Door ding... - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-27-2004, 06:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

Joe Boxer is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Joe Boxer
Angry Door ding...

It was bound to happen...some butt tassle in a gen 2 EXPLODER smacked my passenger side front door. to the untrained eye it is only noticeable from about five feet, but for me I saw it from 20-25 feet away. why must people be so inconsiderate?

it was bad enough that he/she doesn't take care of his/her vehicle (bumper barely hanging on...driver side mirror gone), but why me? i parked 100 yards from the mall entrance. i get grief from my fiance because i park so far away. now you know why.

what a horrible evening. any one know of a some good rubbing compound? the scuff is just in the clearcoat...the ding well, maybe I won't notice it as much if I don't see the scuff.

thanks for letting me vent. i did a search to find a thread on something similar (i know i saw one a while back), but it was to no avail.

thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-27-2004, 07:53 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
Wait for him to come to his car and whoop sum ass.
#3 Old 04-27-2004, 08:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

Joe Boxer is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Joe Boxer
haha...i had half a inkling to rip his bumper (the rest of the way) off. i refrained though. i am just going to have to get some compound when i get back to ohio tomorrow evening.
#4 Old 04-27-2004, 08:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

Tut4u2 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Tut4u2
Well this is what I had to fix today...
I had court in the morning and I was out of it and as I was parking I hit the car beside me. Nothing happened to the other car but mine got f*d real bad. My friend sanded down and I put some touch up paint on it and this is what I got. I will fill in the hole with fiber glass eventually but I am happy for now.
Attached Images

#5 Old 04-27-2004, 08:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

Tut4u2 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Tut4u2
Used to look like this
http://members.cox.net/wrxtcy
#6 Old 05-02-2004, 04:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

boostin is an unknown
Yesterday morning I came out to find a 8 year old kid sitting next to my car on his bike. I knew nothing good would come of that so I looked at my car and saw an 8 inch gash running from my back fender all the way to my tail light. I politely asked the kid if he ran into my car from which he replied, "Yah, but only once and it was an accident". I looked down at the little punk and in the most controlled voice I could muster said "You should not do that anymore, OK." What exactly was I supposed to say to a little kid? I think I'll go key his bike.

Boostin
#7 Old 05-02-2004, 06:03 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
AN 8 INCH GASH AND ALL YOU SAID TO HIM WAS YOU SHOULDN'T DO THAT ANYMORE!!!!???? I would've definately dragged his little butt to his parents and told them what he did so he would get in trouble, then I would make his parents give you money for what he did. Are you going to do that? If not man you are crazy, you spend 20+ k on a car then have a little immature 8 year old do that and get away with it and you will need to pay quite a bit of money to fix that. The kid won't learn his lesson unless he is disiplined.
#8 Old 05-02-2004, 06:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

WrxFoLife is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WrxFoLife
Are you serious boostin? All you did is tell you shouldn't do it no more? Come on man, IBAUCLAPla has a point there. See if you can find his parents and tell him what happened but then again he would lie or something. You know how lil kids are now and these days. Good luck tho

Mike
#9 Old 05-02-2004, 07:42 PM

Even if he does lie, do you think parents would believe an 8 year old or a grown man with a story that makes sense AND AN 8 INCH GASH IN A BEAUTIFUL CAR!
#10 Old 05-02-2004, 11:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

boostin is an unknown
To clarify, only 5 inches is on the paint job and the rest is on the tail light. I've been thinkin about talking to his parents but I don't know who they are or where the kid is. My apartments have 100's of little kids running around. I think I should be able to get it touched up for pretty cheap since my buddy works at a body shop. I'm still thinkin about what to do. If I see the kid I think I will bring it up with his parents. How much money should I ask for the damage?

Boostin
#11 Old 05-03-2004, 08:09 AM

Once you talk to them, get it done and charge them for the cost of getting repainted and labor. Also charge a hundred more because it still won't look like it used to.