Getting out of a speeding ticket..soo sweet - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-05-2009, 03:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
Getting out of a speeding ticket..soo sweet

Well about 3 months ago i got a $260 speeding ticket for doing 56 in a 30. It was my wifes crowning moment to give me a "I told ya so!!" But anyway my friend is a local cop and knew the guy who gave me the ticket. I appealed it today in court. When i went in to see the judge the court officer told the judge he had no paperwork for me. The judge looked at me and said were gonna find you not responsible..Slow it down. Have a nice day. Needless to say i'm gonna have a buy few rounds for the officer who helped me out...i'm sure it wont be near $260

so stock its not even funny...just kinda sad :(
-Randy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-05-2009, 06:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
Ah the "justice" system

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
#3 Old 11-05-2009, 07:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

d-rungSTi is an unknown
Nice! I'm so jealous! My luck ended with cops a little while ago when I got two tickets within 2 months, WITH a radar! cops are getting dirtier and dirtier!
#4 Old 11-05-2009, 10:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Wow, Randy, good job dodging that one!

I think, in general, radar detectors are a waste of money. They really only give drivers a false sense of security and cause additional wear and tear from prolonged periods of higher than necessary speed. And for as much as some of them cost, you'd be better off paying for one or two speeding tickets, should you actually happen to get caught and the officer shows up to court prepared.

John
07 WRX
#5 Old 11-06-2009, 12:01 AM
WRXtuners Member

d-rungSTi is an unknown
That's exactly what happened with me. The cop was parked around a sharp corner and the radar detector didn't go off until I got clocked!
#6 Old 11-06-2009, 03:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
i've never used a radar detector...my friends who had them never got any help from them.. I think they just make random noises to make you feel happy...

so stock its not even funny...just kinda sad :(
-Randy
#7 Old 11-06-2009, 03:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I feel they're only good if you're in a group of cars on the highway at night... Other than that by the time the detector goes off and you're by yourself you're already tagged.

If anything they'll beep and you'll know there's a cop in the area and you won't screw around in town and race off from a light or something like that.

I've never used one and got one ticket five years ago.... Huge speeding ticket that he knocked down to 5 over because he was cool... I think I was going around 100 in a 70 zone.

-Chris