Wrx Rims Rota Torque R - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 04-02-2009, 01:22 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo2sixty View Post
Would some 18x8 with 37 offset be ok with slight lowering (1'')
No. Stock offset is 53. Those will stick out into your fenders, particularly on lowering springs.

Read this thread:
Wheel / Tire FAQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 04-04-2009, 02:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

slo2sixty is an unknown
Ive been looking at the tenzo type-m wheels and i love the way that they look. the offset is 45 so that would be .4 in or about 11mm from stock, i know the faq says dont go below 47... and all the sites that have these wheels say that it will fit. Are they right? or maby some 17x8 instead??? Idk gimme some options. i ###### should have started a thread dang, well Thanks in advance.
#18 Old 04-04-2009, 09:19 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
+45 isn't horrible. As long as your springs are stock (or something very stiff like coilovers) and you only go 225 wide, it should work. Reducing offset hurts your handling keep in mind.

But check out these:
ASA AR1 Silver w/Machined Lip - 48mm
Kazera KZ-J Black w/Red Stripe - 50mm
#19 Old 04-04-2009, 11:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

g-man is an unknown
These rims are 18x7.5. How would you guys think they woulod look on a blue 04 wrx? Thanks.
Attached Images

#20 Old 04-05-2009, 10:24 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I saw a black 06/07 WRX in Frederick, MD last night with what looked like a set of very wide (must have been at least 9") gold Rota Torque Rs with stretched tires - sorry, didn't note the size, but they were very close to the fenders. The spokes weren't completely vertical, they bowed in significantly, so that's why I'm thinking they were Torque Rs. I was all excited because at first the car looked similar to mine, but upon closer inspection, it was clearly modded a whole lot more. Mods I noticed: painted headlights, tinted tail lights, lowered, STi V-Limited lip, STi Limited trunk spoiler, some type of aftermarket exhaust, carbon fiber hood with a center vent in front of the scoop and the snow shovel scoop of an 04/05 STi with the support bars cut out, an STi tmic peeking out through the hood, gauges, and Andrewtech stickers in several places. At first I thought it was an STi, but upon closer inspection, I noticed the red Subaru brake calipers (not Brembos) and the interior wasn't blue, but nonetheless, it was a very nice car.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)