Got the STI itch, any great deals near you on 08s? - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 44 Old 08-29-2009, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

ratfink is a helpful contributing member
Well, I am still getting use to the differences from the Rex to the STI, but so far I like it. It's ALLOT stiffer then the 08 suspensions. Not a big surprise since the 08 are sprung like a Legacy. I do miss the comfort over uneven pavement and drainage gutters. I am still getting use to the gearing since I spent all my time on the freeway so far. I like the tranny better then the Rex. The gears are crisp and fast. I'm a little slow on shifting on fast take-offs because I'm use to longer gears. I reprogrammed the shift light for 6100 to give me a little more time to get it into gear. All the red and pink STI lights are kinda cool at night.

On a side note, the hatch is easier to see out of. It's easier to back up then the sedan. At least I feel more comfortable.

Although my sig says I am stage II, I haven't installed anything yet. It's all on the garage floor, but I want to drive it a bit stock first. So far so good.

Brad

AEM CAI, Perrin ELH wrapped, Catted Downpipe, Stage II XPT tune, K4RT30Y STS, lip, shark fin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 Old 08-29-2009, 04:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
Congrats..sounds awesome...maybe in a year i will do the same...I'm eager to hear how your mods go. I look forward to your progress...and hopefully buying your SS real soon lol
post #33 of 44 Old 08-29-2009, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

It's a small adjustment, but a fun one.

One of the selling points on the tranny is that it's easier for my wife to shift. I soloII and want her to as well, so she needs to be able to slam some gears. LOL

The STI shifter is further back in the console then the WRX. Ist is where 2nd use to be and so on. Take a bit of getting use to.

Brad

AEM CAI, Perrin ELH wrapped, Catted Downpipe, Stage II XPT tune, K4RT30Y STS, lip, shark fin
post #34 of 44 Old 08-31-2009, 03:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Congrats on the pick up. The STI itch will get you if you can afford it. I know that I'm truely enjoying the difference still more than a year later....I paid my STI off last november. 8 months after trading up. LOL...just working on going more than stage 2 currently.
post #35 of 44 Old 08-31-2009, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

I don't think I'll go more then stage 2 on this. It's a DD that I need to carry people in etc so I don't want it to loud or difficult to drive around town. I will be doing stage 2 though. I really like the E85 power, but doubt I'll spend the cash for a fuel pump and injectors. I paid cash for my STI, so I don't have to worry about a car payment. Makes it easier to justify upgrades too. LOL

Brad

post #36 of 44 Old 09-01-2009, 06:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Nice, ratfink. Yeah, I liked not having to worry about payments only 8 months after trading up. I can't help but want more after stage 2. Be aware of the mod bug's big bite. It might get you just like the STI itch. Enjoy the new found power and chariot. Haha
post #37 of 44 Old 09-01-2009, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

LOL Well I've had it a total of 4 days, and I'm going stage 2 tomorrow. Kartboy STS is on it's way. I hope to have before and after numbers on my Ipod touch dynolicious tomorrow evening. I guess we'll see.

Brad

post #38 of 44 Old 09-04-2009, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Stage 2 is awesome. I recommended it. LOL

Brad

post #39 of 44 Old 09-10-2009, 10:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

Definatly awesome...I love my stage 2 protune.
post #40 of 44 Old 09-10-2009, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

My wife like the more conservative factory "S" throttle table, so I changed it back only with additional stage 2 boost. But "S#" is a blast. I guess that may be a 2008 or newer feature. I'm loving the i-drive for quick driving style changes. Does any previous gens have that?

Brad

post #41 of 44 Old 09-11-2009, 12:24 AM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
nope Si Drive is a new gen thing

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
post #42 of 44 Old 09-11-2009, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Well if I wasn't married it'd be in the fastest mode all the time anyway. LOL

Brad

post #43 of 44 Old 09-11-2009, 05:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

Yeah, SI drive is only a new gen STI thing. Some of the other subaru models have it
post #44 of 44 Old 09-16-2009, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

I know you all have seen a bunch of these, but here's my 08 cleaned up and ready for fun. Debagded hatch looks much better.

Brad