AUX race fuel tank - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 09-30-2004, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Trogdor is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Trogdor
AUX race fuel tank

Did anyone see that tuner show where they put a fuel cell in the evo, so you can switch between pump gas and race gas, then change the computer map. That seems like a pretty sweet deal. Anyone have any input?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-30-2004, 04:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXtreme is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to WRXtreme
Didn't see the show, but I saw a similar setup in a magazine I subscribe to.

What they did was put the fuel cell in and had a high octance race gas(100+) in it. Then they set it up to run on race gas when the nitrous sprayed so they could spray more nitrous. Seemed like a pretty good idea if you have the money for a additional setup. I am not sure what it all involves if you would have to run more fuel lines or splice them into you existing fuel lines.
post #3 of 8 Old 09-30-2004, 06:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

bah14 is an unknown
tuner transformaiton on the SPEED channel. Watch it every week. Taped the show with the STi (not a fan of what the did). The best part of that evo show was how Shiv from Vishnu came in and worked is magic. The race tack in the back was a sweet idea. i've never seen that done before and unless i really got into auto-cross, i ###### wouldn't bother. But i loved what they did to that car over all. It reminded me of how readily available DSM parts are and how we boxers are still waiting for our glory day. Patience.
post #4 of 8 Old 09-30-2004, 08:45 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
I actually thought what they did to the STi was unique. I liked the APS FMIC. About the EVO though... I haven't seen it. But there is a whole three page thread on another forum I go to who ripped apart what Tuner Transformation did to the EVO. I guess the EVO's owner is asking for some of the stock parts back.
post #5 of 8 Old 09-30-2004, 11:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

bah14 is an unknown
Well, there's alot i don't know about the evo ... and I'm perfectly fine with that. I'm alittle surprised that the owner wants the parts back. I supose he could argue that the specifics were not exactly what he wanted (he's an idiot, shows like that aren't about what "you" want). I can understand that. I still like the Aux tank. As for the STi, sure, who wouldn't like the APS FMIC. In my opinion, it's the best fmic out there. What i was referring to is the sleeper theme with the matte black wheels and the hood of a 2.5RS. Granted they did this because that guy told them, "I like to slip under the radar". Naturally that translates to, "Please make my car look slow". Obviously, i'm not the "sleeper" fan.
post #6 of 8 Old 09-30-2004, 11:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

bah14 is an unknown
Side note:

The more i read about evos, the more impatient i become with respect to how much ground the boxer engine ha to gain in the "tuner" market. It's an engineering work of art, then again, so is the DSM engine. Hell, I'm rambling. Whatever.
post #7 of 8 Old 10-01-2004, 02:59 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
I like the idea of being a sleeper. That guy who had the car was a bit older than both of us. If you are beyond 30, a lot of people like sleeper cars. Me personally, I like cars to go fast AND look fast. Its all personal preference. But I do like his car also becuase its different.
post #8 of 8 Old 10-01-2004, 03:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

bah14 is an unknown
THat's an excellent point. All my father ever tells me about my car is how stupid the rear spoiler is. But I'm with ya ... go fast, look fast.

"I hear Buschur Racing does WRX UTECs now ... oh buddy!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement