Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   The Hangout (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Anyone else order a '14 wrx? (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f56/anyone-else-order-14-wrx-39186/)

poontangler 09-15-2013 08:54 AM

Anyone else order a '14 wrx?

First of all i'd like to inform anyone who wonders about changes to the 2014, there are none that I could notice, other than a $200 price increase. I decided after thinking long and hard to purchase a new wrx, problem was, I couldn't find a base (no sunroof) 2013 model in the color I wanted within 500 miles.

My only option was a 2014, which would have to be ordered. When I first visited the dealer on August 23ish, the salesman told me they only started taking orders two weeks ago and that it would take 3-4 months to take delivery. I thought this was a bit long, but I didn't fuss since I presently have 2 other cars. I returned to the dealer on August 30 and placed the order. The salesman told me then that since the order was placed before the first of the month(sept), that it would go on Augusts orders, and arrive a month sooner.

My question is, has anyone else placed an order, and if so what can you tell me? similar to what i've said? Thank you,Mark

BLAZE2099 09-15-2013 12:48 PM

I have seen many people do this since I joined the forum almost three years ago.

The wait period can take up to almost six months depending on what your looking for exactly with options, models and such.

poontangler 09-15-2013 08:30 PM

I doubt it would take that long. Subaru would not have to retool the assembly plant since they didn't make any changes for the new model year. That is typically what delays production. And as I said, with the exception of a short throw shifter, I ordered a base model. If it takes that long, i'm prepared to wait...

dirtydeeds02 09-15-2013 08:33 PM

I did a factory order for my 13. They told emit was a 3 to 5 month wait and I had it in almost 3 months to the day. I wanted the car a certain way so to me it was worth the wait.

Nathan21 09-15-2013 08:48 PM

Someone lend me 32k and I will let you know what they tell me when I order mine

turmic 09-15-2013 09:07 PM

[quote=Nathan21;356762]Someone lend me 32k and I will let you know what they tell me when I order mine[/quote]

Or send me 32k and I'll update. FOL

[color=gray]Sent from [url=http://www.autoguide.com/mobile]AutoGuide.com Free App[/url][/color]

poontangler 09-15-2013 10:09 PM

32k ? not me pal. $25,500 for the base, which I was happy with, but i'll still have to pay 3.75 % tax, which f'n blows. Unless I trade my bmw, then i'd only have to pay 3.75% on the difference.

turmic 09-16-2013 07:20 AM

I like options vs base models. But, if that's what you can afford. Then go for it brother.

[color=gray]Sent from [url=http://www.autoguide.com/mobile]AutoGuide.com Free App[/url][/color]

poontangler 09-16-2013 12:23 PM

I like options, too, but I don't like paying interest on them. The short throw was the exception because it requires disassembly of the console, but anything else I have an interest in can be added with ease, i e fogs, mud flaps etc... Anything that I would have optioned can and will be added afterwards, and paid for in cash. I CAN afford things, which is why I do not finance such minuscule purchases.

arewmors 09-16-2013 02:26 PM

Yea but what about the shift bushings? You only get the back sti one which in my opinion isn't much better than the stock WRX one. And the front bushings are still stock. The only thing that changes with the subie short shifter is the angle in the linkages. You could have saved the money and got a kartboy short shifter with front and rear bushings for cheaper. And it's easy to install the short shifter. It's just the stick no linkages. The bushings are pretty easy as well. The rexs seem to be made to be taken apart for mods. So to get the most out of that you will have to take apart the console anyways. Just a thought.

turmic 09-16-2013 03:41 PM

[quote=poontangler;356922]I like options, too, but I don't like paying interest on them. The short throw was the exception because it requires disassembly of the console, but anything else I have an interest in can be added with ease, i e fogs, mud flaps etc... Anything that I would have optioned can and will be added afterwards, and paid for in cash. I CAN afford things, which is why I do not finance such minuscule purchases.[/quote]

Sorry if I offended you, that wasn't my intention. Just some of the premium/limited features are stuff that I'd rather not have to waste my time on it. But, if you're more hands on. Then more power to you.

BLAZE2099 09-16-2013 04:27 PM

Whaaaa, you wanna install fogs but not a good aftermarket shifter with good bushings and other bits that don't come with the SPT shorty...
Ehh.
Not sure we're on the same page anymore man... Hhhmmn

poontangler 09-16-2013 06:57 PM

Same page? we haven't been on the same page since this thread turned from my initial request to the current topic of shifters......??? When I decided to add the sts,I knew it came with, or I thought it came with all of the necessary bushings. When you select the shifter as an option, you are forced to purchase the bushings. If it's that noticeable, i'll make the change later. No big deal, i've done bushings in other cars. And I wasn't offended by your comments.

poontangler 09-16-2013 07:23 PM

just did some reading, which I should have done to begin with regarding sts. I will call the dealer tomorrow and cancel the option and opt for aftermarket, but, it does appear that the factory option does in fact use shorter linkage, and not just a different angle shifter. Haven't confirmed this. Looking at the photo on subaru.com, it does show the entire assembly, not just the shift lever, which would lead anyone to believe they were buying the entire assembly.

Also, the bushing that is required, is only the rear. ... bullshit. it pays to pay attention to detail kids.

BLAZE2099 09-16-2013 07:40 PM

Addaboi