Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   The Hangout (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   09 imprezas look horrible. (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f56/09-imprezas-look-horrible-27617/)

ghostlight 11-18-2009 09:31 PM

09 imprezas look horrible.

so i was at the dealership having something taken out of my gas tank to keep it from stalling out in the corners with a low tank. not sure exactly.
but it was free to have taken out. and if i didn't i would've been in danger of my catalytic converter being destroyed (apparently)

so AAAAAAnyway.....

i was walking around the lot, and i found my way up next to an 09 impreza. just the 2.5 not a wrx or anything. i'm not a big fan of the newer syling, but there was something eorse about this little car. first i noticed the seat fabric looked like old teddy bear remains.

then i noticed the plastic rims on the black steel wheels.......

what the crap?

then i noticed that the whel well wouldn't support much bigger of a wheel than on stock.

there weren't any wrxs or sti's there, so.... do the new wrx's look like that? has subaru made that big of a product turn around? i seriously thought the focus' looked like a higher wuality car.

i felt so ashamed....

booosted09 11-18-2009 09:39 PM

look at pics of the WRX's and Sti's....not the case at all. You sir should mind your words....plus what do you expect from a base- model car...look at a base civic and then an Si. same shit. you get what you pay for. I just happened to pay 8 grand more for the goodies :)

turmic 11-18-2009 09:54 PM

The baselines are made cheap....did you bother to look at the sticker price? $17,495 is pretty darn cheap for a awd car. I'd expect hubcaps at that price...lol. But, i'm sure there is rim options for the baselines. Just most of them that i see are running the hubs. The 09 wrxs are based off stis and not the baseline imprezas. They look considerable better than the 08s and even the 08s didn't look as bad as a baseline.

ratfink 11-19-2009 09:47 AM

Similar but not the same cars. There is a pretty big difference. Although I was fairly certain the fender wells are the same, and the 08+ had the largest tire capacity ever in a wrx or STi.

09wrxboy 11-19-2009 09:55 AM

The 09 Wrx looks better than the regular imprezas. It has an aggressive lip kit that goes all around the car, the wheels are 17"gunmetal rims. Not to mention, the infamous turboed hood scoop is what sets the models apart. Subaru may not have made the regular impreza and wrx that different as far as looks because they spent most of their focus on making the 09 wrx the fastest factory produced wrx ever. I honestly would take the power and the flexibility to upgrade it to make it a beast alot cheaper than getting the sti. But that's my personal opinion. I'm happy with the car. It holds its weight and fun to drive. I would recommend to get the 09 wrx instead of the 09 sti just for the slight differences do not make it worth the large price difference between the two models.

Hope that cleared everything up. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

MWRX09 11-19-2009 10:57 AM

Ghostlight are you sure you were looking at the right car? Speaking from experience (have had a new Subaru wrx for the past 3 years running) the 09 is the fastest, best handling, and best looking car of them all. I think what you need to do is test drive an 08 then drive an 09. You will realize Subaru made the best WRX ever. I test drove a 2010 and didnt even trade up because I love my 09 so much. Not that there is much of a difference. I know its your opinion about what you like and dislike but come on dude.

ghostlight 11-19-2009 01:45 PM

yeah, i was just talking about the impreza base line. very bottom. the dealership doesn't have wrx in my town. they're too fast.

that's why i was asking if the new wrxs were like that.
and apparently they're not.

and that's great.

now calm down everyone. don't pitch a hissy. it's just a car.

MWRX09 11-19-2009 03:24 PM

You need to move to a town that allows WRX's and quickly. Your on a WRX website what response did you think you were gonna get when you knocked a car that looks exactly the same minus lower body molding and a hood scoop? A standing ovation?

booosted09 11-19-2009 04:02 PM

[quote=MWRX09;235314]You need to move to a town that allows WRX's and quickly. Your on a WRX website what response did you think you were gonna get when you knocked a car that looks exactly the same minus lower body molding and a hood scoop? A standing ovation?[/quote]

LOL...!Laugh!

RcrsWetDream 11-19-2009 04:05 PM

I need some popcorn this is getting good.

Vew 11-19-2009 04:54 PM

Play nice..

09wrxboy 11-20-2009 10:57 AM

We are playing nice. If you know that it is a base model, you would expect that if you move up one model from the 2.5RS to the wrx, there would be significant and better changes to balance out the price differences. That's all I am saying.

turmic 11-22-2009 03:59 PM

The STI and WRX difference isn't just the HP. People are so one track minded. The suspension is better, tougher trans, you get better diffs, and a better turbo layout in the newer MYs. ie. you can upgrade to the turbos of 02-07 wrx layouts and not have to convert the car to that. Granted a custom turbo solves all of this. If you can't afford it, don't hate on it. Its just your bigger brother.

09azwrx 11-23-2009 12:06 PM

[quote=turmic;235479]The STI and WRX difference isn't just the HP. People are so one track minded. The suspension is better, tougher trans, you get better diffs, and a better turbo layout in the newer MYs. ie. you can upgrade to the turbos of 02-07 wrx layouts and not have to convert the car to that. Granted a custom turbo solves all of this. If you can't afford it, don't hate on it. Its just your bigger brother.[/quote]

Very good point. I took all that into thought while i was looking at my WRX it depends on what your looking for. My check book said WRX and i had to agree. lol. But I am very happy with my choice and just like the STI is higher on the food chain then the WRX. the WRX is way higher on the food chain then a low end impreza.

MWRX09 11-23-2009 02:28 PM

I agree that there is a difference between the Sti and the WRX. The price of a WRX is a much better deal though. You can drop 9k into a base model WRX and get a better car then a stock STi for the same amount of money. I wanted an STi so bad when I bought my first Subaru and my salesman talked me out of it just for that reason alone. With an STi you pay for the name and a good car.