BlueDemon's 'Where I've been all this time' thread: - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 08-17-2005, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

BlueDemon is known to be trustworthy and helpful BlueDemon is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to BlueDemon
BlueDemon's 'Where I've been all this time' thread:

Greetings to everyone, new and old.

For those of you who do not know me, I am BlueDemon, a former Moderator on this site. I used to be very involved in the Subaru Crowd, however, since getting hired on as a Firefighter/EMT, I did not have nearly the time, nor desire to continue on as a Moderator. Thus, I have been gone for quite some time. This is my first post in at least a year.

I just wanted to get everyone up to speed with where I am in my Career.

Since getting hired in Feb. of 2004 as a Firefighter/EMT, I have since climbed the ranks and am now a County/State Certified Driver/Operator and Driver for my shift. This promotion is a welcome one, as there are many perks to being a driver. I couldn't be happier with where I am now in my life and the job I do for a living.

I moved out of my Parents house in October of 2004 and have since been living on my own in a 1/1 Apartment, and enjoying the Bachelor life. I must admit, there are times when I let my Apartment get a little too cluttered with beer bottles and dishes that I just simply don't feel like cleaning at the time of their use. However, over the months I've adjusted well and am now able to keep a fairly tidy home, for a Bachelor.

We've run some very cool calls in the last year and a half, and have had some really kick ass fires. It's such a rush.

As far as my WRX goes, I haven't really done much more to her besides the Stage IV+ set up. I did upgrade my breaks to Drilled/Slotted rotors, braided stainless steel lines and aggressive pads/fluids. She now has 70,xxx miles on her and I can honestly say I have had very, very few problems with her. I did recently have to have my front axel rebuilt, however, as that was shot. I had to have my axle boots (inner and outer) replaced before that, but I think foreign particles must have been introduced into the axle before the new boots were installed, thus the need for the rebuild. Other than that, the engine is still purring like a kitten and she pulls really well.

I had a brand new GTO start messing with me on the Highway, on my way to work one morning. He kept on surging forward and then backing down to me, trying to get me to race. Finally, I just said "What the hell" and went for it. I dropped it down to 4th and slammed the throttle, and to my surprise I jumped about 1 1/2- 2 Car lengths ahead of him and kept him there until the middle of 5th where he began to pull on me. I let off and he kept going, too embarrassed to stay back. So, for a car with as much horsepower as the new GTO has, I felt pretty satisfied that I kept him at bay. (BTW, Street racing is against the law and I in no way condone it.... I just felt like being a bad boy).

Well, enough about me.... I hope everyone is still alive and well. I will try to get on here more often now. So look for me if I'm around.

Hans
(BlueDemon)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 08-17-2005, 03:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
Did you go somewhere? I didn't even notice....

Welcome back! I wondered what ever happened to you.
post #3 of 12 Old 08-17-2005, 06:35 PM
Ian

Ian is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Ian
Bluedemon we missed you! Welcome back, I too was wondering where you went?

My turbo's fixed and a lot better =)
post #4 of 12 Old 08-17-2005, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

BlueDemon is known to be trustworthy and helpful BlueDemon is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo
Did you go somewhere? I didn't even notice....

Welcome back! I wondered what ever happened to you.
My old friend Cosmo...... glad to see you're still here

Seriously, it's been far too long and I'm glad to be be "back".

I hope all is well with the rest of the crowd, as well.

Blue
post #5 of 12 Old 08-17-2005, 11:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

Herknav is more helpful than not
Garage
I'm not part of "the crowd" but I will welcome you back anyhow...

Brandon
02 WRX Cobb Stage 2 now SOLD to my father who sold it to my Brother. Have fun Al!
post #6 of 12 Old 08-18-2005, 12:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

panasyncp17 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to panasyncp17
Its funny you post this, becuase I was looking at threads from over a year ago, and I was looking at your posts and was thinking... "I wonder what happened to that guy"

Cool that your a firefighter/EMT, my dads been doing it for 27 years, hes always got a good story from work
post #7 of 12 Old 08-18-2005, 12:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

opXus is an unknown
Driver????? Curious how you guys run down there. Up here in the voly world the driver has to stay outside and pump.....do you have to stay out? ### if so, thats no fun at all, youre still young and stupid like me, get in there!!!! We just had a few good jobs the past few weeks.

You know like the Garth Brooks song says, "its not enough just to stand outside the fire"!

Have fun with the career, I'll be taking the Philly test in October.

Sincerely,

opXus
post #8 of 12 Old 08-18-2005, 02:01 AM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Nothing picks up chicks better than a bright red shiny new engine

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
post #9 of 12 Old 08-18-2005, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by opXus
Driver????? Curious how you guys run down there. Up here in the voly world the driver has to stay outside and pump.....do you have to stay out? ### if so, thats no fun at all, youre still young and stupid like me, get in there!!!! We just had a few good jobs the past few weeks.

You know like the Garth Brooks song says, "its not enough just to stand outside the fire"!

Have fun with the career, I'll be taking the Philly test in October.

Sincerely,

opXus
As the driver on a shift of 9; yes I stay outside of the structure and maintain firestream pressure, bring needed tools to firefighters getting ready to enter, and help with rehab, when needed. I had a chance to fight a few good fires, and honestly, I find myself loving the driving aspect of the job so much more. I LOVE pumping the engine, and the mechanics of it all. Hydraulics rocks!

-Cough!- not to mention, I'm safer out there -Cough- hehe, no that's not a big issue with me, but my girlfriend and parents like the fact that I'm a driver.

Good luck with the Philly test! Stay safe!

Thank you everyone who has given me a warm welcome back.

Blue
post #10 of 12 Old 08-18-2005, 06:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

opXus is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDemon
-Cough!- not to mention, I'm safer out there -Cough- hehe, no that's not a big issue with me, but my girlfriend and parents like the fact that I'm a driver.

Good luck with the Philly test! Stay safe!

Thank you everyone who has given me a warm welcome back.

Blue
Haha, I'm just giving you a hard time. We always joke around up here about having to stay with the truck. But if thats what you like then thats great, I love going in, but I need a driver/operator to give me water!!! Glad to see you love the job. Hopefully I'll get in soon too.

Later Brotha.

FF opXus
post #11 of 12 Old 08-18-2005, 08:47 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
Ahh I see you actually did post this time lol. Nice to have ya back.
post #12 of 12 Old 08-20-2005, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBAUCLAPlaya
Ahh I see you actually did post this time lol. Nice to have ya back.
LOL, yeah I wasn't kidding when I said my modem was screwed up and wouldn't let me post. I found out I needed a modem update from my ISP. So once that was taken care of all was good.

Yeah, I always try to stay true to my word.

Thank you for the welcome. See you all around.

Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement