Cars that try to step up by doing dumb crap and that wouldn't stand a chance. - Subaru WRX Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 Old 03-31-2009, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

robelia1 is an unknown
Cars that try to step up by doing dumb crap and that wouldn't stand a chance.

Does anyone ever encounter opposing cars that don't stand a chance that try and instigate you into racing? I want to make this clear that this is not focusing on street racing, but rather the dumb crap other cars (esp those that wouldn't stand a chance) on the road try to do to instigate you into a race. I was driving last night and some Ford Escape was tailing me and tried to double line me. When I ed him off enough he tried to follow me through the backstreets of my town. Last week some mustang was tailing me for a while in rush hour traffic and acting like his car could take mine by going in the next lane and speeding up to the car in front of him and braking several times. Anyone else encounter stupid people like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 03-31-2009, 10:31 AM
WRXtuners Member

07VTRex is an unknown
not usually but it has happened.

However, if i am driving and i see another wrx going the opposite way i always wave, and usually i get a wave back. Now if i see another wrx going the same way as me i almost always speed up to catch him or slow down to let him catch up, do a few WOT pulls or just play chase for a lil bit. Im the one to start it most times....but i wouldnt call it street racing by any means
post #3 of 36 Old 03-31-2009, 10:32 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
every day, you just have to be the bigger man and not give in to it. Its always seems to be the mustang guys for me too.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
post #4 of 36 Old 03-31-2009, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

robelia1 is an unknown
Very true. Oh I know it happens all the time, I'm more curious as to some stories some of you may have. Btw I think Nissan Altima/Maxima drivers are by far the worst at doing this.
post #5 of 36 Old 03-31-2009, 03:34 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Street Racing discussion is not permitted on wrxtuners.com. Please keep that in mind. This thread is borderline as it is but please try to stay away from racing stories.
post #6 of 36 Old 03-31-2009, 04:21 PM
WRXpert

LiL Shoaf is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to LiL Shoaf Send a message via Yahoo to LiL Shoaf
I got people all the time that tried to race me when I had that bigger hood scoop.. I'm talking about people in Grand Ams, I get Pick ups of all sorts, even cavs... It's just rediculous..

02 WRX.. "It's fun when it runs.. Problem is that it hardly ever does..."
post #7 of 36 Old 03-31-2009, 07:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
For real, some people just seem to never grow up. They watch way too many fast and furious re-runs. I always get big loud diesel trucks that try to race me. I just laugh. Im too old for that youngin' stuff. haha.

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
post #8 of 36 Old 03-31-2009, 07:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

pb-king07 is an unknown
For the year I have had my car I only had one srt4 try and 350z. but i will have to say the srt4 had a 3" strait pipe that came out by the rear drivers side door. I was laughing in my car at it. Then stopped and talked to guy HAHA. thats how i know.
post #9 of 36 Old 03-31-2009, 08:58 PM
Suspended

C89ZX7R isn't as helpful as most
Send a message via AIM to C89ZX7R Send a message via Yahoo to C89ZX7R
Have it all the time. Not as much with the stock sti spoiler, had more with the wrx wing. Haven't had hardly any since I went wingless.

Had a old civic pull up next to me while I was driving home with cruise control set at 70mph. He would punch it then left off and did that 6 times in a row. Finally I gave in and held down the speed up position on the cruise lever. Heard his car get loud, alot of black smoke and I was pulling away on cruise control.
post #10 of 36 Old 03-31-2009, 09:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

jed344 is an unknown
v8 jeep wanted to race didnt bother:P o and a 4.6 mustang auto bone stock with a drunk 15 year old drivin that was really scary i didnt even want him driving by me
post #11 of 36 Old 03-31-2009, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

robelia1 is an unknown
Even on my ride home just now, some S4 decides to pull on the highway, catch up to me and blow by me cause I was just cruising, and then turn off the exit 200ft later. I almost feel flattered that they need to prove themselves against a wrx but like, really?
post #12 of 36 Old 03-31-2009, 11:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

cobra killa is an unknown
i was driving down mainstreet in glastonbury and a huge srt10 ram pulled up next to me and he was looking at me revving his engine and a the light he floored it and took of the idiot dint check his rear view mirror lol there was a cop right there he got pulled over and i rolled my window down and shock my head at him as i drove by lol
post #13 of 36 Old 04-01-2009, 01:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
^that's awesome

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
post #14 of 36 Old 04-01-2009, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

robelia1 is an unknown
yea that is pretty dumb if you ask me. Always check the rear view. Anybody encounter cars behind them highbeaming them to move over? Usually if this happens to me I pull up next to a car in the other lane and just trap the car behind us. I hate people highbeaming me as if they own the road.
post #15 of 36 Old 04-01-2009, 04:55 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Don't hate anybody. Road rage is lethal. Just think that the guy flashing his high beams at you is late for his daughter's wedding and he's packing a loaded 12 gauge in the passenger seat. Isn't it easier to just get out of the way instead of pissing him off? Who knows, could be true. It's not your job to punish other drivers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread