Dodge Dakota - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 02-11-2006, 12:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

AWDwannabe is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to AWDwannabe
can you say $50/week in gas, minmum? im against dodges as it is but i'm trying to leave this as unbiased as possible. i jsut dont want you to end up buying and getting stuck with something you dont want like i did....twice.

-Pat
▼SbiΣ Mi▼
Eurotrash
Daily Dubbin'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 02-11-2006, 02:26 AM
WRXtuners Member

fast_dak is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDwannabe
can you say $50/week in gas, minmum? im against dodges as it is but i'm trying to leave this as unbiased as possible. i jsut dont want you to end up buying and getting stuck with something you dont want like i did....twice.
All depends on what you're looking for. The Dodge Dakota is in a class of it's own. If you want the hauling capacity of a full size (Ram 1500, F150, etc), but without the bigness of a full size, plus decent performance and mild gas mileage, the Dakota is the way to go. Yes, I'm very biased when it comes to the Dakota, but there really is no competition for the Dakota when it comes to a good mid-size all-around package (and looks 10 times better than any of the competition, well, until this past year anyway when they redigned it.. ugghhh). The closest thing is the Colorado/Canyon, which doesn't have anything over the Dakota. Comparable gas mileage, MUCH better power, hauling capacity isn't even close, and the Dakota will smoke the GM. You'll be hard pressed to find a better handilng stock truck over the Dakota.

Having said all that, it is a TRUCK, so of course it's not going to handle like an Impreza. $50/week in gas? All depends on how much you drive. When I was in VA, it cost me $60-$75 a week, and the WRX (if I had it then) probably would have ran me $50+/week. Now, where I live now, I don't pay over $25/week total for either or between the 2, so that statement is just realitive to how much you have to drive.
#18 Old 02-11-2006, 11:37 AM
Moe
WRXtuners Member

Moe is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Moe
Yea I kno im still going to think about it I really would want to get a Impreza im going to see what goes tho after I get a job im going to look at Subaru's and Dodge Dakotas and see how much Insurance would run.
#19 Old 02-11-2006, 12:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

poser is an unknown
you would be surprised but the V6 gets just as bad of gas mileage as a small V8.
IMO, stay away from dodge all together. not that great of vehicles and the depreciate faster than the others. If your stuck on a truck get a Tacoma, more expensive but IMO the best trucks on the market, and they hold their value VERY well.
and insurance on a 4x4 truck will be high too. not to mention the extra maintenance cost of owning a 4x4 truck. and if your V6 or V8 didn't get bad enough gas mileage as it were, the 4x4 makes it even worse