2010 sti - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 10-27-2009, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
2010 sti

I don't know about the 08-10 wrxs. But, it appears that the STIs are still built in japan and shipped over. The pics are blurry. But, this was off a 2010 sti at my dealer yesterday. You can see it says the parts 100% japan, the final build assembly was in: Ota Gunma, Japan and the engine and trans were built in Japan. For those interested. No, there wasn't any noticeable differences in the 2010 over the 08 and 09 models. It looked exactly the same.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-27-2009, 03:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

OBEE_Racing is an unknown
My tag from my 08 said it was 100% built in Japan too. I'd have to dig it out to see specifically where in Japan tho.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-27-2009, 04:37 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
My 07 was "put together" in Vancouver WA, but said on the sticker all parts manufactured in Japan. Is there really a difference there though?

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #4 of 7 Old 10-27-2009, 04:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

VisiX is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
I don't know about the 08-10 wrxs. But, it appears that the STIs are still built in japan and shipped over. The pics are blurry. But, this was off a 2010 sti at my dealer yesterday. You can see it says the parts 100% japan, the final build assembly was in: Ota Gunma, Japan and the engine and trans were built in Japan. For those interested. No, there wasn't any noticeable differences in the 2010 over the 08 and 09 models. It looked exactly the same.
I decided to get an 09 because I wouldn't have to wait as long and as far as I can tell the car is exactly the same. I'll post where it was assembled for people who are interested.
post #5 of 7 Old 10-27-2009, 05:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

OBEE_Racing is an unknown
Nah, guess not. Its not like it would have JDM specs if they were made in Japan anyhow...unless you actually imported a JDM scooby...which we didnt.ha
post #6 of 7 Old 10-27-2009, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Not a difference....I was just lead to believe it was the one model that was always built in japan spec'd for the USDM and then shipped over.

Edit: I thought I heard some rumblings that the 08 and 09 wrxs were built in america. Was just confirming on if it was or wasn't built there.
post #7 of 7 Old 10-27-2009, 08:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Usually when they say they're assembled in Washington, it's just some options, and putting finishing touches on the car. Sometimes they ship them w/o wheels etc.

-Chris