am i the only one who does this?? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-14-2007, 01:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

WRXryder03 is an unknown
am i the only one who does this??

whenever i go into a garage parking area i rev my engine so my exhaust makes lots of noises and i listen for car alarms to go off it cracks me up everytime to see how many car alarms goes off i got a HKS carbon ti exhaust btw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-14-2007, 09:19 AM
drs
WRXtuners Member

drs is an unknown
I hate when kids yes KIDS do this its like everyone look at me. especially when its big trucks and they hang thier head out the window like ###s.
#3 Old 11-14-2007, 10:07 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by drs View Post
I hate when kids yes KIDS do this its like everyone look at me. especially when its big trucks and they hang thier head out the window like ###s.
Spend less time hating, and more time worring about yourself!
I guess I'm a 32 year old kid , because I do the same thing sometimes. most of the time I dont even have to rev my engine to make alrms go off.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
#4 Old 11-14-2007, 11:04 AM
WRXtuners Member

BAMBO is an unknown
LoL I do it myself ! ! Normally jsut pulling in to a garage will set a couple off, but if I'm in the mood I'll give it a shot!
I'm with you Nagy .... I'm still jsut a BIG KID! I think some people jsut need to loosen up! You'll give yourself an aneurysm!!
#5 Old 11-14-2007, 11:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

WRXpart2 is an unknown
I am also just a big kid at 33. I like garages and also the I-90 tunnels, windows down to hear the reverberation. Growing old is mandatory, growing up optional
#6 Old 11-14-2007, 12:26 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagyhead View Post
Spend less time hating, and more time worring about yourself!
I guess I'm a 32 year old kid , because I do the same thing sometimes. most of the time I dont even have to rev my engine to make alrms go off.
Ditto. In fact, I try to draw as little attention to myself as possible. I don't rev, I don't drive fast in residential or high pedestrian areas. I shift at 3krpm. My reasoning is the car (and exhaust) draws enough attention by itself around town; I don't need to help it any more. IMHO, it tends to draw more respect and turn more heads in a positive manner than "oh, great, there goes that kid that revs every time he drives by this spot."

I see it as karma too. I have not yet been bothered by local police whatsoever or even been complained upon by neighbors even though I always come and go while they're sleeping late at night. I must be doing something right because everyone else gets bothered and smack talked a lot more than I get it.

Yet, it is still amusing to hear the alarms in the parking garage go off, but reving seems to activate the warning chirp. If I rumble by in gear (downshift), it tends to make it go off more often.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#7 Old 11-14-2007, 12:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

xmoniewrx is an unknown
I do it all the time
#8 Old 11-14-2007, 02:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
i would set my friends camaro ss all the time just by starting up next to him and at idle with the 03' i had. i used to do it without even trying. im guilty too at times. when i hear the warning chirp it's almost like it's asking for it. lol.

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
#9 Old 11-14-2007, 03:14 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXpart2 View Post
I am also just a big kid at 33. I like garages and also the I-90 tunnels, windows down to hear the reverberation. Growing old is mandatory, growing up optional
I-90 tunnels at 90 MPH.... The greatest sound ever.

I also roll my windows down through those tunnels

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
#10 Old 11-14-2007, 05:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

Herknav is more helpful than not
bah... boxter rumble is nice... but try it with a V8...

I used to have a 99 Cobra, and I would ALWAYS tweek the alarm of my neighbor when I started her up on the way to work. I didn't have to purposefully rev, it was all in the startup... it always made me giggle.

And I am NOT a kid at all...

Brandon
02 WRX Cobb Stage 2 now SOLD to my father who sold it to my Brother. Have fun Al!
#11 Old 11-14-2007, 05:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

ajskladanek is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to ajskladanek
yeah i used to do it with my truck haven't had the suby in a parking garage yet the truck wasn't too loud though i got a couple warning chirps but never set the alarm off completey i will have to try it with the suby when i get her running again.

new and improved.
#12 Old 11-14-2007, 07:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

a.young is an unknown
yeah i love it ... windows down in the tunnel a quick downshift and alot of gas always makes me smile ....like a litlle boy !Laugh! and i am 27

stage 2 STi...and still not enough
#13 Old 11-14-2007, 08:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

robert.lshoc is an unknown
yeah no tunnles or garages to park in in OK so I just rev under bridges its the best I have wish I still lived in hawaii so many parking garages but I owned a Tahoe that didnt even fit to tall.