I bet the writer drives a Ford Taurus and is just bitter that he/she isn't able to drive a WRX because of "high insurance"

John
07 WRX
#8 Old 09-27-2009, 10:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

zmanoside is a helpful contributing member
Ha!! I haven't posted in a while, I was just going to post this same article from yahoo news. Pretty lame. I guess I'm a little lucky being military. With USAA I pay 79$/month for my 05 STi, I'm 30 and thats full coverage with a 250 dollar deductible, and it just keeps going down every year..." i pay $328 a month for insurance :/" That is RAPE right there.

12.7 @ 109
#9 Old 09-27-2009, 11:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

04paulieWRX is an unknown
i pay over 2gs for insurance...and the car isn't even under my name, its under my 53 year old dads name...im 19 years old and live close to nyc, but the insurance is incredibly high.
#10 Old 09-27-2009, 11:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

ratfink is a helpful contributing member
$506 a year for 100/300 $100 comp deduct and $500 collision

Brad

AEM CAI, Perrin ELH wrapped, Catted Downpipe, Stage II XPT tune, K4RT30Y STS, lip, shark fin
#11 Old 09-27-2009, 01:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

srninjastar is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to srninjastar
328 is rape. since my mom cant drive both my car and protagay are under my name. thus why i get raped with no lube by the insurance company ...terrible
#12 Old 09-27-2009, 10:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

How funny would it be if they send a complimentary tube of lube in the mail along with your insurance bill? Sadly though, I'm sure somebody's got it even worse than you.

John
07 WRX
#13 Old 09-28-2009, 06:59 AM
WRXtuners Member

airplnmdls is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to airplnmdls
I'm at $1022.00 for full year, full coverage, and i'm 21! I thought that was pretty good....
and sorry, but my car is now one of those that the insurance company will hate to repair... $6500.00 in damage because I got rear-ended last week! !Cry! It's not my fault!! And I don't think my insurance will go up because of it...
#14 Old 09-28-2009, 03:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
I'm just under 2G's a year for full coverage with a 250 deductible and all of my modifications reported to the insurance company...for both my WRX and R1...and im 19

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#15 Old 09-28-2009, 03:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

gunk007 is more helpful than not
I pay around $65 a month for full coverage (500 deduct). I am 29 and a teacher. I even got into an accident last year and it was forgiven!!