Any avid grillers/BBQers? - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 06-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Quote:
Originally Posted by stagger_lee View Post
Check this is out Throw 4 whole tomatoes, 2 jalapenos, 1 habanero on the que, and grill em till the tomatoes are pretty much black on the outside. Throw in a food processor with a half a diced raw onion, add some garlic, cilantro, lime and salt and you have some killer salsa. Be sure to cool it in the fridge before eating and beware when you take a dump the next day. Can you say ring of fire?

I hope people are trying these out, because I'm sharing all my secrets with the family here. It would be cool to get feedback on recipes we tried shared from the fellow subie nuts here. Dumdums onions are going down tonight!
Dude. I just made this salsa for the soccer game. F-ing awesome. I also charred the jalapenos, but removed all the black and most of the rips (where the heat is) and no habanero this time. Girls can't handle the spice . Anyway, I did make a few adjustments as needed, salt, pepper, honey, sugar and some oregano. Kick ass salsa though; everyone loves it.
Attached Images

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae

Last edited by Vew; 06-29-2008 at 02:24 PM. Reason: added photos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 06-30-2008, 12:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

stagger_lee is more helpful than not
Awesome man! Yeah the cool thing about it is you can put in whatever you like to make it your own. Grilling veggies and chiles is key though.

Now props to you my friend. I tried your brine and rub drunken chicken this weekend. I picked up this bad boy used on craigslist for $25 on friday :eek: : Char-Broil Silver Smoker - 07201560 at The Home Depot

Made 2 of them for some friends this last Saturday. Substituted a bit on the rub, not much off though. The secret ingredient definitely is the powdered lemonade mix! Keistered a couple of budlights. All I can say is wow! Everyone was drooling all day while it was smoking, and ooh the payoff after a day of swimming and drinking...priceless. Everything down to the bone was devoured and I got offered sex from 3 of my friends girlfriends based on the quality of eats. To be fair I told them I cannot accept their offer but Mr. Vew would I'm sure. Thanks bud! I hope you all try this. This is the kill! Its a dance of flavors in your mouth you wont forget!

Still love my 4 rings, but now all I see is stars.
White Collar Hippie

Last edited by stagger_lee; 06-30-2008 at 05:14 PM.
#33 Old 06-30-2008, 03:34 PM
Vew

Haha, glad to hear it turned out so well. Can't wait to try out more this upcoming holiday.

Jon
RIP Colin McRae
#34 Old 05-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Vew

Anyone have any good recipes I should try? It's been 2 months since the season's started and I'm already 5 bags of charcoal down. Here's one from last year.

Pulled pork sandwich with egg, munster cheese, coleslaw & coca cola bbq sauce.

Pork butt with my homemade rub on a gas grill (ex's apt/grill) @ 250degF for 6.5 hours.

Jon
RIP Colin McRae