Why not Eibach? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-14-2011, 11:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

itch is an unknown
Why not Eibach?

I see many of you have added aftermarket sway bars and seems like a good investment. I have a 2010 WRX and would like to add sway bars, but I have not seen anyone run the package that Eibach offers, front and rear for the cost of a front Perrin.
Is there a reason?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-14-2011, 11:59 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Time on the market maybe?

Perrin proven to work well on Subies in the past.. Same for Whiteline and Hotchkiss....

Has Eibach been making them long for the Subies?

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#3 Old 04-14-2011, 12:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
yeah Eibach has had parts out for our cars from the beginning

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#4 Old 04-14-2011, 02:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Size/diameter doesn't exceed stock ?

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#5 Old 04-14-2011, 02:30 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
They're fatter than the 02 WRX ones anyway. I think they're roughly STi level fat. Most other aftermarket ones are beyond that. Also, stay away from Eibach WRX springs, they're garbage. Too low a springrate with too much drop.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#6 Old 04-14-2011, 10:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
When shopping for sway bars, here are some things to consider:

1. Do you care about the weight of the bars? If you do, buy hollow bars since they're lighter than solid bars.

2. Look for weak spots - welded spots are typically weak points.

3. Adjustable sway bars are really nice, but you'll pay a little more for them. Even though the settings are usually limited to 2 or 3 per bar, it's fun to play around with them and it's really nice to dial in exactly what you like.

4. What's the intended driving purpose of the car: street or track? If that car is tracked, what are the class limitations? If there are none, get the biggest bars you can find. If it's your daily driver, you probably want to keep some understeer characteristics that the car comes with from the factory (typically, that means having a slightly larger front than rear bar). This means that at the limit going around a curve, the front end will lose traction before the rear. This is safer because as you slow down, the nose of the car will eventually regain traction and you'll be able to steer in the direction you want to, although the steering radius will be significantly longer and you may plow head-on into something that you didn't want to - but in a crash situation, this is actually safer than hitting the object sideways. If your car had oversteer - or in an emergency situation snap oversteer - the back end of the car would whip around at the limit or while swerving abruptly, causing you to lose control completely (unless your car has a ridiculous amount of power and you could mash the gas pedal to the floor and regain control with a drift - which very few of us have the ability to do).

...a good rule of thumb is to upgrade both bars at the same time and in relatively similar increments. You don't want to get only a huge front or only a huge rear bar because that would create unusual handling characteristics. You should get a pair of medium or large bars and install them at the same time (ideally, with upgraded endlinks too) for the best results.

I don't know how much you've read about this stuff, but that's most of what I've gathered. Aftermarket sway bars and endlinks were by far one of my favorite modifications. Good luck and keep us posted.

John
07 WRX
#7 Old 04-15-2011, 06:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
Hollow bars are way weaker than solid

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#8 Old 04-15-2011, 07:42 AM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
They're still stronger than the end links, and that's all that matters. Been running Cobb hollow 25mm bars F&R for 5 years. 6 front links later the bars are still in great shape.
#9 Old 04-18-2011, 09:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
^ wagonracer, are you replacing your front endlinks with stock endlinks or have you been experimenting with different aftermarket links?

John
07 WRX
#10 Old 04-21-2011, 03:27 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
I have the Eibachs and I'm quite happy with them. I like them more than the Perrin bar I had so far.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#11 Old 04-21-2011, 06:08 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by man show View Post
^ wagonracer, are you replacing your front endlinks with stock endlinks or have you been experimenting with different aftermarket links?
I've never broken the stock ones ! I was experimenting with different aluminum ones and broke every billet one I tried. Guess they need the little bit of flex that the stockers provide.
#12 Old 04-21-2011, 06:49 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
All my flex went straight... to my control arm. Lateral link specifically.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#13 Old 04-22-2011, 12:23 AM
WRXtuners Member

Yeah I remember that Jon.

Thanks wagonracer. My stock front endlinks seem to be holding up just fine with the Whiteline 24 mm front bar on the stiff setting. I don't really have any plans to change them until they break.

John
07 WRX
#14 Old 04-26-2011, 08:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

c2bcoolwrx is more helpful than not
All this endlink talk should end with some Kartboy endlinks. They are the best on the market IMHO, made in the USA, and almost indestructable (never heard of a failure and they are used A LOT). Also, Tom the owner of Kartboy is an awesome vendor and very active in the subaru community.

I have had mine since '07 or '08 w/Cobb Sways and have not heard a peep out of them since.
#15 Old 04-26-2011, 09:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

Yes indeedy. I'm quite pleased with my Kartboy rear endlinks and I was even more excited when I discovered the atomic fireball in the packaging! The Kartboy front endlinks were of superb quality, but they just didn't quite fit right with the Whiteline 24 mm adjustable front sway bar on my 07 WRX - even with the spacers. I sold the front ones recently, so they should have a new happy home by now.

John
07 WRX