Another Cobb Part - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 11-18-2009, 07:11 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Just an update. I just now got off the phone with Nick of surgeline tuning. My Cobb BOV will be shipped tomorrow. They have installed 4 on subies already. Nick said its a quality piece, great fitment, great sound when fully vented. He told me he liked it so much he is talking his Turbosmart off to run the Cobb BOV. He said full vent it sounds like the TurboXS, but better and without the issues you can encounter with it. But anyways I will try and run the BOV in all setups once I get it and let you all know what I think, and hopefully have a video clip for it also. Oh yea, the price:COBB Tuning Surgeline - XLE BOV $295 shipped.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 11-25-2009, 05:36 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Cobb BOV w/pics

So I walk in the door today and the wife throws me a box. Of course when I catch it and look at it I notice it says COBB on it. Well it was my Cobb BOV, havent installed it yet, not sure when I will get the chance, but will keep everyone updated about it. Heres some pics for now.
Attached Images

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#33 Old 12-06-2009, 02:12 PM

I just got done braving 18 degree weather with snow falling, but I FINALLY installed my Cobb BPV. Awesome fitment, great sound. Im currently running it in "hybrid" mode. If you look at the last picture I have posted, all you do is take that plate off. Install was straight forward and easy once I removed my Perrin BPV. It looks better (IMHO) and definetly fits better than the Perrin unit. I will eventually post some pics and sound clip(s) up. I was just so excited to get it installed, I fired up the car and took it for a run. The only issue was the first hard pull, sounded like wastegate flutter, but I think it was the valve sticking at first. Now its a nice crisp sound with no idle issues or anything. Chalk up another great part from Cobb (and my Cobb list, lol).

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#34 Old 12-21-2009, 09:41 PM

Cobb XLE BOV "Hybrid" setup

Heres a short clip of me running up the 07 with the Cobb BOV. Unfortunately I had the kids with me and I couldnt roll down the window, but I will still try and get a clip of that also.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#35 Old 12-21-2009, 10:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
That video give a decent idea... No in-between-shift issues eh? I was looking at that and decided 300 is pretty steep for a bpv/bov. When time comes I will probably try and get one if they're still available... Wonder why they did a limited run of them.

-Chris
#36 Old 12-22-2009, 07:20 AM

I have no idle issues, no startup problems, and not problem in between shifts. I do have afterfires once and awhile, nothing major. Still not sure if its becuase of running in the hybrid mode, or becuase of the drop in temperature. Or if just cause Im running crappy 91OCT. I know its kind of steep, but after running my Perrin BPV I wish I would have waited for one like this.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#37 Old 12-22-2009, 12:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Josh: LOL, I swear to god. Was noah in the car during that video? I heard a baby in that video...unless I'm paranoid. Sounds pretty nice. I might treat myself to a COBB BOV and hella supertones after x-mas. Modd bug wants me to do something and I'm still saving.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#38 Old 12-22-2009, 03:17 PM

Kirt, I had both kids in the car. I had to try a couple times before I finally got them both to be quiet, lol. Im still wokring on getting some supertones and mudflaps (seems to be a losing battle though ). I can add go fast bits, but nothing else, the wife is an odd one at times.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#39 Old 12-22-2009, 09:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

pb-king07 is an unknown
I want to pick one up but I dont want to spend 300 on a BOV and my luck my car run like poop in between shifts or I will have to retune the it. but thats thinking neg....... on my other sholder I already have my card out LOL. I will give it time and in a month or 2 and your still not having problems with your car I might pick one up.
#40 Old 12-23-2009, 09:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Did you log your A/F ratios between shifts? Do you think you'll need to get tuned again?

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
#41 Old 12-23-2009, 03:30 PM

No means to really check A/F, other than via the AP, and they are the same as they were with the Perrin BPV. The unit is too simple to change between full recirc, hybrid, and full atmosphere that if I did actually have any problems I would and could put it back to full recirc in like 5 minutes.

But one of Cobbs claims, which was also I talked to two different guys at Surgeline about, was the idle/shift issue of running it hybrid. They said there were no issues with any of the cars that the put it on and logged.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#42 Old 12-23-2009, 06:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

boostspike is more helpful than not
just ordered this a few days ago as a gift to myself and its coming tomorrow!!Couple questions i had were did you use the flat intercooler gasket or the o-ring and did you have to adjust the preload on top of the valve at all?
#43 Old 12-23-2009, 08:59 PM

I didnt adjust the preload on mine at all. It has been running just fine with no surge or anything. I used another factory gasket on mine (TurboXS TMIC) and it worked fine also.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"