the daily driver thread - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 05-31-2009, 09:20 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Good looking out Basco. But Im sure when the time is right, the EVO 4B11 would be a direct and of course better swap though right?

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 05-31-2009, 09:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
I'm not sure...I haven't checked the bellhousing bolt patterns yet...I doubt it will be easy as you have to some how get the MIVEC to work on a car not wired for it with an ECU that doesn't support it

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#33 Old 05-31-2009, 09:28 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Oh, I didnt even think about that, had the brain thinking about all the good and none of the work involved in it.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#34 Old 05-31-2009, 09:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Plus I've already seen some V6's throwing down serious numbers 500+ on stock internals which is why I'm pretty sure the V6 is the way to go...theres just so many things that make the extra cost worth it

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#35 Old 05-31-2009, 11:31 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Eh, I guess 10.4:1 compression is not horrible for boost but seriously putting forced induction on that v6 is asking for trouble. Keep in mind the turbo is 250lbs lighter to boot. Not that 3300lbs is light for a RWD car mind you...
#36 Old 06-01-2009, 05:59 AM
WRXtuners Member

Yeah i read that about the weight...but when I drove the cars it seemed like the turbo was more prone to understeer because of the lighter front end...where as the V6 felt very balanced and sure of itself

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#37 Old 06-01-2009, 03:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

but I'm sure if you added a bigger I/C and turbo under that hood would sure help the weight differential

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#38 Old 06-01-2009, 04:12 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Eh, generally stock piping is much heavier so simple exhaust mods often save weight. Similarly aftermarket intercoolers are often lighter. Turbo may add a few lbs but typical bolt ons are not significant weight increases.
#39 Old 06-01-2009, 06:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

pb-king07 is an unknown
I bought the WRX for a winter mt. car. but then loved to drive it all the time and hate putting the miles on it. so I bought a 89 yota pickup. (always wanted one in high school) and then I did it again started to play with. bigger tires lift now I dont want to drive it becasue I put 70-80 miles a mudding tires and thats killing them lol. I just need to go to a police auction and buy some 200$ honda and beat the rods out of the thing..... a good motor for a civic sells for 200-500 so if it dies I will just drop another motor in it. ( I use to have a 92 and 94 then another 92 prelude. they are fun cars to play around with)
#40 Old 06-01-2009, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

well I kinda bought basically the same style car as my daily because whenever I get the itch to put more power in it I just go drive my subie...then i'm happy

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#41 Old 06-01-2009, 07:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

pb-king07 is an unknown
^^^^^ Thats awesome