Chevy is coming back!!!!! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-30-2005, 02:00 AM
WRXtuners Member

panasyncp17 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to panasyncp17
Chevy is coming back!!!!!

Sorry, I used to be the biggest Chevy fan, always wanted a Camaro, was actually going to buy one instead of the WRX. But I lost interest in Chevy when they dropped the Camaro. Anyway, there finally bringing back the V8 in there SS line. putting a 327 in there SS impala and SS Monte, enough of that supercharged 6.... Its about damn time, now all they need to do is bring back the Camaro.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-30-2005, 10:24 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
this is stupid. Gas prices go up, chevy finally comes out with big engines. Gas prices go down, Chevy will pull them off the market.

friggin idiots
#3 Old 06-30-2005, 11:44 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
Bringing it bacK? As in actually making a new car? Not like the GTO and Grand National where they take a 6 year old car, change its name, and say it's "new"? Or like they are doing with the "new" Saturn Sky, which is just an Opel Speedster with a new name?

I highly doubt GM will make the new cars worth owning. As an owner of two first generation Camaros, I'd love to see a new one, but they will screw that up as well...
#4 Old 06-30-2005, 12:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

Rain_Racer is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo
Bringing it bacK? As in actually making a new car? Not like the GTO and Grand National where they take a 6 year old car, change its name, and say it's "new"? Or like they are doing with the "new" Saturn Sky, which is just an Opel Speedster with a new name?

I highly doubt GM will make the new cars worth owning. As an owner of two first generation Camaros, I'd love to see a new one, but they will screw that up as well...
They have had no reason to take risks for like 15 years because of the lame-ass SUV craze. SUVs cost the same to make as a car and sell for 3 times as much... They were literally making all their money on SUVs and losing money on almost all the other kinds of cars. Guess what people are starting to realize how lame and stupid SUVs are and GM was not prepared.

GM is in trouble (obviously). How many Cobalts have you seen on the road? I have seen ONE. Think of the last time you saw a brand new GM vehicle on the road that was not a truck, SUV, or Corvette... yeah they are seriously screwed because they did not think the SUV market would crash.

I love that the new SSR costs as much as a corvette !Laugh! ya know so that they will sell reeeal good.

They are not good at taking risks now so they just have to release cookie cutter cars
#5 Old 06-30-2005, 01:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo

There not making any new car models...... There putting a V8 back in the Impala SS and Monte Carlo SS.

And as far as gas prices, they got the run on 4 cylinders on the highway thing.
#6 Old 06-30-2005, 09:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chevy needs to put the kid that designed this onto their design team.
Attached Images

#7 Old 06-30-2005, 11:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

jwtarbaj is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to jwtarbaj
What GM needs to do is develop the Northstar and other OHC multivalve engines and dump the archaic pushrod motors that have been around since the 60's

Who wants a 3.8L engine that can only make 175-180 hp N/A when they can have a 3.5L that makes 240hp or more?? Smaller engines usually get better mileage. I have been asked to study groups on new car models and they ask some farktard questions about my personal vehicle (wife's 2000 Nissan Altima).

Every GM I have ever driven has mush for a brake pedal, a touchy throttle to try and fake u into thinkin' its teh fastar, and sh!tty seats. The doors close with no authority close the door on a Nissan, Toyota or Honda and u hear a nice thud GM car it's like a ping. Let's not even get started on quality either.

The Corvette is the only good car they have. they haven't learned anything from the #### while they kick their a$$es. I'd love to be able to buy American but they don't offer anything that is fun, safe and reliable in one package. Too bad for them.
#8 Old 07-01-2005, 12:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

You sound like my friend who is a die hard ford fan, we used to argue for hours on the mustang and camaro. Personally I wish I didn't live where it snows a lot so I could have bought an LS1, But I dont so.... Isn't GM still the biggest car company in the world? Its all those SUV's and Trucks. Yes the japanese have perfected the art of building a good V6 but I'd take a V8 Impala over a 240hp Accord anyday. I'd take a Tahoe over a Nissan Armada any day. I'd take a Silverado over a Honda Ridgline any day !Laugh! !Laugh! !Laugh! !Laugh! !Laugh! When Honda, Toyota, and Nissan start making some good trucks then I'll start to wonder about Ford, Chevy, and Dodge.
#9 Old 07-01-2005, 12:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

jwtarbaj is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to jwtarbaj
I think the Titan is a fine truck. Good strong motor and a nice cab. I don't want a gas hog though. The real reason gas is so high has nothing to do with Iraq. it is because of all the stinkin fuel guzzling trucks on our roads. I don't know the Armada well but I'd put one against a Tahoe any day of the week and wager the Armada will win. And yes the Ridgeline is laughable but most don't use pick-ups for real truck stuff nowadays anyway. My neighbor is a perfect example 2 kids and 1 vehicle (F-150). She drives it to work and drops him off every day. Saw some wood in the bed once!

I predicted that this would happen eventually and it has come to be. When everyone had a truck/SUV the gas $ would rise a lot and the trucks would plummet in value because of it. It's a fine domino effect. I for one am somewhat enjoying the fall of the Truck/SUV as a mainstream vehicle. It's payback for them blocking my view and my lane for all these years.
#10 Old 07-01-2005, 03:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

I dont think people will stop buying trucks. A very good percentage of people that are buying nice big pick ups use them often. RVing is very big, and most of the huge 4 door diesels you see are ment for towing an RV. I work at a stupid department store, and time and time again do I go outside to help someone put a huge patio set or swing set or something huge into there what they call "truck" I go out there and its either a volvo or some small ass mazda, nissan truck. My brother uses his F-150 often aswell, going to the dump, hauling gravel, dirt, mulch, lumber, and doing some very fun offroading behind the local wal mart.
#11 Old 07-01-2005, 03:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

Jave is more helpful than not
what ever happened to going out in the country and finding a muddy field or a friends private property. How much fun can off roading be behind a Wal-Mart?
#12 Old 07-01-2005, 04:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

Trust me, very fun. I wish I had some pictures to show you, theres a bunch of trails and this one hill that goes damn near straight up. And theres this little brook, My brother got stuck in for 10 hours, a K5 blazer came to pull him out, got stuck, a huge Bronco came to get them out, got stuck, and then a Jeep wrangler comes and pulls all three out, helps to have a winch
#13 Old 07-01-2005, 05:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

Jave is more helpful than not
ok good, I was thinking off roading behind walmart. doesnt sound very challenging but your description does sound fun.