2014 wrx and sti pricing - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 09-05-2013, 08:08 AM
Premium Member

arewmors is more helpful than not
Garage
Yea I definitely agree with that, it's better. This is the first time I'm seeing the one you posted.

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
Tuned by Innovative Tuning
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 09-05-2013, 10:59 AM
WRXtuners Member

NeverSummer is more helpful than not
My tuner also owns a Subaru dealership. He has the 2014 wrx/sti brochure on the counter at the tuning location. The 2014 has not changed from the 13. I'm assuming the photos people are posting are concepts or maybe for 15 when the new style comes out

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
arewmors likes this.
#18 Old 09-05-2013, 11:00 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan View Post
Confirmed. I just ordered the 2014 wrx and its a completely different body style from the 2013.

Then your gonna be completely disappointed.

#19 Old 09-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Premium Member

Nathan21 is an unknown
My dealer told me that they aren't going to make the STI in the sedan no more only in the hatchback
#20 Old 09-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Premium Member

arewmors is more helpful than not
Garage
Maybe in 2015 because there are sedans on the Subaru site for 2014

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
Tuned by Innovative Tuning
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
#21 Old 09-05-2013, 01:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan21 View Post
My dealer told me that they aren't going to make the STI in the sedan no more only in the hatchback
I don't know if I believe that. Sedan sells way better then hatch/wagon.

the RIOT act likes this.
#22 Old 09-05-2013, 01:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

Phorecaster is an unknown
These are all rumors but I have read that only the sedan will be offered in several locations.

Motor Authority

Auto Blog

Auto Evolution

Automobile Magazine
#23 Old 09-05-2013, 02:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phorecaster View Post
These are all rumors but I have read that only the sedan will be offered in several locations.

Motor Authority

Auto Blog

Auto Evolution

Automobile Magazine
The statement about the body style not changing for 2014 is no rumor. Some guy said that he ordered a 2014 and that the style was different. I think he's gonna be in for a surprise

#24 Old 09-05-2013, 02:05 PM
Premium Member

the RIOT act is more helpful than not
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan21 View Post
Lol...I wouldn't doubt it if true. Although that thought will last about as long as their idea did to only make the WRX in a hatchback!

These manufacturers baffle me sometimes. To see the changes "coming someday lol" to the WRX/STi and others like what Nissan has done to the Z, I seriously question whether they listen to the people who actually buy these cars at all!

I'm sorry but the new design "thought" for the WRX/STi is disgusting to say the least, and far from an improvement in styling! And if it only came in a hatch to top it off they seriously mine as well just stop making the damn thing cause next to no one's gonna buy it.

Same thing with Nissan! The 350 Nismo is without a doubt the worse thing I've ever seen for $40k on the street. Then they outdue themselves in intelligence and somehow think the 370's design was any better, and this time they did it to the standard model. The 370 is just as disgusting as the WRX/STi ideas for an "improvement" in styling!

How's those 370 sales doing Nissan?.?.oh that's right practically non-existent lol! If Subaru goes along with the first above concept and even thinks about only offering it in a WAGON, they'll be hanging out with the 370 in the unemployment line for sure!

Ok...I'm done ranting now !!

Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan
#25 Old 09-05-2013, 02:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

Phorecaster is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phorecaster View Post

Motor Authority

Auto Blog

Auto Evolution

Automobile Magazine
I worded that poorly. You're right, the 2014 models are completely unchanged as the Subaru website has the 2014s listed/shown.

The rumor I was alluding to is for the 2015 refresh.
#26 Old 09-05-2013, 02:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the RIOT act View Post
Lol...I wouldn't doubt it if true. Although that thought will last about as long as their idea did to only make the WRX in a hatchback!

These manufacturers baffle me sometimes. To see the changes "coming someday lol" to the WRX/STi and others like what Nissan has done to the Z, I seriously question whether they listen to the people who actually buy these cars at all!

I'm sorry but the new design "thought" for the WRX/STi is disgusting to say the least, and far from an improvement in styling! And if it only came in a hatch to top it off they seriously mine as well just stop making the damn thing cause next to no one's gonna buy it.

Same thing with Nissan! The 350 Nismo is without a doubt the worse thing I've ever seen for $40k on the street. Then they outdue themselves in intelligence and somehow think the 370's design was any better, and this time they did it to the standard model. The 370 is just as disgusting as the WRX/STi ideas for an "improvement" in styling!

How's those 370 sales doing Nissan?.?.oh that's right practically non-existent lol! If Subaru goes along with the first above concept and even thinks about only offering it in a WAGON, they'll be hanging out with the 370 in the unemployment line for sure!

Ok...I'm done ranting now !!

Wasn't there already a previous year they only made Sti in the hatch? Sometime 08 maybe?

#27 Old 09-05-2013, 02:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

LW_Black4 is more helpful than not
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverSummer View Post
Wasn't there already a previous year they only made Sti in the hatch? Sometime 08 maybe?
The '08 - '09 STi was only available in a 5-door 'hatch'. I would've selected a 4-door 'big-wing sedan' instead when I got my '09 otherwise.

However, now that I've owned a 5-door, it's a much more practical vehicle than the sedan I have now.

Laszlo - blue '04 WRX
Meet the turbocharged rally-bred Subaru WRX.
blue '09 STi - lease return
#28 Old 09-05-2013, 02:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW_Black4 View Post
The '08 - '09 STi was only available in a 5-door 'hatch'. I would've selected a 4-door 'big-wing sedan' instead when I got my '09 otherwise.

However, now that I've owned a 5-door, it's a much more practical vehicle than the sedan I have now.
I always been a fan of hatchbacks! I've had a 96 golf and a 01 gti. I would have gotten a hatch Sti but I read too many drone stories w exhaust.

#29 Old 09-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Premium Member

the RIOT act is more helpful than not
Garage
Yeah it wasss the STi in only hatch. Thought it was the WRX as well. You're right though...

I def don't dislike hatches...they look ok. But clearly more sales are with the sedan model. Hopefully that's just another rumor like EVERYTHING else about the new ones lol!

Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan
#30 Old 09-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Premium Member

Nathan21 is an unknown
Me personally if I had the money to drop on a new sti I would buy the sedan but if I am going used because on how cheap the hatch is compared to the sedan is crazy almost 8-10K cheaper?!?!
Still don't own one YET but still trying and I won't settle for anything other then a wrx or sti. But since I am going to have to go used I will go with the hatch unless I get lucky.

Riot you pretty much hit the nail on the head with nismo, what they did with the 370 was a joke, my wife loves it but I think it has to fat of a but and way to broad shoulders to be considered sexy in my book!
Nissan said that this new management has done wonders for their company but now the dummy is going after the GTR as well, he might have brought them out of the whole but honestly he is about to run the company so far into the ground it won't even be funny.

I am done sorry Nissan has been getting kind of under my skin lately, plus with my wife begging me to get her a 370 before my sti.
the RIOT act likes this.