Airbags - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 11-06-2004, 07:13 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

kylo19 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to kylo19
Airbags

!Cry! Well guys, i crashed. My car if pretty F***** up but i dont know if its totalled or anything cause i just crashed today but im really pissed off. The good thing is that everyone is okay, and i guess I should be happy that i got that lucky cause it was a head on crash. The airbags diddnt go off and one of the police officers told me that I should sue subaru cause of that. I know a few cars have an option that you can turn off the airbags and make it so they wont come out or something like that , what I wanna know is if the wrx has this feature....???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-06-2004, 08:14 AM
WRXtuners Member

WRXtreme is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to WRXtreme
Not to the best of my knowledge. Some cars have a key that you can turn off the passanger side airbag, but I don't know of any car that you can turn off the driver side airbag. Something sounds like it went wrong, by the sounds of the severity of the crash the airbags whould have gone off. Were you and your passangers wearing your seatbelts, because if not, you are luck that the airbags did not go off because they could have made things worse.

As far as sueing Subaru, if nobody was hurt, I see no reason to. Nothing makes me madder then people sueing over every little things these days. Of course I don't know the whole story, but that is just my opinion based on what was posted. However I hope everything works out and I am glad that everyone is ok.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-06-2004, 02:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
What damages can you sue for? Do you have any bills?

Also, it depends on the crash. Certain angles won't make the air bags go off. What about your side air bags? Did they go off?
post #4 of 5 Old 11-06-2004, 05:31 PM
Ian

Ian is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Ian
Cosmo is right, not every hit will make the air bags go off. I work in a body shop and have seen some pretty bad hits and the air bag didn't go off. Just make sure your car goes to good body shop and demand factory parts, some insurance companys will do anything to save them selves a couple of bucks by using used or after market crap parts. Glad you and everyone else is safe though
post #5 of 5 Old 11-06-2004, 09:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

hipo_wrx is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to hipo_wrx Send a message via Yahoo to hipo_wrx
well the reason of sueing is that most crashes are suppose to trigger them, if they dont go off and someone got badly hurt , then there could be a very big problem. its not good if they did not go off , especially if it was a frontal crash. but i wouldnt sue myself but i dont complain much so i dont have to go through all kinds of trouble because i complain.