2010 STi - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 10-19-2009, 08:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

VisiX is a helpful contributing member
2010 STi

Pulled the trigger on a White 2010 STI on Friday. Decided to do it large and get the BBS+Nav package, had to order the car because there isn't one for a thousand miles. The only other option I picked up was rubber floor mats for the winter, is there anything else you guys think I should get? I'm going to put in a short throw but the dealership wants $400+ for the factory short throw which seems pretty insane. Nothing else really jumped out at me. I'll probably stick with the stock power levels for a while, should be plenty for me since I'm coming from a stage 1 2007 wrx.

The car came out to about 39,000 with the BBS and nav packages after taxes, tags and all the other little crap they get you for. I was expecting that as the before tax price so all in all it seemed pretty good. I also got 17,500 for my car on trade which is pretty good because there are a lot of dings and scratches on the exterior and it needs new brakes and tires (I also suspect the clutch is going but that could be all in my head). KBB puts it at 17,000 in good condition. I still owe 7,500 on the wrx so with 5000 down on top of the trade I'll be financing 24,000ish and my payments will be the same as my old payemnts on the wrx. Hopefully I can get it paid off in about 3 years (~670/month) but I financed for 5 since the interest rate was the same either way. I wrote this paragraph for all of you "how much did that cost" people and unlike most people I am not going to BS you pretending I got them to come down a crapload. We started the process at 500 below invoice and he priced the packages about 20% less than list price, the only thing I really haggled on was the trade in value (I got them to honor the GTP certificate price they sent me in the mail even though the max mileage was supposed to be 30,000 and I'm at 38,500).

Anyone know if the tune on the 2010 is good from the factory or should I flash a stage 1 map right away? I have a 2.0 Tactrix which I'm betting will work for the 2010s but the compatibility chart doesn't list it and there probably aren't any maps out yet anyway. If anyone has information on this please post here or PM me.
Note: The salesman kept telling me that I could bring it to 350bhp with just a dp and a tune, I thought that was funny since that would void the warranty. He was trying to hard sell me the SPT Catback for 1,100 at the time, I'm not sure he understands where the bottleneck is in the exhaust system.

I'm going to need 17x7 rims that fit an STI 5x114 hub to mount my winter tires on so if anyone is selling any cheap PM me. I currently have Kosei K1 TS rims that I can trade or sell as well. I also have DBA4000 slotted rotors and hawk HPS pads for the 2007wrx BNIB. (Note to Mosc: This is not a classified ad )

I'll have pictures up as soon as I get the car, it'll probably be a few weeks. Any thoughts/advice is welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-19-2009, 09:13 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
It's likely the factory tune is like the 08 and the 09 were... not particularly good. It's too early to give you anything definite on the 2010.

Congratulations!

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#3 Old 10-19-2009, 06:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

ratfink is a helpful contributing member
FYI discount tire has good prices on their MG brand wheels. That's what I run for track wheels.

XPT has a stage 1 for the 08+ STi, don't know if the 2010 is any different or not.

Brad

AEM CAI, Perrin ELH wrapped, Catted Downpipe, Stage II XPT tune, K4RT30Y STS, lip, shark fin
#4 Old 10-20-2009, 09:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

Thanks for the info, I was kind of hoping to buy some used rims on the cheap but the MGs are a good fallback plan. I already have tires so I need to find rims that have TPMS and will fit. Anyone know what is the min-max width I could use with 225/45/17 tires? It seems like they really don't make wheels for the STI that are less than 18" wide.

Last edited by VisiX; 10-20-2009 at 10:08 AM.
#5 Old 10-20-2009, 11:05 AM
WRXtuners Member

You can run a 7" wheel, but a 7.5 would probably fine. Just make sure you get proper offset.

Here's a decent 7" wheel. Wheel Details - Discount Tire Direct

Brad

AEM CAI, Perrin ELH wrapped, Catted Downpipe, Stage II XPT tune, K4RT30Y STS, lip, shark fin
#6 Old 10-20-2009, 11:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratfink View Post
You can run a 7" wheel, but a 7.5 would probably fine. Just make sure you get proper offset.

Here's a decent 7" wheel. Wheel Details - Discount Tire Direct
Yeah I saw that but it is...
Arizona: Out of Stock
Ohio: Out of Stock
Texas: Out of Stock
#7 Old 10-20-2009, 01:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

Oh, I didn't check that, sorry.

I run the MB gears myself, but they are a little wide for 225.

Brad

#8 Old 10-23-2009, 08:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Congrats. Let us know what's new with the 2010 model. When you get it.