Why are my rotors warping? - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 04-09-2008, 05:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

Sirtex is an unknown
Allright, I finally got to the dealer yesterday. They took all four wheels and calipers off. They took out the micrometer (runout gauge, I assume) and found a couple of high spots on my right front rotor, so they zoomed in on that area of the brakes. After looking closely they came back with this explanation. They HNIC and the top mechanic say that the caliper bridge had corrosion in it and that that was the likely culprit. They say that it was likely preventing the caliper and hence the pad to fully open, keeping the pad in light contact with the rotor. So, after 4 hours at the dealer they cleaned the bridge and smoothed out the high spots in the rotor and sent me on my way. All for 65 bucks. Hopefully, this cures my problem. Fortunately, the warping or DTV or whatever it might be happens pretty quickly, so I'll know right away if that was the problem. Wish me luck.

Thanks for all the input from everyone. That is the reason this is the best WRX site going.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 04-09-2008, 05:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful
that sounds like an extremely plausible explanation considering the short time it took to warp each set of rotors.

i would appreciate it if you kept us updated on the status of this issue, purely for my own curiosity
#33 Old 04-09-2008, 10:38 PM
WRXpert

Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful
thanks for posting that- I'm betting that will help someone(s) down the road

Mike

Wagon Mafiosa
#34 Old 06-29-2008, 10:19 AM
WRXtuners Member

Sirtex is an unknown
UPDATE on the warping rotors. After 2 1/2 months driving on the repaired brakes not a hint of brake shake. I am so much happier now with my wrx than I was in the previous year. Brakes are strong as hell even at 125. I feel much more confident hitting the back roads with some speed. Yay. So thanks again for all the interest and input on my problem. All of you rock.

Drive safe,

Mike