Cars that try to step up by doing dumb crap and that wouldn't stand a chance. - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 04-01-2009, 04:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

cobra killa is an unknown
i remember reading in the news about a guy that got cut off by a driver and he forced him off the road and shot him with a crossbow!!!! of ya ask me id rather get out of the way!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 04-01-2009, 05:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

VisiX is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
Don't hate anybody. Road rage is lethal. Just think that the guy flashing his high beams at you is late for his daughter's wedding and he's packing a loaded 12 gauge in the passenger seat. Isn't it easier to just get out of the way instead of pissing him off? Who knows, could be true. It's not your job to punish other drivers.
I completely agree. While I go roughly the speed limit (maybe +5-10) I pass a lot of people on windy back roads due to faster acceleration and carrying speed through turns. I never follow close and I really appreciate it when people move out of the way because there aren't a lot of places to legally pass (and I'm usually late for work). When someone catches up to me quickly I hit my blinker, slow down a little, and pull over partially on the shoulder to let them pass as soon as it looks safe. There is no reason to assume that someone in a hurry doesn't have a good reason and if you really hate them just let them by and they'll be gone in a few seconds.
#18 Old 04-01-2009, 07:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

robelia1 is an unknown
Yea I understand the whole move over thing and let the cars blast by you because they could have a valid reason for being in a hurry, but when your being tailed by some mustang, camaro, evo, thats all worked up I usually use some intuition and assume that clown is just looking to speed. Three years ago I had a girlfriend that lived 40 miles down the NJ parkway from me to her. I was coming home around 2 that night heading north in the left lane in my civic at the time. An sti pulls right up behind me fast and although there were 3 other lanes he could of went around me instead he decides to flash me and I moved over for him and he blew right by me. 15 miles later the parkway is at a stand still with bumber to bumber traffic which eventually stopped for a 1/2 hour. Ambulance and cop cars are flying by everyone on the shoulder. Eventually I get up to the site, that STI and some other car were completely demolished, like they were just crushed in a junk yard. A week later I did the same drive back up the parkway, where the accident was, except this time instead of two banged up cars there were flowers and memorial posters all over the place. I understand Road Rage is a real danger, but i suppose sometimes someone needs another person to keep them in a slow lane. Never again am I going to be that guy that moved over for someone only for them to go up ahead and kill someone else or themselves.
#19 Old 04-01-2009, 07:50 PM
Suspended

C89ZX7R isn't as helpful as most
Send a message via AIM to C89ZX7R Send a message via Yahoo to C89ZX7R
Love VA

If someone is behind you and flashes his highbeams and you don't move over, you can get a ticket for it even if the other guy is speeding.
#20 Old 04-01-2009, 08:05 PM
WRXpert

LiL Shoaf is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to LiL Shoaf Send a message via Yahoo to LiL Shoaf
I always move over now if a car cruses up on me.. When I was younger I was working with my father at the machine shop durring the summer (I now work there full time) anyway.. There was an accident in which he tore his thumb half off. Well on the way to the hospitol some guy decided to be a jerk and didn't get out of the way.. My Aunt actually passed him on the berm (she was in shock and really shouldn't have been driving). Anyway the guy ended up following us to the hospital. When we pulled into the emergancy lane he pulled up and actually appologized for not getting over he thought it was just some punk kid in a hurry.. Ever since then I don't block people...

02 WRX.. "It's fun when it runs.. Problem is that it hardly ever does..."
#21 Old 04-01-2009, 08:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

robelia1 is an unknown
There's always different ways to look at it. There's always that one friend of yours that doesn't wear a seatbelt because someone they knew was killed or injured in an accident because of the seatbelt or would of been killed if they had their seatbelt on or something along those lines. For me, maybe it's because I live in NJ and traffic and people are crazy here, most often being flashed from behind is just to move over so someone can race or just open the car up. I think the speeding is more dangerous than the situation the person may have at hand. Sure there's that rare occasion when someone needs to get to a hospital or whatever but most are minor in the scope of things such as being late to work, an appointment, meeting, etc etc, but it'd be much worse instead of making it to work being sent the other direction in an ambulance.
#22 Old 04-01-2009, 10:53 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Nagy, down here in Tacoma Mustangs constantly rev on me. Had several slow and wait for me then take off again, I hate it, but let it go.

4 Nites ago a civic and turbo'd corola boxed me in and tried to get me to race, just set the cruise at 65 and let it go, but was also irritatting.

And I also had a similar one where an SRT8 Charger rev'd at me. I rev'd back, but then slipped from fifth to third, he took off, two exits later he was sitting with a cop behind him. I rolled downt he window, waved and honked.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#23 Old 04-02-2009, 01:19 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
NO STREET RACING STORIES!

Please enough already, next one gets the thread locked. What is a street racing story? Talking about doing something you WOULDN'T do in front of a police officer. OK?
#24 Old 04-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Suspended

C89ZX7R isn't as helpful as most
Send a message via AIM to C89ZX7R Send a message via Yahoo to C89ZX7R
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
NO STREET RACING STORIES!

Please enough already, next one gets the thread locked. What is a street racing story? Talking about doing something you WOULDN'T do in front of a police officer. OK?
So everything you wouldn't talk about in front of a cop is about street racing?

You can talk about it in front of a cop all you want and they can't do shit with out seeing it.
#25 Old 04-02-2009, 03:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

nj kiter is an unknown
ah yes the nj garden state parkeway, turnpike, been a batteling crazy ass drivers since i could drive. the few the proud the nj warriors
#26 Old 04-02-2009, 05:45 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by C89ZX7R View Post
So everything you wouldn't talk about in front of a cop is about street racing?

You can talk about it in front of a cop all you want and they can't do shit with out seeing it.
It's not about talking in front of a cop, it's about DOING in front of a cop. Guys, this isn't hard. Illegal? Keep it off the forums.

Discuss moderation and rules in PM, please keep it off the forums!
#27 Old 04-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Please stay on topic. Arguing with a moderator in thread discussion IS NOT ALLOWED. Please keep objections to private messages and NOT in other people's threads. I've been very busy these past few weeks, but nonetheless I intend to keep an eye on this thread. Thank you to those of you that are attempting to stay on topic.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#28 Old 04-02-2009, 09:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

robelia1 is an unknown
Yea njkiter NJ is a mess. Every highway is an absolute disaster and cars think its a drag strip. I guess not many others can relate unless they've been in NJ.
#29 Old 04-03-2009, 01:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

9d2TSi is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to 9d2TSi Send a message via MSN to 9d2TSi
Wow, this thread is a mess. It's easy really. If you're driving and someone else is coming up on your tail, it's usually an indicator that you're in the damn way...lol. Move over and go about your business. Personally, I'd rather someone else go for a darwin, then have it be me.

For what it's worth. As for people trying to instigate races with me, I usually smile and chuckle inside knowing that I just spared their feelings.

Man, my sig's a little outdated.

I'll just have to fix that.

My car is well, it's like 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag...

<------ Click to see what I'm workin' with. ;)
#30 Old 04-03-2009, 05:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
a td05 20g huh? how is the lag? how early do you see full boost?

Back on track: Just be the bigger man and not race, it is funny though "the cars that try to step up."

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
Closed Thread