Favorite tunning magazine - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 10-10-2004, 12:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

rokstar is an unknown
Cool Favorite tunning magazine

Whatsup guys and girls. Hey just wondering what everyones favorite tunning magazines are. I read somewhere tha theres a new one comming out just for Subys., but I forget where I saw it. Actually, I think it was on the home page here, lol. Anyway what do you guys think. Sometimes I'll pick up an issue of Sport Compact Car if I know theres an article on a WRX, but thats about it.

Rokstar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-10-2004, 12:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

bah14 is an unknown
I get Sport Compact Car, Modified, the new Suby magazine you mentioned, and Turbo: High tech performance (free subscription). When i have the time, i love to read up on new project cars and what other people in the tuning world are accomplishing. Also, each magazine (save for the subaru only one) will have several fairly detailed technical articles (always read those). I have been compiling a very large binder of tech. and project articles involving the 2002 - 2004 WRX. Call it a hobby or obsession. Really doesn't mater.

"I hear Buschur Racing does WRX UTECs now ... oh buddy!"
#3 Old 10-10-2004, 01:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

rokstar is an unknown
Thumbs up Suspension article

This months issue of Turbo has a good article on the diferences on the wrx and the sti's suspension and how they better with the Tien flex coilovers. It helped me understand a little more on suspension terms.

Rokstar
#4 Old 10-10-2004, 01:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

bah14 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokstar
This months issue of Turbo has a good article on the diferences on the wrx and the sti's suspension and how they better with the Tien flex coilovers. It helped me understand a little more on suspension terms.

Rokstar
Was that the november issue? I foget. I've already got the December issue in the mail, and i know it's not that one.
You're right. it was an excellent article and it just so happens to be that the tein flex's are my favortite suspension mod. I think anyone interested in doing coil-overs on their rex ought to read this and similar articles. I too thought they did a great job reviewing the material. Of course, i added those pages to my "binder".

#5 Old 10-10-2004, 01:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

rokstar is an unknown
Nice!! Yeah it was the Nov issue. Is there a web page for that suby specific mag?
#6 Old 10-12-2004, 09:21 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
D-Sport (formerly Drag Sport) is my favorite. Not one single ad for anyone selling body kits. And, they focus on performance over bling.

Turbo and High Tech Performance used to be good, but now when they want to make a car faster, they slap an intake, cat back, and SAFC on it and call it a day. No matter what car it is. Plus, they printed some incorrect information about Subarus recently. I e-mailed them about it and politely suggested that they may be wrong. I received an e-mail saying that they were professionals, and they wouldn't post anything incorrect. They went on to suggest that I didn't know much about cars in general, or Subarus in specific, and predicted that my car would not run much longer.
#7 Old 10-12-2004, 09:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

Solice is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Solice Send a message via Yahoo to Solice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo
Plus, they printed some incorrect information about Subarus recently. I e-mailed them about it and politely suggested that they may be wrong. I received an e-mail saying that they were professionals, and they wouldn't post anything incorrect. They went on to suggest that I didn't know much about cars in general, or Subarus in specific, and predicted that my car would not run much longer.
Boy, that makes me want to run out and get a subscription with them right away
#8 Old 10-12-2004, 10:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

hipo_wrx is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to hipo_wrx Send a message via Yahoo to hipo_wrx
those idiots, i hope they burn in... but i read all types and being the fact my favorite motor company is pontiac, High Performance Pontiac. i wait every month for that magazine, but when it comes to cars like our subbies id say, none until i read the subbysport to see if its worthy.
one magazine i know is worth the buy and for when your on airplanes for more than 2 hrs is those '5.0 and fast fords' magazines, super thick and full of tech articles. but also massive other great stuff. i only read half of one in 2 1/2 hours!
#9 Old 10-12-2004, 10:23 AM
WRXtuners Member

bah14 is an unknown
I totally agree with Cosmo. Which is why i'd never actually pay for a subscription to "Turbo".

"And, they focus on performance over bling." It's very hard to find a good sports compact mag. that doesn't obsess over bling or bikini contests. I'm gonna see if i can't get a copy of that "D-sport" Cosmo was talking about.

#10 Old 10-12-2004, 11:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

bluesnow is an unknown
Modified always seems to be a solid mag.
#11 Old 10-12-2004, 05:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

bah14 is an unknown
yea, modified and SCC are only ones i acutally pay for. Mod could put in a few more articles and a few less pin-ups, but all-in-all, i like it too.

#12 Old 10-13-2004, 07:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
Modified is good, but being that it's a Canadian magazine, it's usually hard to find around here. And when you do, you pay more for it.
#13 Old 10-13-2004, 08:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

bah14 is an unknown
yea, no kidding. it's like $5 an issue off the stand. :-( But like you said, it's a pretty good mag.

#14 Old 10-13-2004, 10:06 AM
WRXtuners Member

bluesnow is an unknown
almost all the car mags are 5 bucks thats why you get a subscription
#15 Old 10-13-2004, 10:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

hipo_wrx is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to hipo_wrx Send a message via Yahoo to hipo_wrx
yeah i read modified when they covered vivid's wrx. it was a sweet magazine!