WRX handling is poor - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 21 Old 12-07-2007, 04:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

thebean123 is an unknown
When the wheel isturned out it almostlooks like you have some positive camber. Optical illusion I guess. So the steering so bad that if u were to swerve you would be S.O.L, thats not good. Man this is a riddle wrapped in a conundrum wrapped in an enigma. I have no idea how to spell enigma or cocnundrum.

Sean
"Gonna drive it till' it explodes."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 Old 12-07-2007, 08:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebean123 View Post
When the wheel isturned out it almostlooks like you have some positive camber. Optical illusion I guess. So the steering so bad that if u were to swerve you would be S.O.L, thats not good. Man this is a riddle wrapped in a conundrum wrapped in an enigma. I have no idea how to spell enigma or cocnundrum.
nope, when its on the rack stops it will have a little positive camber. its normal. and you had enigma and conundrum correct.

i still think the issue exists between the steering wheel and the seat, though. well, apart from your suspension settings. but hell, we have been down that road before and you can all keep thinking what ever you want. all the honda guys jack up the - camber so it must help, right?
post #18 of 21 Old 12-07-2007, 11:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

kh15 is an unknown
i agree nose nuggets simply because i dont know what else it could be.
post #19 of 21 Old 12-15-2007, 09:41 PM
WRXpert

Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful
do you have any "memory steer" ie when you make a right turn the wheel is slightly cocked to the right, the opposite when you turn left?

Mike

Wagon Mafiosa
post #20 of 21 Old 12-17-2007, 12:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sky View Post
do you have any "memory steer" ie when you make a right turn the wheel is slightly cocked to the right, the opposite when you turn left?
i have not heard of this. when you say "the wheel is slightly cocked to the right" do you mean the steering wheel or the wheel on the ground?
post #21 of 21 Old 12-17-2007, 02:59 PM
WRXpert

Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful
steering wheel cocked slightly to the right (off center) on right hand turn, then will do the opposite on a left hand turn- the reason I ask is often folks either forget one or both domed washers when reassembling the struts OR get one or both upside down OR get one or both UNDER the upper spring perch

this will mimic what the OP experiences, but will in addition reveal itself w/ memory steer

Mike

Wagon Mafiosa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement