350Z v STi v GTO?? what do you think? - Page 4 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 69 Old 03-09-2007, 11:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

BithellWgn06 is an unknown
This has got to be THE BEST thread I have ever read because, granted the bias toward our beloved WRX, (and please don`t shoot me down for this), but if I had the money "personally" I would go with a "modded the F out" Z06. BUT, and I do mean BUT, I have a wife and a career that alows me the pleasure to have a motorcycle (with mods), a WRX (with mods) and a wife (with an understanding and appreciation for my mods). So , that said, I think that this thread touches on all of those factors, and we all realize that for our weight class, we are the best of the best, end of story. We have an easily modded (low dollar output (wrx or sti) ride that pulls 12`s, out runs the bootlegger popo, and we can put Grandma in the passenger seat without poppen her stitches!
Keep up the debates, cause , for now, I can`t afford a Vette.

BJJ for the win!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 69 Old 03-20-2007, 12:10 AM
WRXtuners Member

C&CsWRX05 is an unknown
I just jumped off of the 350Z band wagon and into the world of WRX. I swore I would never drive anything other than a Z and now I am eating my words!! I LOVE my new WRX and after owning one for three days, I am considering buying another one just to mod out and have fun in while my 05' WRX is my daily. I am not knocking the Z or anything, it is a great car with a lot of potential. It was fun while it lasted but I had turbo dreams every night and I was just too afraid to spend $15K on a turbo with an engine block that would blow after about 50k miles(depending on boost levels).
post #48 of 69 Old 03-26-2007, 05:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

MrGrimm is an unknown
not to bring up the dead, but the new v6 supra is gonna be 350hp with optional convertable version, and the v8 is gonna be 450hp

go toyota!

and go sti! the gto can be faster cheaper, but i bet you i could out autox his ass anyday. all that power isnt hittin the ground like mine is, mr. ass heavy
post #49 of 69 Old 03-26-2007, 09:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

lateralis is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to lateralis
Why does everyone call the new gto "the goat"? Personally I really dont think that the new gto deserves the title "the goat". A real goat would be '69 and below, those were the real bad asses. Yes it has an LS2, woopdy doo, the fact the matter is it looks like a damn family car not violent beast that you could slap "the judge" on the side or anything. If you really wanna go with a muscle car I'd wait for the new camaro's and get a Z28. Hopefully they cut the weight off of it though its rumored to be pretty heavy. If they do they will be awesome drag cars with the 6L.
post #50 of 69 Old 03-27-2007, 11:20 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
and then you too can go faster in a straight line (on a dry, sunny day) than you ever would want to on a public road. Big friggin deal.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
post #51 of 69 Old 03-27-2007, 01:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

shamrock is an unknown
Sigh........, so many debates. I think the gto looks goofy. If you want a good looking V8 get the new stang GT. Cheap car and easy to mod, plus great looks If I lived in a summer climate I would get a new GT, but since I dont wrx/sti will do for me. Its not the fastest car on the road, but fast enough. And I would get a 07 ZO6 before I ever got a lambo or ferarri or porsch:eek: Thats right I said it.............

_Ryan_
2004 Wrb "BUGEYE"
http://www.misubie.com/
post #52 of 69 Old 03-28-2007, 12:40 AM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
Wow, this thread has legs !! Started 12/05. I am a die hard Subie guy, been driving them for decades, but..............2008 Dodge Challenger hmmmmm.......I owned a bunch of Mopars in the day, two '70 challengers included, and the idea of a modern version that might actually turn corners is awfully interesting !
post #53 of 69 Old 03-28-2007, 01:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

shamrock is an unknown
The new challenger should have been called the Charger and vice versa

_Ryan_
2004 Wrb "BUGEYE"
http://www.misubie.com/
post #54 of 69 Old 04-13-2007, 01:06 AM
WRXtuners Member

URABUSwrx is an unknown
post #55 of 69 Old 04-14-2007, 03:33 AM
WRXtuners Member

Herknav is more helpful than not
Garage
Wow....

pretty....

and what does it have to do with the thread subject?

Brandon
02 WRX Cobb Stage 2 now SOLD to my father who sold it to my Brother. Have fun Al!
post #56 of 69 Old 04-17-2007, 02:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

fivestarsi is an unknown
hey guys. nice thread. i currently have a 95 300zx twin turbo and its a blast to drive. But i'm switching over to the wrx. 4 doors, awd, and turbo, and japanese, you can go wrong. cant wait to get it.
post #57 of 69 Old 04-17-2007, 05:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

chevarian113 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to chevarian113
This thread has been going longer than Ive been alive....

One of my best friends has a bone stock 350Z and we went for a ride in the mtns this past weekend. I lost his ass in my stock TR... For that reason alone, I love my car. Don't get me wrong, I love the Z's and previously owned a 300, but the AWD is nice regardless of the climate. If i were in TX, I would still have gotten the WRX. Now if I had the money for my car as a DD, and a fun weekend car, I would stay the hell away from domestic anything... But just my opinion.
If ya got a Z, and lookin for more power, I say you would throw more money away by selling and buying a different car than just throwing a blower on the Z that you have already gotten to know so well. It will handle at least 6 PSI, so why not....
post #58 of 69 Old 05-12-2007, 06:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

wrxroberts is an unknown
my gf and i just got an 07 350z and let me tell ya those things are just crazy amounts of fun to drive. you get the essence of a rear wheel drive 306 hp all motor japanese sports car and the styling inside and out is just amazing. i also own a 06 wrx that i love with all my heart but it doesnt have that pure fun tear ass pimp factor i think the z does.
post #59 of 69 Old 05-15-2007, 09:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

Speedogomer is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Speedogomer
Tear ass pimp factor?

yeeeaahhhhh.....

-Justin, aka Gomer
(sold)-05 WRX
(new)-04 Cadillac CTS-V
post #60 of 69 Old 05-19-2007, 01:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

rockinloud is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxroberts View Post
my gf and i just got an 07 350z and let me tell ya those things are just crazy amounts of fun to drive. you get the essence of a rear wheel drive 306 hp all motor japanese sports car and the styling inside and out is just amazing. i also own a 06 wrx that i love with all my heart but it doesnt have that pure fun tear ass pimp factor i think the z does.
Yeah I know, there's a lot of pimp factor when a car sits in the garage for the whole winter

Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement