Detroit Pistons - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 06-16-2004, 01:39 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

jwtarbaj is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to jwtarbaj
Detroit Pistons

Hey I just wanted to say Detroit Pistons are the Champs BABY!

I loved this even more after all the Faker fans said they'd sweep us!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-16-2004, 02:31 AM
WRXtuners Member

T Rex is an unknown
PISTONS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 11 Old 06-16-2004, 08:41 AM
WRXtuners Member

Tut4u2 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Tut4u2
I am so pissed right now, but the Pistons did out play us, so good job guys.

Che
post #4 of 11 Old 06-16-2004, 01:57 PM
Founder

Ludachris is known to be trustworthy and helpful Ludachris is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Re: Detroit Pistons

Quote:
Originally posted by jwtarbaj
Hey I just wanted to say Detroit Pistons are the Champs BABY!

I loved this even more after all the Faker fans said they'd sweep us!
You mean after the whole world said they'd sweep them... Pistons shocked the world man, not just the Laker fans. Nobody gave them a chance in hell. My hats off to them, they deserve it - they played great team basketball. It's too bad the Lakers didn't have a healthy Malone and Grant. They could have used more rebounding and defensive help. I don't think that would have helped them play better as a team (which is what killed them), but the rebounding numbers killed them.

Pistons fans (and Laker-haters) should enjoy this for a while. The sad thing is, there are probably more Laker-haters than actual Piston fans
post #5 of 11 Old 06-16-2004, 02:31 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
Hell yeah. The Pistons deserve it. I'm sick of Payton running his mouth and just the whole team complaining. Kobe will hopefully go to jail haha, Malone will hopefully retire, and Payton will probably be on a different team by next year. Just seeing the look on all the Lakers' faces as the Pistons kept racking up points in the forth quarter. Teshawn Prince might as well be the MVP of the series because he bothered Kobe so much. Last night's game was the END OF THE LAKERS AS WE KNOW THEM! Goes to show you what happens to a team when four future hall of famers try to play together as a team.
post #6 of 11 Old 06-16-2004, 04:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

T WREX is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to T WREX Send a message via Yahoo to T WREX
[rant]
It doesn't really have anything to do with 4 HOFers playing together, as it does THOSE four. Malone = OLD, Payton = OLD, Kobe = ballhog, Shaq = would rather be a standup comedian. Just take a look at the teams of the 80s/early 90s, Lakers, Celtics, Pistons... all had multiple superstars and were able to rise to the top. Truly the problem with this team was the lack of any support for Kobe, and his lack of trust in any of his teammates, so he just kept throwing up prayers between numerous defenders. I really think that if the Lakers didn't have Kobe they'd have been better off, cause then everyone would've been forced to feed Shaq, who no one can deny is basically unstoppable except by lack of someone to get him the ball.
[/rant]

FP Green'd 04 STi

Trevor
post #7 of 11 Old 06-16-2004, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Ha very true. The Lakers couldn't execute a play. They couldn't correct for anything we did. They just kept fouling. I am so tired of people saying Phil Jackson is the best coach ever. When he has a team without the "Best" or a bunch of "Superstars" and can show a good ballgame then I'll give him props. Without Jordan he would never have taken da Bulls anywhere except home for the playoffs!

The media was terrible too. They acted like there was no other team except LA.

You notice every time Larry Brown called a time out to correct the team they came right back out executing properly. They were "in the zone" the whole series.
post #8 of 11 Old 06-16-2004, 11:11 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
Larry Brown, IMO, is one of the biggest if not THE biggest factor in the series. He worked his ass off to get his team prepared for the Lakers and they handled everythign the Lakers threw at them. Larry Brown picked up the team and called time outs at the right times and was a huge factor in the win.
post #9 of 11 Old 06-17-2004, 04:09 PM
Founder

Ludachris is known to be trustworthy and helpful Ludachris is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
I am so tired of people saying Phil Jackson is the best coach ever. When he has a team without the "Best" or a bunch of "Superstars" and can show a good ballgame then I'll give him props. Without Jordan he would never have taken da Bulls anywhere except home for the playoffs!
You sound just like every other Laker-hater out there - you mean to tell me you think Jordan could have done it without Jackson? They needed eachother to get those rings. The Lakers couldn't do it without Jackson - they kept getting to the playoffs just to get ousted before he came.

I don't know if Phil Jackson is the best coach ever, but he's certainly done things that most other coaches couldn't. True, he's done it with great players, but the players weren't considered great until he took them all the way. There have been plenty of teams with great players in which their coach couldn't take them all the way (Malone-era Utah Jazz, Ewing-era New York Knicks, etc). How many hall-of-famers were on the Celtics teams that won all their championships? Why aren't their coaches talked about like this?

If you hate the Lakers, it's going to be vitually impossible to appreciate him and what he's done regardless. You want to see him fail anyway. Great players or not, you still need to be a damn good coach to win 9 rings. If all it took was great players, Barkley, Ewing and Malone would all have rings.
post #10 of 11 Old 06-17-2004, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ludachris

You sound just like every other Laker-hater out there - you mean to tell me you think Jordan could have done it without Jackson? They needed eachother to get those rings. The Lakers couldn't do it without Jackson - they kept getting to the playoffs just to get ousted before he came.

I don't know if Phil Jackson is the best coach ever, but he's certainly done things that most other coaches couldn't. True, he's done it with great players, but the players weren't considered great until he took them all the way. There have been plenty of teams with great players in which their coach couldn't take them all the way (Malone-era Utah Jazz, Ewing-era New York Knicks, etc). How many hall-of-famers were on the Celtics teams that won all their championships? Why aren't their coaches talked about like this?

If you hate the Lakers, it's going to be vitually impossible to appreciate him and what he's done regardless. You want to see him fail anyway. Great players or not, you still need to be a damn good coach to win 9 rings. If all it took was great players, Barkley, Ewing and Malone would all have rings.
I hate Phil from his Chicago days. Do you deny if Jordan and Rodman were not on the team they would have never been anywhere near a playoff caliber team?

It's not real hard to say give it to MJ every play.

I'm not saying a team with a Superstar will = Finals champion at all.

I am indifferent about the Lakers. What I get angry about is the lack of respect from the sportscaster world towards the Pistons.

Look at it this way though. 87-88 Finals Isiah Thomas gets hurt Detroit lost in 7. 88-89 Finals Magic pulls a hammy and the Pistons sweep!

It's not important anyway is it though? You are not going to be swayed by my opinion and I will not be by yours.
post #11 of 11 Old 06-18-2004, 01:27 PM
Founder

Quote:
It's not important anyway is it though? You are not going to be swayed by my opinion and I will not be by yours.
That's the beauty of sports - everyone has their own reasons for liking/disliking every team. Each championship is won by a coach and his players. People can debate all day about which players were more important to that championship, and which coaches had it easier... it's all the same. In the end, the numbers tell the story. Everyone wants more respect for their team - they want them to have the glory, and they want all others to fail (especially the ones that win a lot). That's how it will always be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement