the daily driver thread - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-16-2009, 08:24 PM
Premium Member

boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
the daily driver thread

Hey guys and gals, I just got a new vehicle. It is an 92 Chevorlet silverado 1500 2wd. It will be my new daily driver. I have wanted a truck for a while now. You see I do construction/remodeling for a living. I have had to work out of and drive my WRX daily because it was my only vehicle for the past two years. I bought it brand new. This has taken a toll on my car (mud on the interior, mileage, small scratches and dings ect.). These cars are just too nice to do work like this out of, even if it is just commuting to and then driving home dirty! I have also needed a backup in case i am in the middle of wrenching on the WRX and need to go somewhere. I could not get a truck because the economy has really taken a toll on my line of work lately. Side work has picked up in the past two months. Well, I have been doing alot of jobs for myself and saved up enough ($2600) for my new truck. Me and my wrx are so happy that she can finally get a rest and be pampered like she should. I keep her in the garage now all the time. The mods will be coming soon. Please share your related daily driver storys.

P.S. holla if you live in the southeast and need work on your house or need a house built for that matter. I will travel for the right jobs.( that is my shameless plug)

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-16-2009, 10:20 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
I only have one car, my 07 WRX, definetly needs some TLC. But today picked up my girlfriends 2005 WRX (4EAT). So now when I dont feel lik putting miles on my car, or shifting gears I do get to drive another subie now. Cant really go wrong with that.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#3 Old 02-16-2009, 10:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

tuner ready is an unknown
I am in the process of looking into a 92-95 civic hatchback. 25k+ miles on my Subie in a year and a couple of months.... at this rate ill have 100k in a year give or take. I've always loved the civic hatchback. I can beat on this car and not really care how many miles I have on it. Hahah some day my Subie will be the garage queen :P
#4 Old 02-17-2009, 12:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

04paulieWRX is an unknown
i think its kinda funny that i bought my subaru for its awd and reliability, yet i too want to turn it into a garage queen and get like some honda to beat on.
#5 Old 02-17-2009, 10:06 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04paulieWRX View Post
i think its kinda funny that i bought my subaru for its awd and reliability, yet i too want to turn it into a garage queen and get like some honda to beat on.
I agree. I intend to drive this thing into the ground. Then get another

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#6 Old 02-17-2009, 10:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Yeah, I hate putting the miles on it. But, I don't think I could really step down. If the wrx had to be a garage queen. I'd have to step up to something that wouldn't be a dd anyway...like a RWD monster. So, I think i'm going to pile the miles on this car and get another when she dies.
#7 Old 02-17-2009, 10:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

Bootsie is an unknown
I actually bought my subaru to drive everyday too. But I recently picked up a 88 dodge shadow es turbo. That thing is a blast to drive and I really don't care how many miles i put on it. It's not in the best condition either so if i'm out driving and decide to go run into some stuff, i'm fine with that. So thankfully, the wrx gets to rest in the garage all week and she only comes out on the weekends. It's my weekend warrior.
#8 Old 02-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
My WRX is my daily driver. Sucks because I'd be nice to have another car as a daily driver, but I just love driving the WRX too much.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#9 Old 02-17-2009, 03:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

icudruln is an unknown
I was long drawn to Subarus for their AWD and their ability in snow. But every since buying the car just a month ago, I've put 1400 miles on her. I have no problem driving to just..drive. Maybe I love the car too much? Sometimes I think I should get a cheap beater to ease off on the STi, but in a way, I got it to enjoy it and drive it all day every day.

If I got a daily, it'd be some cheap car (max 2500-3000). Problem is, I'll drive the STi all summer, going to meets and what not. But winter is when the car really shines.

Then again, for parts + labor, you can rebuild your bottom end for not a whole lot more.
#10 Old 02-17-2009, 07:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
yea i only have the sti but i could use a cheap truck as well or a mid-size suv.

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
#11 Old 02-17-2009, 08:42 PM
Premium Member

boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Well I've had the truck five days now and it has made me $833, saved me about 200 miles, and hauled alot of dirty tools that would otherwise be in the trunk of my WRX. Unfortunently I will be spending alot of money doing an extensive tune-up and buying a tool box for it this weekend. That sucks because I could buy the black finish Megan racing TBE I have been daydreaming about since work has picked up. So far this is my only gripe about the truck. But I was able to pick up a $20 repair manual for it today (I wish I could say that for the WRX). Oh well, as long as it keeps making me money the mods will come and it will be money well spent. I havent drove the WRX in five days and I miss it badly. Cant wait till I finally get a chance to drive it this weekend. Thanks for all your replies. Keep em coming.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
#12 Old 02-19-2009, 12:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

tuner ready is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by boo-key bear View Post
Well I've had the truck five days now and it has made me $833, saved me about 200 miles, and hauled alot of dirty tools that would otherwise be in the trunk of my WRX. Unfortunently I will be spending alot of money doing an extensive tune-up and buying a tool box for it this weekend. That sucks because I could buy the black finish Megan racing TBE I have been daydreaming about since work has picked up. So far this is my only gripe about the truck. But I was able to pick up a $20 repair manual for it today (I wish I could say that for the WRX). Oh well, as long as it keeps making me money the mods will come and it will be money well spent. I havent drove the WRX in five days and I miss it badly. Cant wait till I finally get a chance to drive it this weekend. Thanks for all your replies. Keep em coming.

Dang $883 dollars made? And 200 miles saved? thats what i am talking about. I would love to put those miles on another car rather then mine. I just need to save my money and see how it goes from there... It's a risk i'll take to see if the hatch is worth it or not.
#13 Old 02-19-2009, 11:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

Herknav is more helpful than not
my daily driver is an 08 BMW 335xi...

what? the WRX isn't even on the same continent as I am!

Brandon
02 WRX Cobb Stage 2 now SOLD to my father who sold it to my Brother. Have fun Al!
#14 Old 02-19-2009, 06:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful 03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via MSN to 03 CrazyTaxi Send a message via Yahoo to 03 CrazyTaxi
I've got my bugeye as my DD. I had an 85 MR2 that I was repairing so that I could have a fun daily driver that got good gas mileage but it became too much of a headache so I sold it off.

VF34'd Corvette Killer aka Doug
#15 Old 02-19-2009, 10:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vew View Post
My WRX is my daily driver. Sucks because I'd be nice to have another car as a daily driver, but I just love driving the WRX too much.

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"