am i selling my car??? - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 08-04-2011, 09:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
I hate raspy sounding mufflers.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 08-06-2011, 05:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

SuBEE_Chick09 is an unknown
="( where have I been?

*DGM Hatchback FTMFW!*

- Lillie

Last edited by SuBEE_Chick09; 08-07-2011 at 01:42 AM.
#18 Old 08-06-2011, 09:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuBEE_Chick09 View Post
="( Where I have I been!!??
My best guess is "FAR AWAY!, California"

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#19 Old 08-06-2011, 10:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

^^ it was a rhetorical question...you punk a$$!
I'm sad bc he's selling it and going back to stock.

If you need stock parts....we can work something out.

*DGM Hatchback FTMFW!*

- Lillie
#20 Old 08-06-2011, 11:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^Not all sad... Selling his 09 for wider wheels and fender flares.

I don't get it personally, but the 11's are quite sexy.

-Chris
#21 Old 08-07-2011, 01:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

? Ok?? Alright....

OP you better get an STi!
If u get the WRX again I'm going to punch you...

I hate 2011 WRX...they so F U C K ING fake.

*DGM Hatchback FTMFW!*

- Lillie
#22 Old 08-07-2011, 01:41 AM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuBEE_Chick09 View Post
^^ it was a rhetorical question...you punk a$$!
I'm sad bc he's selling it and going back to stock.

If you need stock parts....we can work something out.
it does suck going back to stock but ill have an 11 soon. you sure you dont want my lip, mud flaps, fogs, maybe my EWG with UP??

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
#23 Old 08-07-2011, 01:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

What about the AP?? You have one right??

*DGM Hatchback FTMFW!*

- Lillie
#24 Old 08-10-2011, 01:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

AP's are fake ass haha. Open source is the only way to tune correctly and it's cheaper. No I can't do an STI. $8000 more for something that's slower both at the drag and road racing, plus both need same upgraded parts because from the factory they handle like junk and are slow. In the end neighter are better yet one cost a lot more.

#25 Old 08-10-2011, 02:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

cwinterbower is more helpful than not
Garage
adjustable diff, much tougher 6 speed, and AVCS exhaust cam is pretty nice...as well as Brembo's FAR out perform stockers.
#26 Old 08-10-2011, 05:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

What good does a adj diff do when it's still slower around VIR's 4.1 mile race track and 1/4? No one knows if the 6 speed is tougher because 08+'s have only been pushed to 400-430tq. Cam maybe nice but unless you have same mileage motor, broke in same way, same turbos, IC, parts etc tuned by same tuner and same dyno right after one another it's hearsay. And brembo calipers mean nothing when it's OEM. Like Bose in Audis etc, trust me it ant the top of the line best of the best made. Even if the calipers are the rotors and pads sure aren't. Same goes with Ohlins shocks on Ducatis and steering dampers on kawi race bikes! The stuff is junk and does even come close! To the real aftermarket stuff you buy and I should know racing and having both stuff used. OEM pads and rotors can be upgrades for nothing on the WRX for brake fad etc. And doesn't the WRX and STI both stop around 109 feet bone stock??

#27 Old 08-10-2011, 05:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinterbower
adjustable diff, much tougher 6 speed, and AVCS exhaust cam is pretty nice...as well as Brembo's FAR out perform stockers.
08 and up have both exhaust and intake AVCS...
Personally I'd buy a 02-03 drop a 6speed in it and a 2.34L and save thousands in the long run...I know a guy building a 2.34L also...

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#28 Old 08-10-2011, 10:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

cwinterbower is more helpful than not
Garage
... I feel sometimes like I am beating my head against a wall lol...
The 08+'s definitely do not have AVCS exhaust, I have at least 150 hours tuning 08+ wrx/sti's, the sti's do, the rest are intake side only. As for stopping distance that's not even close to what I am talking about, pads are cheap...I am referring to the brake fade you get from red hot rotors and calipers suffering from heat and locking up. And retarding exhaust timing is not "hear-say" that's just silly. Thats like saying changing the duration of my cam is just hear-say, much easier to understand, but still saying the same thing. It's changing compression and the entire dynamics of the motor. I am not even sure how you get away posting that sort of stuff.
Adjustable diff is just for the driver, perhaps if you drove one you would understand what I am talking about. I know running symmetrical is probably just as fast, but it doesn't give you the same feedback. And how on earth could you make a blanket statement like the 6 speed's are not tougher? Subaru motor's has stated it's a beefier transmission, what more do you need? Don't underestimate the knowledge of the people you are speaking to like you are the god of all things that move. I am sure there will probably be some sort of "blowing into a balloon" statement to back up what you say as fact, but I am washing my hands. I simply state what I feel needs to be stated. Six speed "IS" tougher, adjustable exhaust cam "does" make a difference, Brembo brakes "are" better. There, I'm out.
#29 Old 08-10-2011, 11:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
Personally I'd buy a 02-03 drop a 6speed in it and a 2.34L and save thousands in the long run...I know a guy building a 2.34L also...
Hmmmm.... Sounds a bit biased to me!Laugh!

-Chris
#30 Old 08-11-2011, 12:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinterbower View Post
... I feel sometimes like I am beating my head against a wall lol...
The 08+'s definitely do not have AVCS exhaust, I have at least 150 hours tuning 08+ wrx/sti's, the sti's do, the rest are intake side only. As for stopping distance that's not even close to what I am talking about, pads are cheap...I am referring to the brake fade you get from red hot rotors and calipers suffering from heat and locking up. And retarding exhaust timing is not "hear-say" that's just silly. Thats like saying changing the duration of my cam is just hear-say, much easier to understand, but still saying the same thing. It's changing compression and the entire dynamics of the motor. I am not even sure how you get away posting that sort of stuff.
Adjustable diff is just for the driver, perhaps if you drove one you would understand what I am talking about. I know running symmetrical is probably just as fast, but it doesn't give you the same feedback. And how on earth could you make a blanket statement like the 6 speed's are not tougher? Subaru motor's has stated it's a beefier transmission, what more do you need? Don't underestimate the knowledge of the people you are speaking to like you are the god of all things that move. I am sure there will probably be some sort of "blowing into a balloon" statement to back up what you say as fact, but I am washing my hands. I simply state what I feel needs to be stated. Six speed "IS" tougher, adjustable exhaust cam "does" make a difference, Brembo brakes "are" better. There, I'm out.
Well I knew it only had single avcs haha.

Look I understand what your saying about everything but I'm talking from a "public" view. Yes I race but not with a 25 or 40k car if I bought a STI. If I wanna road race it will be at 180 on my knee with my bike. No one here should be able to "out run" stock brakes even on a WRX on the street. Yes I understand there are canyon carvers here, still doesn't make it smart or safe. "if" I would or at least autox, hawk HP+ and slotted rotors with fluid, and lines would do just fine!! And all that would still be needed on the STI. WRX was still faster at VIR's road test so a pro behind the wheel doesn't need to be using the piss out of them.

About retarding cam timing or degreeing cams and all that about dual avcs, yes I get it and it's not really hearsay but show me a tuner that has a WRX and STI with the same turbo, same FMIC, same boost and show me more than a 5hp difference. If there isn't one then I gotta say throw the dual avcs out the window. Will it have some difference? Sure. Will it matter? No. With the weight of the STI over a WRX I'd still put my money down on the WRX begin faster!!

Lol but how do you know it's better? Till I see 08+ trannies popping at 500+TQ I can't say the new 5 speed isn't as beefy (we all know it's at least better geared for what most people use it for). And I sure as hell will not listen to a thing Subi motors says!! These the same people that put cast pistons in these motors? Put horrible tunes in them?? Put in bad rod bearings? Keep putting in oil screens that clog, run 7500 miles, no 3750, no wait back to 7500 cause we use synthetic now. Lol I'll listen to my self if you don't mind.

Points Were made thank you for your input and that was a genuine statement from me.