Broken Shock - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 10-29-2004, 02:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

Trogdor is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Trogdor
Broken Shock

Alright, I own a 2004 wrx, which I love. My other ride is a '94 s-10 that I bagged and shaved and all that good stuff. I used Air Ride Technologies shockwaves up front, its like a coilover system but with an airbag. It has HAL QA1 billit shocks and one of them snapped! I guess it would be called the piston part, right where the threads start. First thing, the shocks are said to be "rebuildable". My dad says that just means you can replace the seals and such, not the piston. Second, for the past 3 years I've dealt with Air Ride Technologies it has been nothing but false advertisement(Complete bolt-in requires plasma cutting the frame and modifying the gas tank), poor customer service(they don't stand behind their product), and poorly designed material(Poor geometry of triangulated 4-link, shock mounts broke several times, ). I don't think they are going to help me at all, everytime I call them they blame everything on the installation.

Questions:

1. Has anyone broken a shock like this?
2. What exactly does "rebuildable shock" mean?
3. Is there anything I can do to get Air Ride to replace this or atleast give me a break?