Join Date: Jul 2006
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Today is a sad, sad day in Subieland:
I truly now know how Camaro enthusiasts must have felt when GM released the 1970 Camaro. I can't believe this is Subaru's answer to the '08 EVO. The horrible news about these photos is that by the way they are driving the prototypes (well over 20 mph), you can conclude these are not hand built samples- but rather pre-production versions right off the production tooling. These are locked and loaded my friends. Some general thoughts:
1. After killing the Supra, the WRX is the next target in Toyota's (http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...yota_saab.html) mission to take all the fun out of the auto industry...........and to become #1 in sales. Moving Forward!
2. They transplanted the Buck Rogers designed interior from the B9 Tribeca (runner-up to the Pontiac Azteck for the "I just threw up in my mouth" award)
3. After cleaning up Major League Baseball, the Feds then turned their attention to steroids in the auto industry. The WRX is now playing clean, evidenced by its flabby Corrola-like quarter panels and diminished hood scoop.
4. Frameless doors are out, camouflage and popped collars are in.
5. The grill screams "Let me loose, I'm ready for 9-5 traffic!!"
6. All rally inspiration has been removed to comply with Toyota's "rally racing is fun, therefore rally racing is prohibited" policy. In 2008, Buck Rogers will pilot a B9 Tribeca to the first WRC manufacturers championship since 1997.
Time will tell how the car differs mechanically from the current platform, but the looks alone are a huge step backwards for Subaru and the WRX (shakes head)
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|