Deatschwerks 300+lph fuel pump is now reviewed - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 05-17-2011, 03:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Deatschwerks 300+lph fuel pump is now reviewed

Its out and review by Cobb tuning, Forged Performance, Pur Performance, and Modern Automotive Performance.

It looks like they only have the pumps for 1993-2007 WRXs and STIs so far. The price is $169 bucks so it is cheaper than a Walboro FP.

It has a 3 year no fault warranty and is Ethanol compatible.

The kit comes with:
•2"x2" sock
•Electrical connector
•4" of fuel line
•Miscellaneous hardware

Look at this link for more info: DeatschWerks.com | 300+ LPH High Flow In-Tank Fuel Pump | Fuel Pumps | DeatschWerks

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-18-2011, 05:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Not to be a stick in the mud but how is it "cheaper" than a Walboro?

It's cheaper than the AVO, that's for sure.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#3 Old 05-18-2011, 09:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
yeah I just bought two walbros for 185

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#4 Old 05-18-2011, 11:55 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
The pump works on the 08+, you just need to be careful to get it to seal properly in the pump housing. Basically don't re-use the oem seal, buy two o-rings from NAPA and seal it. They're fuel injector o-rings and they're like $1.98 for the two pack.

They're coming out with 08+ specific install kits to take care of the issue. Basically pumps don't get a 100% seal at the output of the pump and can bleed pressure at high fuel pressures.

-Chris
#5 Old 05-18-2011, 02:07 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Even if they're a little more money than the walboro, it's probably worth it. The walboro's have too many issues with corrosion and not supplying enough fuel when the tank is near empty.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#6 Old 05-18-2011, 08:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Oppsies. Its cheaper than the AVO FP then and I bet its more reliable than a Walboro. I'm contemplating taking my Walboro out for this pump. That way I can actually run my car below a 1/4 tank. I've heard of what mosc mentioned before. Its why I'm paranoid about it and don't want to risk fuel starvation. I figured some people would like to know about it though.

Kirt
#7 Old 05-19-2011, 09:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

Btw, I talked to my tuner and he said that I couldn't just switch the fuel pump at this point from a walboro to a DW. He said it need tuned to do that. Damn, on well...

Kirt
#8 Old 05-20-2011, 09:59 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Btw, I talked to my tuner and he said that I couldn't just switch the fuel pump at this point from a walboro to a DW. He said it need tuned to do that. Damn, on well...
I have serious doubts about that.....

Even if the pump supplies more fuel to the rails the FPR keeps everything in check... You don't need a tune going from stock (170ish lph) to the wally, so you don't need one from wally to dw. The only things that make a difference in the tune is injector size, and fuel pressure. Since the pump doesn't change either, there is no change in the tune.

I guess listen to your tuner but I can say with absolute confidence he is mistaken.

-Chris
#9 Old 05-20-2011, 10:03 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Yeah, you don't tune a fuel pump. It has no ECU control. You just need one of sufficient size to keep your injectors fed... which are ECU controlled.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#10 Old 05-20-2011, 06:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

Thanks Guys

Gotcha, thats what I thought. But, I figured I'd ask him. I guess he was just erring on the side of judgement if somethine was wrong with the pump. Because he said the DW injectors have been giving him NOTHING but problems lately on the EVOs. So, much so....that he stopped using them and switched to ID injectors.

Kirt
#11 Old 05-20-2011, 09:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

I'm considering the aeromotive 340lph in tank now as well. Flows 20lph more than the dw at 40psi, about 12 more at 70psi. Only 5 bucks more and E85 compatible as well.

-Chris
#12 Old 05-22-2011, 04:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

Yeah, I heard Josh mention that one to me also. Sounds like a good deal.

Kirt