Guess what these cars are. I took these pictures in Japan (spelling fixed) - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 08-26-2008, 11:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SuBeast
The Altezza is the same as the Is300/Is200, so yes, it is an Altezza. If anything, it's more Altezza than IS. The Altezza is in Japan, hence Toyota. Lexus is American based... If i'm not mistaken its still got the 1JZ engine, so it's easy to boost anyway, hecka VIP sleeper....

edit- hey, headstart101, I live in Visalia, that was pretty cool the other weekend, there was like 3-4 Subies out at A&W... Your's, that Silver STi, and then some stock Red 04 WRX came in too. That was the most Subies i've seen in Visalia ever.

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
1990 Civic time-attack project
1990 Toyota Hilux - daily
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 08-26-2008, 07:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxshotta View Post
Silvia S15, Skyline R32 GTR ,Supra SZ-R Altezza on boost, Evo V and my favorite the bugeye Sti
yup, I think you got me on the EVO

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
#18 Old 08-27-2008, 01:20 AM
WRXtuners Member

headstart101 is an unknown
yea the sti is this new guy that moved up here from diego. he's running cobb stage 2 and ran a 12.9 so its pretty fast.......its allways good to see wrx in the valley's unlike evo which i see at every stop light.......but i kinda wish i had an evo to go along with my wrx.
#19 Old 08-27-2008, 11:31 AM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Hahaha, there used to be a crapload of Evo's out, but i don't know what happened to them all.

Hopefully, you'll see one more WRX out soon. If I end up getting one. I'm pretty much following what you did, funny. Only difference is, i'm building suspension for autocross also. But i'd be going with the big 16g also...

Actually, the big difference is that I will be building up a wrx WAGON! No one will suspect a station wagon with roof racks....

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
#20 Old 08-28-2008, 11:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

well thats good, if u have any question about the 02 wrx feel free to ask. i did all the work on my car myself and everything work fine but i did learn a few lessons. dont pay for a tune if you trust your self enough to do it yourself cause its easy.
#21 Old 08-29-2008, 11:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Well, I dont trust myself to do it lol. I'm pretty sure no one else on this site would trust me with it either Maybe if I studied how to do it for 6-12months, then I'd be confident, but i'd rather let the pros do their pro work... When it comes to installing parts and making my car go fast, I can do that very easily, but when it comes to hella technical stuff, sometimes I don't know what i'm doing.

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
#22 Old 08-31-2008, 01:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

that cools, i think the only reasons i trust my self is because i plan on droppin in a built 2.5 next year.
#23 Old 09-02-2008, 11:20 AM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Damn, nice..... You should be able to just swap over all your other parts like turbo, downpipe, intake and stuff right? Sounds like you've got big plans for your rex... What are your plans for upgrading the transmission? Are you going to go with the STi tranny along with the built 2.5 ?

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
#24 Old 09-02-2008, 12:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxshotta is on thin ice
yeah he should be able to swap over his main mods..how much money does EJ 257's run for without installation anybody know? by the way head start hows the 16g treating you, im thinking about heading down that path again until i build funds for a sti engine later on.
#25 Old 09-02-2008, 04:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
So when you buy your 2.5, you wana sell me your 2.0? I need an engine to stick in my Go-Kart. It came with a POS 9hp 150cc motor; our generator has more, 11hp! Nah, jk, even though that would be so awesome. We are thinking of throwing a single cam vtec honda motor into it. Even just that will be more hp than needed, we would need to reinforce the snot out of it...

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
#26 Old 09-02-2008, 04:29 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxshotta View Post
yeah he should be able to swap over his main mods..how much money does EJ 257's run for without installation anybody know? by the way head start hows the 16g treating you, im thinking about heading down that path again until i build funds for a sti engine later on.
Swapping an EJ257 into a 02-07 WRX is a royal pain. The STi's motor has totally different heads and is drive by wire. Your car would need a lot more than a new motor, it would need a new ECU, wiring harness, even your petals would have to be swapped over. By far the most cost effective way to do this is, not suprisingly, to sell your WRX and buy an STi. You get a free turbo/intercooler/injector upgrade too. Also, I've heard the brakes and tranny aren't bad.

This is why people get the 2.5L short block and put WRX heads on it. They call em hybrids. You keep your WRX heads and your WRX ECU, harness, and petals.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#27 Old 09-02-2008, 04:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Even the 02-05 STi motors are drive by wire??? That sucks.... I hate drive by wire...

I'm not sure, but you probably just convinced anyone who wanted to do an STi swap into doing the hybrid setup lol

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
#28 Old 09-02-2008, 06:02 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Oh yes, the ever popular 02-03 STis. I recently purchased every USDM 02-03 STi ever built. It's a large collection of zero cars.

And yes, swapping an EJ257 into a WRX is foolish to think about.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#29 Old 09-02-2008, 06:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxshotta is on thin ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
Swapping an EJ257 into a 02-07 WRX is a royal pain. The STi's motor has totally different heads and is drive by wire. Your car would need a lot more than a new motor, it would need a new ECU, wiring harness, even your petals would have to be swapped over. By far the most cost effective way to do this is, not suprisingly, to sell your WRX and buy an STi. You get a free turbo/intercooler/injector upgrade too. Also, I've heard the brakes and tranny aren't bad.

This is why people get the 2.5L short block and put WRX heads on it. They call em hybrids. You keep your WRX heads and your WRX ECU, harness, and petals.
Yeah that really is the most effective way...brembos alone for the front are 2 grand...it costs more than a sti to make a wrx a sti..but when i said main mods..i meant he could keep his FMIC, Turbo, injectors stuff like that.
#30 Old 09-02-2008, 09:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

well i didnt mean im swapping a ej25 into my wrx, i will rather get the sti than do that. what i mean is im going to put a built 2.5 shortblock in and reuse my heads with upgraded valves and retainers. and i wont be selling my 2.0 need a back up motor for im aim either gonna make 500awhp or brake it.

by the way u can get a stage 2 short block installed for about 2k depends on where u go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
Oh yes, the ever popular 02-03 STis. I recently purchased every USDM 02-03 STi ever built. It's a large collection of zero cars.

And yes, swapping an EJ257 into a WRX is foolish to think about.

i dont think he was talkin about usdm sti, but do u know the difference between a s202, 02 sti, 04 sti and s204......with out looking them up. see dont everyone no it all cause i sure dont.

Last edited by mosc; 09-04-2008 at 10:53 AM.