Asked to leave!!! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-01-2011, 07:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Angry Asked to leave!!!

So the wife and I went to the grocery store to get a few things for dinner and our normal weekly trip there. We are standing in line waiting to get rung up and the welfare guy behind us kid starts bumping into my wife with the cart on purpose. I know this because he laughed when he did it. My wife didn't say anything at first knowing full well that I was not amused by this. After the third time he hit her pretty hard in the ankle I finally said something to the guy about his kid and it went something like this:

Me: "Hey do you mind telling you kid to quit running the cart into my wife's ankle?"

Dbag: "Oh it's not like it's really hurting anything."

Me: "Well then would you like me to do something about it? You should take better care of keeping your kids more behaved."

Dbag: "Screw you a-hole. I don't have to do s**t."

Me: "Don't swear in front of my wife. If you want to talk like that then I will gladly meet you outside."

Dbag: "I'm not afraid of you, hell I could kick your a$$ anytime of day you f**king punk!"

Me: *Smiley and politely say* "Again don't swear in front of my wife and if you think your man enough I will wait outside."

Dbag: "F**K you and wife and her f**king prissy BMW driving a$$!!!"(for the record I'm not sure how this dbag knew that we were in my wife's car)

Me: "Well I'd suggest calling the cops because by the time they get here you will be in the dumpster out back."

Dbag: "Suure, whatever."

By this time I am pretty pissed off and I have never backed down from a fight in my life. My wife and I go outside we load everything into her car and I tell her to go home and I will walk from the store since it's only a few blocks from our house. She gets angry and drives off. I am standing waiting for this guy to come out when the local police department officers show up. They question me and ask me what I'm doing. I tell them what happened and they ask me to leave the premises. I ask who called and they said it was the manger and he doesn't want us to return to the store ever again. I look to see the manager and the Dbag standing in the front of the store watching to see what happens. I tell the police that I will have to walk as I sent my wife home. They give me a free ride home and told me to have a nice day. Oddly enough I know almost ever cop in this town, population of 4500 or so, and yet these two guys are unknown to me. In any case I decided that I will call the corporate office in the morning and report the manager and the wrong doings. I don't understand why people think it's okay to act this way...

C/N guys kid hits my wife with cart multiple times, I say something, father gets all cocky then has store manager call the cops...I hate welfare...

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-01-2011, 10:00 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Keith how I would love to just leave my two cents on this and the welfare system also. But of course theres isnt a single things positive I can say about, so I will say how crappy it is that you got into a situation like this and hope that you never have to bump into that manager or waste of space again, for their sake.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#3 Old 07-01-2011, 10:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Its the problem with society today. All talk and no action. You caught the wrong end of the deal because you were willing to do the action. While D-bag only talked a tough game. So, the only thing you can do is going back to complaining to corporate and see if the store apologizes for handling the situation poorly. Just make sure they understand that you were simply defending your wife's welfare. Because the kid kept running the cart into her ankle. Lie if you have to and say she's had surgery on that ankle before and the kid was risking injury to a weak joint. If they fail to apologize at that point, then shame on them and they deserve the loss of business.

This is my attempt to not offend anyone. Meaning no harm to anything but the way society works these days. I know how flawed the justice system is; my friend is a police officer and even he wishes he could change things for the better.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#4 Old 07-02-2011, 05:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
The biggest things were, my wife's protection and the guy swearing in front of her and children. Granted that's me being a bit old fashion, but I try and respect others by being that way. The company will get to know me on a personal basis, my wife and I shop there every week often spending as much as $200 a pop. I have the 2 of us and 2 growing puppies to feed and I refuse to shop at Walmart.

As far as the welfare system goes, the statistics say that only 1-2% are abusing the system. That's a load of crap. I have seen that with my own eyes around here.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#5 Old 07-02-2011, 12:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
60 years ago it would have been ok for you to push the cart in that little shit's teeth..... Still would have been a good option given the circumstances.

Reminds me of 50% of the flights I'm on with a stupid ass kid behind me always kicking my seat.... One time I noticed he was resting his head on the seat kind of sleeping hunched over and I un-reclined my chair..... Cracked his head on the tray.

-Chris
#6 Old 07-02-2011, 03:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
60 years ago it would have been ok for you to push the cart in that little shit's teeth..... Still would have been a good option given the circumstances.

Reminds me of 50% of the flights I'm on with a stupid ass kid behind me always kicking my seat.... One time I noticed he was resting his head on the seat kind of sleeping hunched over and I un-reclined my chair..... Cracked his head on the tray.
60 years ago my wife would have been shopping during the day and there wouldn't have been welfare shopping...That kid wouldn't have done that the first time because kids were way more disciplined back then. Hell for that matter I wouldn't have done it and I'm only 40. I think it's the lack of some parents not giving a crap at all about how there kid acts up in public. My dad would have pulled my pants down right there in the middle of the store and whipped me.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#7 Old 07-02-2011, 04:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
60 years ago you could've whipped that boys ass and probably been thanked by the parent. These days I probably would've gave one warning and if it persisted I would've took the cart and dumped D-bag's shit on the floor. I have a low patience for people that are not earning their keep in this world.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#8 Old 07-02-2011, 05:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
60 years ago you could've whipped that boys ass and probably been thanked by the parent. These days I probably would've gave one warning and if it persisted I would've took the cart and dumped D-bag's shit on the floor. I have a low patience for people that are not earning their keep in this world.
Come to my town during the first of the month, your patience will be non-existent by the time you leave...

My wife went back to pay for some items that we didn't pay for because the cashier wasn't paying attention. Granted we should have kept the freebies, but we aren't those kind of people. She spoke with the manager about what happened and he apologized for calling the police, but that is what they are suppose to do. After a brief conversation with him he told her he watched the video tape and spoke with a few cashiers about what had really happened. He wants to speak with me about it and was thankful that I handle the situation the way I did instead of starting a fight in the store. He said one cashier even told him that the I never even raised my voice was very calm about the whole thing and the "smelly guy"!Laugh! was cussing and swearing the whole time. Seems my old fashion attitude might have been a good thing after all. I still say he should have just been a man and stepped outside. Oh well I suppose in the end things are what they are.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#9 Old 07-05-2011, 05:53 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
In a dumpster... hahahahhaah

Wow... almost a daily problem here in TX as well. The system is all kinds a F'd up.

Glad things came together though.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#10 Old 07-05-2011, 06:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
In a dumpster... hahahahhaah

Wow... almost a daily problem here in TX as well. The system is all kinds a F'd up.

Glad things came together though.
I can just imagine. I know here it's been a way of life for some families for 3 and 4 generations, which I just flat out don't understand.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#11 Old 07-05-2011, 10:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
You sure you didn't have a "chip" on the shoulder prior to going?

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#12 Old 07-05-2011, 10:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
You sure you didn't have a "chip" on the shoulder prior to going?
"Chip" as in looking for a fight? Nah. I just have a very low level of tolerance for people that don't have respect for others.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...