The big weekend!! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 05-29-2009, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

pb-king07 is an unknown
The big weekend!!

So what did everyone do for the big weekend (I would have posted this sooner but I just got back on the comp) I will start it off. the weekend was really fun. not so much on sunday. I crashed my bike... im fine just split the lip open and got road rash on my left hip and forhead (yes I had me helmet on) I was playing in the dunes doing jumps landed wrong on one and it all went down hill from there lol. got stiched up and sent home. the part that sucks is my back hurts. got x rays and its all in line and not borken or chiped. the doc said I tweaked it and its going to be really sore for 3 days or to 2 weeks but other then that I had alot of fun. oh i was out in eastern washington. not moses dunes but one close to it. I forgot the name.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 05-29-2009, 03:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

VisiX is a helpful contributing member
Friday I helped a friend of mine upgrade his motor mounts and install an adjustable shift linkage on his '05 Elise to shorten his throw then he bought me dinner (because it was a pain in the ass).

Saturday I spent half the day doing yardwork. Then I drove a little ways South to race gocarts with some friends, I think they do about 50mph (they have a serious disclaimer). After that I watched the UFC ppv, I was happy to see Rashad Evans get systematically kickboxed into dreamland.

Sunday I designed a deck for my backyard, bought a grill, and watched a few movies (Wolverine thumbs down, Star Trek thumbs up, Fast and Furious thumbs sideways).

Monday I went down to Sears and bought a floor jack, some jack stands, and some ratcheting wrenches (first glance I'm happy with everything). Just preparing for upcoming upgrades but still deciding what I want to do for an exhaust and whether or not I should just get an STI now.

Overall it was a good weekend.
post #3 of 23 Old 05-29-2009, 03:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

AkSoul is an unknown
I worked til sunday morning. I went out to the Oregon coast to meet my family from Idaho, Ran around with the kids on the beach for hours. A bit windy but sunny nonetheless. Monday me and a friend did our first cliff jumps of the summer. 50ft into some bone chilling water.
post #4 of 23 Old 05-29-2009, 04:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
That's crazy. Seaside?

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
post #5 of 23 Old 05-29-2009, 11:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

tuner ready is an unknown
Lets see all week now:
RESEARCHING, RESEARCHING, RESEARCHING.

Putting the WRX up for sale and now looking for another car... =)
post #6 of 23 Old 05-29-2009, 11:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
man why you selling the WRX???

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
post #7 of 23 Old 05-30-2009, 02:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

Lets just say........ upgrade time

Looking into a couple cars...
2005 Aspen White STi
2005 WRB STi
2006 GG EVO 9 MR
Mazdaspeed 3

Mainly looking for TURBO, low miles, and no black.
post #8 of 23 Old 05-30-2009, 07:24 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
I see that 3 of your choice are right in line with what you have, but why a FWD car in the mix? I just know that with all that I have driven, pretty much all aspects of cars, that I will never go back to a FWD again. Just curious to your choice/thought about one.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #9 of 23 Old 05-30-2009, 07:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
well if your looking at an evo...I recommend staying away from the MR because the extra cost is a bunch of worthlessness...the 6-speed blows because its a glass box like the WRX 5-speed

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
post #10 of 23 Old 05-30-2009, 09:59 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I remember reading that also, that the EVO 5spd is better than the 6spd. The exact opposite of the WRX/STI.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #11 of 23 Old 05-30-2009, 10:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

yeah...my brother had one on the same stage 3 map as mine (like 360 whp) and he blew like 3 6sp's till he finally realized that the 5sp is better

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
post #12 of 23 Old 05-31-2009, 04:18 AM
WRXtuners Member

Well for where I live, when will I REALLY need a AWD system? I live in San Diego.... Hahhaah. For the weather we get, I do not think I will really EVER need the AWD unless I go up to the mountains.

And I threw in the MS3 because again the weather is not harsh like some of your guy's weather. And it doesn't take much to go fast. I/H/E and a tune is 300+ whp. Interior is a lot better and its a hatch so more room. It's just a choice I am looking at. I don't think I am going to get it but its on the list.

Yeah I heard the 5 speed is better than the 6 speed. But any differences in the engine? MR is just appearances and suspension right? But if I get a regular EVO 9 then its like me getting a WRX instead of a STi.

So far it is coming down to the 05 AW STi or the 06 GG EVO 9. I have been weighing out the differences...

Subaru: Boxer rumble, AW is pure sex, Interior is a lot nicer,
EVO: mod for mod the EVO will make more power, looks aggressive

What is basically going to be one of the biggest deciding factors is where I can get the best deal
post #13 of 23 Old 05-31-2009, 09:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

well the suspension isn't even that much better...its just a set of shocks...and on the IX MR there aren't any engine differences...only on the VIII MR's...and if you can find a IX SE it gives you almost all of the same exterior upgrades as the MR just on BBS's

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
post #14 of 23 Old 05-31-2009, 10:08 PM

If you get an EVO it needs the JDM front/rear bumper, then the car is MUCH better looking. And I forgot where you lived Tuner, my bad. I see where you are going with the Mazda.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #15 of 23 Old 05-31-2009, 10:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

not so much the front bumper...it only has an extra I/C sprayer...but the Rear bumper is a must as are JDM headlights and tail lights and JDM seats...they have so much more support

heres a comparison
JDM/Type UK up top (I love my seats BTW)
USDM on bottom
Attached Images

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt