Subaru WRX Forum banner

Why is my suspension so bouncy??

8K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  allstarkeep 
#1 ·
so i just bought my car from a dealership. its a 2002 wrx, i was it has tein coil overs with edfc.i dont know exactly which one it has. is there anyway to find out?anyways, so when i drive the car is super bouncy. like when im on the freeway and go into a small bumo in the lane , the car will fling me into the air. is this normal? it never happened with my civic. i have tried going hard (00) on the edfc thing and soft (16,16) and both do the same thing cept the 16/16 is a little better but not really. would it be better to go to the stick suspension?

#2 ·
I'm a little confused. If the suspension was bouncy, it would absorb those small bumps and stuff. It sounds more like it is working the way it should to me ( I have the same setup). Even on the softest settings, my Teins are much harsher than stock.

#3 ·
i mean i just want the car as a daily driver. im not going to race it or anything. The only thing i wil do is take it when i go snowboarding. do you guys think that it would be better for me to swap back to stock? fyi i do love the lowered look and adjustability just not the launches out of my seat when i hit a bump. it feel almost dangerous.

#5 ·
how do you know if they need to be rebuilt? does it all depend on the mileage? ### i don think i could find that since i got it from a dealership. i already tried to find out what tein ssuspension it was and they couldn't tell me. i just want a smoth ride and be able to take turns . it feels like if they is a bump in the turn it will push me up and i will lose control. i want the ride to be as smooth as my sisters g35.

#6 ·
My jetta has only lowering springs, and whenever it hits a bump, it feels like my suspension is banging because I guess it's hitting the bump stops... It's hella rough, it's worse when you have lower profile tires too. I got 50 series Falken tires. Do you have upgraded rims and tires also? I test drove a 05 Civic Si that had 18" wheels and probably like 30-40 series tires on it, and the thing was so bouncy and loud (road noise).... It ended up having terrible flood damage in another state, and they moved to Cali, and registered it as a clean title. Gota watch out for scammers....

I know I'm comparing apples to oranges, but just saying, they could be other factors to look into...

#10 ·
Actually I do, the coilovers (basic setup is $800) and some of the more expensive kinds can range between $1000-$2000...
True, but even new it's still going to be quite stiffer and bouncier than the stock springs and shocks right? Unless, when new, they are better ride quality on the soft setting...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.