AVOIDED ACCIDENT!!! read..... - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 01-18-2006, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

rexin is an unknown
AVOIDED ACCIDENT!!! read.....

Well let me tell you how my Subie & an angel saved my life last Sunday 1/15! I Was at a red light, light turned green as usual & I proceeded to drive..... next thing I know, my girl is screamin at the top of her lungs..... DAVID!!!! I look to my right & a P.o.S Hyundai Accent, (blonde lady driving) was about 5 feet away from smashing into my passenger side door, thats how close she was I saw the color of her hair & the fact she ran the red light tells you how fast she was going which the speed limit was 40 mph!! I saw my life flash in front of me & immediately punched the gas & yanked the wheel as hard as I could to the left just WAITING for her to spin my ass end around. As I opened my eyes & realized I made it through the intersection, I couldnt believe it. I truly had a 1/100 chance to avoid that accident. Thank god for AWD fellaz, imagine if that was a rear wheel drive car??? I would have spun through the WHOLE intersection or flipped?? Numerous cars pulled up to me & said that it looked like some Hollywood stunt or somethin because of my reaction & how close I came & I had "EXCELLENT" driving skills. That was the closest I have ever came in my life to a "TRAGIC" accident, being that I, my girlfriend, & her daughter didnt have our seatbelts on & would have taken full side impact at 40 MPH!! Guess the turboback power came in handy that day, I have even more respect for my car, god, & life now!! careful out there fellaz, cause no matter how skilled we MAY be, someone else WILL NOT BE!! Just thought I would tell you all somethin to make you more aware & be lil more safe out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 01-18-2006, 07:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

imbeterthanu is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to imbeterthanu
damn. that was a close call. glad you made it out of it.
post #3 of 24 Old 01-18-2006, 08:10 PM
Moe
WRXtuners Member

Moe is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Moe
Damn dude that was a close call, glad you made it out alright and no one was hurt.
post #4 of 24 Old 01-18-2006, 08:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

awd>fwd is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to awd>fwd
"the safest accident is the one that doesnt happen" glad you found that out first hand!

Brent
2007 Satin White STi, 1989 Nissan Sil-Coupe, 1998 Toyota 4runner (to be built..)...
post #5 of 24 Old 01-18-2006, 08:40 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Wow, that's crazy. I had a similar experience where my Subie saved me a year ago. Red light also, light turned green, and I tried to get it in first gear but it wouldn't go b/c of the notchyness it does to me sometimes; when I get it in and accelerate, a white cavilar zoomed by at like 80mph. I slammed on the brakes and was in disbelief. Hopefully your gf and her daughter will consider wearing their seatbelts from now on.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
post #6 of 24 Old 01-18-2006, 09:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

9d2TSi is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to 9d2TSi Send a message via MSN to 9d2TSi
I'm glad that your lady was paying attention. I'm right with you though, something similar happened to my wife and I a few years back. I'm glad that she was with me or I'd have been toast.

Glad to hear that no harm was done.

My car is well, it's like 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag...

<------ Click to see what I'm workin' with. ;)
post #7 of 24 Old 01-18-2006, 09:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

reefdiver550 is an unknown
Yea, what's up with all three of you not wearing seatbelts?? Just messin', but glad you made it out alright
post #8 of 24 Old 01-18-2006, 09:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

9d2TSi is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to 9d2TSi Send a message via MSN to 9d2TSi
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefdiver550
Yea, what's up with all three of you not wearing seatbelts?? Just messin', but glad you made it out alright
Man, I didn't even catch that until the second time I read it. !Notfunny!

I bet they wear them from now on.

My car is well, it's like 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag...

<------ Click to see what I'm workin' with. ;)
post #9 of 24 Old 01-18-2006, 09:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXtreme is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to WRXtreme
Glad to hear you are ok.
post #10 of 24 Old 01-19-2006, 12:09 AM
WRXtuners Member

BiggSean is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to BiggSean Send a message via Yahoo to BiggSean
Something similar happened to me years back when I was driving around my 400hp 91 Mustang 5.0. I was making a left run off of a freeway (had a green light). Somebody in a dodge ram wasn't paying attention, and run a red light into the intersection and was doing about 65mph to boot. I noticed this out of the corner of my eye and GUNNED it. They missed me by inches. If I hadn't seen this moron through my peripheral vision I probably wouldn't be here today to talk about it. The funny thing is that there was a cop behind this idiot that saw the entire thing. I'm sure they were popped for reckless driving for doing 65 in a 35 and running a red light.
post #11 of 24 Old 01-19-2006, 12:31 AM
WRXtuners Member

genkidama20 is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to genkidama20
Something similar happened about two weeks ago on my way to get my car maintenanced at the dealership.

I-40 off ramp (exit 270). Stopped at red light. I'm two cars behind the first/lead car. Light turns green. We proceed to move through the intersection, then....

:eek: ... the guy in front of me slams on his brakes... So I swurve slightly to the right and slam to avoid running into him. And then I notice a VW Pasat flying through the intersection at ~45mph. All traffic just halts for like 10 seconds. Everyone holding onto their breath. Amazingly, no one was hit. They guy in front of me had about a full car length of room in front of him and the lead car. The Pasat managed to squeeze in between the two. The Pasat just kept going like nothing happened. I'm pretty sure the gal/guy in front of me probably pissed in their pants.

MSPaint Illustration:

Xam - 2004 WRX - Cobb Stg II - Ugly Ricer Spoiler
post #12 of 24 Old 01-19-2006, 12:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

BiggSean is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to BiggSean Send a message via Yahoo to BiggSean
"Your honor, may I submit into evidence, exhibit B?"

Haha..that's great
post #13 of 24 Old 01-19-2006, 03:46 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

rexin is an unknown
that is a tight diagram, good for that one!! lol

thats crazy, almost like another stunt!!! funny how coincidences happen eyy?? it`s almost like final destination........lmao new pics ;-o

Last edited by Ian; 01-19-2006 at 09:30 PM.
post #14 of 24 Old 01-19-2006, 10:53 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
something similar happened to me too, except i was at a dead stop and the bitch slammed into my rear driver side corner. My trunk hasn't opened since july \

and I have insurance. You give these pissants >$2k a year and the one time you claim <$1k in damages, they make your life a living hell for 6 months to get it fixed???
post #15 of 24 Old 01-19-2006, 12:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

bloodlust is an unknown
its good that you got away from your accidents

unfortunately, this morning i didnt avoid my accident. i was on my way to school just like everyday. As i was going around a turn i saw a little patch of show. I had no time to react and the next thing i know im fishtailing. I tried to correct it and almost did but i overcorrected it and spun around and smashed the front left corner into somebodys mailbox and then a hillside. I didnt get a good look at the damage but the front bumper and front left fender are pretty messed up and the front left wheel is almost broken completely off.

mosc is right about how insurance sucks. i almost dont want to turn this into them because what i pay is bad enough already. so no matter what i do im gonna be paying for this big time.

!Cry!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement