Car Broken Into - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 07-14-2004, 01:23 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

marka73 is an unknown
Angry Car Broken Into

Last Friday i came outside my house to find that my car door and trunk were open... but i didnt open them the night before. The theives broke a window and took all my audio stuff (Cd player, amp, 3 subs), my radar, my wallet, and my seeing glasses!!! this has happened so many times I am about to get a gun and start shooting anyone that gets near my car!!! Has this happened to anyone else lately?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 07-14-2004, 08:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

WrxFoLife is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WrxFoLife
Man that suxs. Do you have a alarm installed to your WRX? Or is the keyless entry one? Anyhow, if you dont have an alarm you should get one ASAP. Here are two suggestion IMO that will keep it from happening again.

1.) Park the car in your garage or park your car at another place for the time being.

2.) Get an alarm system

Also, isnt your insurance paying for the stuff that was stolen? Or some amount of money?
If you dont have a a alarm system just yet, get one with a auto starter feature, so that you can start the car with a click on a button and it will idle until your not in the driver side ready to leave. It also comes handy when it snows because it heats up the car. Keep it updated though bro. Make sure you inform the cops about this too.

03 Harley Davidson F-150
post #3 of 24 Old 07-14-2004, 11:21 AM
WRXtuners Member

MoMoRaCeR is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to MoMoRaCeR Send a message via MSN to MoMoRaCeR
Sorry to hear, that sucks man. Nothing like that has ever happened to us ### we live in a really good, peaceful community. But I highly suggest you get an alarm (to go with that gun of course) if it's happened to you many times before. Maybe set up a hidden camera somewhere to catch the theives if they come again.
post #4 of 24 Old 07-14-2004, 11:46 AM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
You need an alarm. That sucks man. Make sure to cancel any credit cards you had in your wallet also.
post #5 of 24 Old 07-14-2004, 03:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

Tut4u2 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Tut4u2
Never happened me. Sorry to hear it. Contact insurance and get an alarm.

Che
post #6 of 24 Old 07-16-2004, 12:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

Solice is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Solice Send a message via Yahoo to Solice
That's a bummer man, sorry to hear it. Definately invest in an alarm. I have a quick question though. I got the upgraded security system w/ mine. Does anyone know if a window is broken if it goes off. I set it off all the time by accident by locking my doors and then shutting my trunk. Kind of embarrasing when your at the grocery store and you get a compliment about your car. Then you shut the trunk and the freaking alarm goes off so you fumble around with the keys trying to turn it off.....still it's good to have even though it can make you look like an idiot haha
post #7 of 24 Old 07-16-2004, 12:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

Tut4u2 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Tut4u2
Well it will go off if one of the sensors picks up a lot of movement and I think breaking a window would move the car a lot, lol. You can also turn the sensitivity up and down to your liking.

Che
post #8 of 24 Old 07-16-2004, 05:41 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
Yeah it will go off. I think the securtiy system has something specifically to set off the alarm if a window is broken.
post #9 of 24 Old 07-17-2004, 03:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

Solice is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Solice Send a message via Yahoo to Solice
Alright cool. I didn't know how effective the factory one was so I as going to get an aftermarket one. I guess I'll just keep this one
post #10 of 24 Old 09-01-2004, 10:52 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Just thought I'd update you guys on the Subaru's alarm. I have one installed and my friend kicked my tire to test it and it went off... bastard =P I guess it uses a mercury switch.

Anyways, my windows were down one day, locked my car, and I forgot my walled, so I leaned in to grab it from the center console, and it started to give warning chirps to me... it was kinda neat, but I didn't really want to fool with it... it's loud.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
post #11 of 24 Old 09-02-2004, 01:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

Swift Suba is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Swift Suba
Compustar man..... Had a guy flippin on us cause we installed one and it kept goin off in the middle of the night on his AUdi S4......After 4 hours of Wracking our heads at 3 in the morning over the phone, He called us back and appologized..It turned out his daughter left a balloon in the car and it slowly moved every once in a while and it set off the motion detectors like 12 times. I dont know anyone who has ever been burgled after gettin a compustar AND the alarm/remote starter combo has a built in Turbo Timer.
post #12 of 24 Old 09-02-2004, 03:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

Vail is an unknown
It happened to me. Over $17,000 of stuff stolen. !Cry! I had an Alladin 2000 alarm. It was no deterant to the thieves. The alarm was going off when I got to the car.

I am in my 8th week of arguing with State Farm. 1st they offered me $1280 which I refused, now they are up to $9300 as of last Friday. Which I also refused. I am getting real close to contacting the Arizona Insurance Commision to file a complaint.

My words of advice: Don't accept the 1st offer from your insurance. I have had the same agent since 1981 and I am still getting f%^&ed.
post #13 of 24 Old 09-02-2004, 04:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

Swift Suba is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Swift Suba
Good words of advice.....I second that
post #14 of 24 Old 11-09-2004, 12:02 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Well, looks like I can join the group. My car was broken into last night here in Crosslanes. No sign of forced entry. Took my wallet and my case full of cds. Didn't get away with much. About $30 in cash and all my credit cards and ID. The only credit card they tried to use before I could cancel them all was a Visa that had gone inactive. You'd think they'd use my Subaru Master Card... seeing they broke into a Subaru. Oh well. Odd this was they left me my $50 in my change tray, my watch, flash drive, and my wheel lock key. The CD's they took were all CD-R backups.

What's even weirder is that I have the Subaru Security System. Found the door partially closed. When I unlocked it, beeped twice. The alarm didn't go off or else it could have given me a weird beep signal. Neighbors didn't hear it either. State Trooper insisted I probably forgot to lock it... Obviously she doesn't know how I am with my car.

... I think i left my x-girlfriend's number on a post-it note stuck to my ID. Oh well

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
post #15 of 24 Old 11-22-2004, 09:33 AM
WRXtuners Member

Scubyduby is an unknown
Speaking of insurance, if you have homeowners insurance it will cover a large part of what is stolen if you car is broken into. I know it sounds crazy but trust me I am an insurance agent. It will also cover your property when you are traveling, i.e. luggage, jewelery etc.

Brain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement