first car you put real money in to go vroom??!! - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 01-19-2012, 09:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
so this thread kinda shows our age, I'll be 31 in less than a month...ewwwww!!!lol

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 01-19-2012, 09:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I'm with man show..... I keep cars for a while.

25 y/o and only three cars!

When I was 15- First was a hand me down 1995 Ford Contour GL (6 cylinder, 5 speed). I riced that thing out. Basically built the engine into an SVT, made my own exhaust, shorty headers from MSDS, intake, wheels off a Mercury Cougar, Wings West wing/spoiler, bumping system, custom two-tone paint job where front end was black, faded into a champagne wiht a zyrillic (sp?) toner (bascially gave it a copper hue in the right light). I knew a painter so it was a free $4,000+ paint job that they passed off as training.

When I was 19 - Second was a 1998 Grand Cherokee Laredo. Bought it off my Grandma for $3,000 with 69k on the clock and sold it three years later for $3,200 with 110,00 on the clock. Did nothing to that car but changed the brakes and oil.

When I was 22 - WRX in 2009. The rest is history. I wanted a WRX since I can remember, so I guess I have nothing else to live for.

-Chris
#18 Old 01-19-2012, 11:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
My list, got my license in 2003. 26 years old, I've had my fair share.

-85 Mazda 626 pos

-89 acura Integra. This is when the car bug bit me, sad to say, because of a little movie called "The Fast and The Furious" Lol
But I was broke, so stock it stayed.

-89 Honda Prelude. Talked a lot about modifying it, but it was a crappy dd.

-88 Toyota Supra. My first real sports car. Talked a lot about modifying it...

-87 Toyota Supra. Parts car for $143. Ran for like 20 minutes. Blew a piston out the oil pan on the way home Lol.

-94 acura Integra. White and pristine. Talked a lot about modifying it. Lol, see a theme?

-2002 blaze yellow Wrx. My first opportunity to be a real grease monkey. Had to rebuild the blown hybrid myself due to the fact that I didn't have the cash to have it done, so blessing in disguise.

-2004 wrb Sti immaculate. Sold because it was perfect and for some reason I have to have an unfinished project at all times Lol .

-2004 Subaru Sti silver with rally scheme. Basically did lots of maintenance. Bought an ap for it. That's the largest power upgrade I've ever purchased myself, basically I've just ignored my own advice and bought modded Wrx's every time, and had to spend my play money fixing them.

-2007 Wrx wagon. Fp green and supporting. I'll credit myself for upgrading to a six speed, currently in the process.

Mosc I'm stoked to see the 13.

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
#19 Old 01-21-2012, 12:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

Herknav is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Brandon (Herknav) you are my hero, lol. I got the chance to ride in one of the new 302 Mustangs awhile ago. I instantly fell in love with it. I am and will always be a Mustang fan. Shes a beauty.
Thanks man. Every time I drive it, I like it a little bit more. It was my deployment/retirement gift to myself. Just got back from deployment (landed Christmas Eve of all things... even made the news) and retirement starts June 2013.

After I bought it, I found out Ford offers all 2012 Boss owners a Boss Track Attack: a one-day driving experience at Miller Motorsports Park in Utah including classroom instruction and driving instruction in the Boss. They even have thier own cars so I can leave mine here (and not get it dinged up).

Brandon
02 WRX Cobb Stage 2 now SOLD to my father who sold it to my Brother. Have fun Al!