2008 Wrx... - Page 13 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#181 Old 10-08-2007, 09:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Here are some pictures of a leaked Japanese brochure. It shows the available colors and it also shows some optional lightweight wheels.

It shows the navigation unit that will hoepfully be an option. They also show the seats and guages.

The translated HP is 304 at 6400 and torque is 311@4400. With these numbers and the EVO going backwards in terms of performance I think the new STI is going to smoke the EVO.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/subar...-scans/428963/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 Old 10-08-2007, 08:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

Mo-Bo0st is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk05WRX View Post
Each car is put on a dyno and the guy runs it up to over 100MPH. All that break-in stuff has to be no sense b/c they totally reamed each car.
Break in is non-sense. I've been trying to convince people of this for years.

On topic about the car though. I went to a dealership to see if a new WRX might be my next car, but when I found that there are 3 triim levels to choose from and that the middle package was $28,000 , I walked off the lot.

Subie has gotten WAY to proud of their product! For that kinda money I may as well just go buy an A3 since thats what this car is trying to be anyway.
#183 Old 10-08-2007, 08:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

Mo-Bo0st is an unknown
Quote:

The translated HP is 304 at 6400 and torque is 311@4400. With these numbers and the EVO going backwards in terms of performance I think the new STI is going to smoke the EVO.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/subar...-scans/428963/

Keep thinking. Navigation is an option on the regular WRX why wouldnt it be on the STI?
#184 Old 10-09-2007, 01:48 AM
WRXtuners Member

king723 is an unknown
if only the hatch was a 2 door..it would look wayyyy better.
#185 Old 10-09-2007, 10:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Official JDM pictures have been released. To me, this thing looks pretty bad ass. The interior looks great. I wonder if the leaked brochure is the reason they went ahead and released the pictures ahead of schedule.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2008-...ti-jdm/430795/

As far as navigation, I was thinking they might cut it from the STI for the same reason they don't have automatics. I'm glad it's there b/c I recently went on a long road trip and borrowed a friend's dashboard unit and it was great to have.

#186 Old 10-09-2007, 11:18 AM
WRXtuners Member

TDub is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to TDub Send a message via MSN to TDub
I'm in total agreement. I'm almost dead-set on trading in my 06 WRX and getting the new STI and putting the Outback back on the road for my daily driver. I had my doubts at first, but this thing is sexy!
The Dash looks like it will have the navigation system:

More pics can be found here: http://www.netcarshow.com/subaru/2008-impreza_wrx_sti/

Quote:
Official JDM pictures have been released. To me, this thing looks pretty bad ass. The interior looks great. I wonder if the leaked brochure is the reason they went ahead and released the pictures ahead of schedule.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2008-...ti-jdm/430795/

As far as navigation, I was thinking they might cut it from the STI for the same reason they don't have automatics. I'm glad it's there b/c I recently went on a long road trip and borrowed a friend's dashboard unit and it was great to have.

Last edited by TDub; 10-09-2007 at 11:20 AM. Reason: added pictures
#187 Old 10-09-2007, 06:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

hawkwind is an unknown
My reply from another automotive forum:

I really do not want to admit it, but the look the Impreza hatch is really growing on me, WRX and STI.

I used this for a background image at work, and stared at it for nearly an hour...it was then this lightswitch flipped on and my inner thoughts said, "Oooohhhh....I get it now".

Something else to consider: Subaru is pretty dinky company, just because they are owned FHI does not always mean Uncle Fuji is going to send money their way. So, if they were to to redesign a car, they would have to pick either drivetrain or body, but not both.

I think they made the right decision, really.

Jay.
#188 Old 10-09-2007, 07:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo-Bo0st View Post

On topic about the car though. I went to a dealership to see if a new WRX might be my next car, but when I found that there are 3 triim levels to choose from and that the middle package was $28,000 , I walked off the lot.

BINGO. I don't see how they are going to move substantial amounts of inventory (in the US) when Mazdas, Mitsus, and others can outprice normal WRXs by $2k-$5k. It's going to be real interesting what dealers will do (with respect to pricing on '08s) around this time next year...

I like the new STI styling, but I'm pessimistically expecting a starting price of $36k-$38k.
#189 Old 10-10-2007, 02:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

My local dealers said they aren't expecting a price increase based on the rest of the new 08 lineup. Across the line price increases have been a few hundred bucks at most. They do expect to sell the 08 STI at full retail for at least the first few months until they get a good inventory.

One of the managers said after a few months he expects to sell them at $500 over invoice. If that's true I'd expect I could pick one up for around $33k. Fingers crossed.

They also already have special financing in place for the 08 WRXs. 5.9% for 60 months. 4.9% for the 07's
#190 Old 10-10-2007, 05:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

TDub is an unknown
Quote:
My local dealers said they aren't expecting a price increase based on the rest of the new 08 lineup. Across the line price increases have been a few hundred bucks at most. They do expect to sell the 08 STI at full retail for at least the first few months until they get a good inventory.

One of the managers said after a few months he expects to sell them at $500 over invoice. If that's true I'd expect I could pick one up for around $33k. Fingers crossed.

They also already have special financing in place for the 08 WRXs. 5.9% for 60 months. 4.9% for the 07's
Yahoo Autos is pricing the 08 WRX Sedan @ $24,350 MSRP and $$22,997. The Wagon (Hatchback??) at $24,850 and $23,461 respectively.

That's almost music to my ears! Looking at that, I would expect the STI to still be in the same price-range. I'll probably be saying bye-bye to the 06 wrx and hello to the 08 STI.
#191 Old 10-10-2007, 05:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

TDub is an unknown
Sorry for the double-post but, unfortunately I'm at work and due to some IE/javascript issues, I can't edit posts.

Who else thinks the interior is just flat out sexy? I sure do.
#192 Old 10-10-2007, 05:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

rockinloud is an unknown
The new STi has really grown on me, though I still don't like the mustache on the front grill; take that away and I'd take one in a second!

Ryan
#193 Old 10-12-2007, 04:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

Mo-Bo0st is an unknown
Quote:
My local dealers said they aren't expecting a price increase based on the rest of the new 08 lineup. Across the line price increases have been a few hundred bucks at most.

Not sure how your dealer can say this, when I already stated that I've looked at the cars in person and the middle package in the lineup was a $28,000 car!

You are talking about these things like they dont exist! They are already on lots ready to be purchased...and the price of the cars HAS increased. Sure you can get the base, stripped down car for $24k, but thats not the car that anyone is going to be interested in or want to buy. The first trim level that anyone is going to be interested in is going to be the second level, and its bringing with it a pretty heavy price tag for what it is.

Shame on you Subaru! And to think you do this after doing what I've been asking for over the last 5 years, making the STi a wagon. Shame on you!

Premium Package (Optional $2,100) AKA - The "middle package" as I referred to it.

Satellite Radio and Navigation Package (Optional $4,100)

You do the math. Dont forget to add in the Tax/Title/License!
#194 Old 10-25-2007, 01:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

I got much lower quotes from my Subaru dealer. Just b/c it says 28k doesn't mean that's what they're selling for. Here are the quotes I got.

The new 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX list for $24,995.00 Sale price $21,868.00
The new 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX Premium Package list for $27,095.00 Sale price $23,722.00

For those of you with a PS3 you can drive the new STI in the GT5 demo. Trouble is that you have to create a Japanese account to download it. There are instructions here.

http://www.japanesepsn.com/

I can't wait to find out pricing. The specs for the Japanese STI look pretty good. The full press release is here.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/10/24/t...wrx-sti-debut/
#195 Old 10-31-2007, 10:02 AM
WRXtuners Member

IH8PVMNT is an unknown
ive seen them at my local subaru deal the hatch back isnt too bad although the
seadn looks like a pile of crap... its teribble
dislikes...
300 series wanna be body lines
buble shape
limited edition doesnt come with upgrades calipers WACK

navigation
bigger nicer interior