Forza Motorsports - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 05-02-2005, 11:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

Unicron is an unknown
Forza Motorsports

Anyone playing this yet? I picked up a copy a few days early and have been in love with it. The driving simulation is just insane, it's so realistic it's scary. I now have a feeling as to what a 700HP WRX feels like
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-02-2005, 11:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

knot04 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to knot04
thats on X-Box right???
#3 Old 05-02-2005, 11:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

wrx27 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to wrx27
Yes X-box only
#4 Old 05-02-2005, 11:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

Unicron is an unknown
Yes, it's the xbox answer to Gran Turismo, and in my opinion, much better. They had a professional driver play the game using a Carrera GT, then they had him do the same track in the real world using the same car, and his times were 0.4 seconds apart, the videos of both races were mirror images of each other. It was amazing.
#5 Old 05-02-2005, 11:50 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
you can't hook up a 900 degree wheel to a xbox. therefor GT4 = best
#6 Old 05-02-2005, 11:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

CanadianSub is an unknown
Send a message via MSN to CanadianSub
is it like Toca racing ? i mean similar ?
#7 Old 05-02-2005, 12:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

Unicron is an unknown
#8 Old 05-02-2005, 01:09 PM

Garage
which one of those supports 900 degree rotation?

my GT4 wheel: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...CONTENTID=7226
#9 Old 05-02-2005, 01:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

tescrex is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to tescrex
GT4 feels like complete crap. Not realistic at all, even with the realism settings turned up. EVERYTHING understeers. Ick....
#10 Old 05-02-2005, 01:18 PM

Garage
if you think everything understeers then

1) you haven't driven 600 of the 700+ cars
2) you haven't upgraded and tuned the suspensions on the cars for your handling preferences.

I will agree with you that the game favors an early breaking/no oversteer driving style but so would you if you were actually sitting in a million dollar ride
#11 Old 05-02-2005, 01:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

Unicron is an unknown
I'm getting excited about the endurance races. I think it was GT3 where me and 3 buddies took 6 hour shifts doing the 24 race. That was insane.
#12 Old 05-13-2005, 03:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

tescrex is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to tescrex
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc
if you think everything understeers then

1) you haven't driven 600 of the 700+ cars
2) you haven't upgraded and tuned the suspensions on the cars for your handling preferences.

I will agree with you that the game favors an early breaking/no oversteer driving style but so would you if you were actually sitting in a million dollar ride
Ive played the crap out of GT4. And it sucks. If you have ever driven a RWD sporty car, you would know that it feels NOTHING like GT4. Not one bit. Forza however, much more realisitc. You can get sideways in an s2000 if you're not careful, which is realisitc. I dont believe one should have to tune the suspension of a car in order to make it feel like it does stock (which I have, and it still doesn't feel the same), it's just ####ing stupid.
#13 Old 06-12-2005, 12:24 AM
WRXtuners Member

Analog13 is an unknown
I'm currently playing Forza, and I think its really good. I also think the way the cars handle better(more realistic) than gt4. Im still waiting for a rex wagon in the game. I don't konw if they have one. I've alredy got three sti's, but I want the wagon. Awsome graphics , it really does look almost real.
#14 Old 06-13-2005, 04:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

Unicron is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analog13
I'm currently playing Forza, and I think its really good. I also think the way the cars handle better(more realistic) than gt4. Im still waiting for a rex wagon in the game. I don't konw if they have one. I've alredy got three sti's, but I want the wagon. Awsome graphics , it really does look almost real.
No wagon, but I have a special edition wrx that just scares me to drive, I blow top end vipers and vettes out of the water in it.
#15 Old 06-13-2005, 07:16 PM
Rx3
WRXtuners Member

Rx3 is an unknown
My thoughts:

- Graphics are, how do I put it... like watching Cool World. The environmental texture is great, but the cars look cartoonish (i.e. way too much mirror reflection, not crisp). Not bad, but you think they could have done better given the competition.

- The statistical replay data is very cool (tire pad pressure, temp, shock telemetry, etc. etc.) but what good is it if you can't save it? Without the ability to save the data and look at it at another time, or compare it to other data, the whole feature is worthless. GT4's analyzer at least allowed you to save telemetry, and you could compare it with any other saved telemetry, including other drivers. Forza dropped the ball big time here, they almost had something.

-GT4s 650+ cars and wider variety of cars > Forza 250 or so cars.

- The driving style takes some getting used to if you've been playing GT4. Steering input is not as sharp, and because of the physics model, trail breaking becomes a bit different due to any car (even the FF ) tendency to break into drift. It feels like GT3 in Arcade-Drift mode. There is no force feedback wheel support, which GT4 definitely benefited from. I'd still like to try it with a wheel before I start cementing an opinion of the driving experience.

- I still don't see how the Forza is only supporting 480p. Another opportunity lost by Forza Motorsports. GT4 pulls off 1080i in style on inferior hardware. I've also noticed occasional clipping during driving. For now I'll blame the Xbox and not the game itself unless I see others having the same problem.

- I do like the touge/ downhill point to point races. You Drift/Initial D fans (yes, I said the "D" word) are going to love that, and the multiplayer seems to be more polished than GT4 in it's current form. It's really fun attacking the downhill with 8 other drivers online . Definitely a strong point, and something I wish that GT4 would have carried over (GT2 did have Pikes Peak)

- The adjustability in modding the car is on par with GT4. Forza allows you to play with tire pressure and caster, something that GT4 didn't do (GT4 kind of "guestimates" caster with the other suspension settings). on the other hand GT4 allows you to play with ballast weight, and some other things that Forza doesn't have. You can definitely appreciate both games for car adjustability. Forza also has the car customization where you basically use a kind of photoshop and you can customize (Paint, decal, RICE OUT, your choice) your car. I've made some decent race livery schemes with it, although I've already see stuff online that puts mine to shame, so I won't bore you with my sorry renditions. This is really cool in that you can really turn a stock car you buy into a "race" car, from the modifications straight to the paintjob.

- No rally or rally cars in Forza

Forza is a good driving game, and the best driving game to ever come out on Xbox so far (light years ahead of Project Gothom and Sega GT). That being said, a GT4 killer it is definitely not.

There is also the autocross tracks, which are pretty cool. They did a very good job, the layouts are similar to SCCA Pro Solo Tours, with the chalked lines surrounded by cones. 5 second penalty per 1st degree cone murder.

Rx3 - Level 16, 9.2% complete, 15 cars. APR Celica is the shit.