Got rear-ended tonight - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 31 Old 11-27-2011, 10:49 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
Originally Posted by man show View Post
^ That's what I'm most worried about - that, and frame damage. The car doesn't pull in any direction when I'm driving it and there are no unusual wobbles that I can feel. It also sounds the same as it did before and there are no obvious exhaust leaks anywhere from what I can hear. I was still rolling forward doing about 20-30 mph or so when the fool hit me, so that probably helped minimize the damage. I'm glad all the body lines still look perfect, so I think I'll just end up with a new rear bumper (the bottom of it is now melted from where the tip is contacting it) and a cat back - probably the same one.
Great to hear John. Im sure the moving away from impact helped alot. Something similar happened to my buddy in WA, and he had no damage other than the cosmetics like you. But like you is very thorough when checking things. So for what its worth hearing the words, you should be alrite mechanically, other than the exhaust and bumper look. Hope you can get everything back to beautiful before too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
Suck to hear, but at least you are okay. When I first read the thread title I though it said "got it in the rear end" last nite....Maybe I should get some glasses...
Just remember you said it, lol.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 31 Old 11-27-2011, 10:49 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
LOL...keith. Now your sight is failing you.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
post #18 of 31 Old 11-29-2011, 01:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

gunk007 is more helpful than not
Quote:
Suck to hear, but at least you are okay. When I first read the thread title I though it said "got it in the rear end" last nite....Maybe I should get some glasses...
made my day!
post #19 of 31 Old 11-29-2011, 01:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Any word on the $ ?

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #20 of 31 Old 11-29-2011, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
When I first read the thread title I though it said "got it in the rear end" last nite....Maybe I should get some glasses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
Any word on the $ ?
Yep, I got a lowball estimate from some Kia dealership (the closest one to me that works with MAIF) for $1,067 and change, but I suspect the final figure will be a tad higher. I'll be dropping my car off at IAG on Monday to get all the accidet damage fixed up, swap the non-synthetic break-in trans fluid for the Andrewtech cocktail, and get a nice pretune inspection for my protune which will hopefully happen some time during the weekend of 12/16 - 12/19, exact date tba. More on that story as it develops

John
07 WRX
post #21 of 31 Old 11-30-2011, 06:49 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Kia dealership? For the bodywork?

Dude, if I've learned anything in my time.... it's to stand clear of dealership bodyshops. Especially a dealership not of the same car maker.

You can't find any other independent shop around you ?

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #22 of 31 Old 11-30-2011, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I probably could, but my trans break-in period is over and I need to get the pre tune work done, so I thought I'd kill three birds with one stone. Plus, I only have two weeks before the tune, so I want to make sure everything is in order with some time to spare in case I need to do anything else. IAG is arranging for my rental car and I'm curious to see if their body shop is as good as they say. They're modded Subaru experts, so I feel much more comfortable having them work on it than the dealer.

John
07 WRX
post #23 of 31 Old 11-30-2011, 09:21 AM
WRXtuners Member

Oh ok, awesome.

Just lookin out. haha

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #24 of 31 Old 12-01-2011, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Heh, I appreciate it. I believe someone from IAG is going to give me a ride to Enterprise in Westminster to pick up my rental... keeping my fingers crossed that it's a highly modified shop car

John
07 WRX
post #25 of 31 Old 12-01-2011, 04:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
You should just ask for one of their shop cars AS the rental... They owe you something by now.

-Chris
post #26 of 31 Old 12-01-2011, 09:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
I'd get in trouble if I asked for my tuner's shop car as a rental. I'm pretty sure its illegal to drive on the street and the fuzz would pull me over in a heart beat.
http://www.cbrdspeedfactory.com/Desk...ntialias=False

Kirt
post #27 of 31 Old 12-01-2011, 10:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by man show View Post
Heh, I appreciate it. I believe someone from IAG is going to give me a ride to Enterprise in Westminster to pick up my rental... keeping my fingers crossed that it's a highly modified shop car

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #28 of 31 Old 12-01-2011, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

^ I'd rather walk.

^^ I'm pretty sure I saw that Evo in a magazine.

^^^ I might try that if they were responsible for my read-end damage.

John
07 WRX
post #29 of 31 Old 12-01-2011, 11:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

Oh, that car has been in modifed magazine and import tuner. I'm pretty sure.

Kirt
post #30 of 31 Old 12-02-2011, 12:20 AM
WRXtuners Member

mazzanic is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Oh, that car has been in modifed magazine and import tuner. I'm pretty sure.
Yup a few times he was just in it for another record on another evo

« smacked. | 2013