Subaru WRX Forum banner

whiteline front end links(don't fit)

6K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Fidrat 
#1 ·
I have an '03 WRX. I recently got Whiteline rear end links. They fit perfectly and installed without a problem.

I checked out my front end links to find I broke a front end link. So I ordered Whiteline solid nonadjustable front end links KLC-32. I installed them per the instructions and photo that came with the kit. The photo shows an aluminum lower arm,mine is steel. Other than that it looks like I installed them correctly.

The bottom bolt touches the sway bar. This will not do! Before I send them back and tell them where to stick it, is there a way to make them work? I have a very low budget and I'm out 125 bucks that I really couldn't spare.

If I can't use them what ones will work? The old ones are destroyed. Can I drive with no end links until I can get ones that fit.

#3 ·
Stock sway bar for now. I'm working with a tight budget so I'm upgrading one step at a time. Next will be a 22mm rear sway bar. That is if I can get over this hump. (BTW my brother has a Masdaspeed3 too.)

#5 ·
OK,but what should I do for now? It will be a long time before I can afford a front sway. I was going to ask for a rear sway for X-mas. Also if this is how Whiteline does things I'm not so sure I want to go with that company anymore.

#6 ·
They are strange when it comes to their pieces. WL bars with WL components.

You can always send them back and get a set of KartBoys and they will work with the stocker and others bars. Good luck bro.

Find a used EL on here or nastysock.

Bump for anyone having a set of links to sell this man.

#7 ·
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q128/fidrat/endlinks/SDC11460.jpg
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q128/fidrat/endlinks/SDC11458.jpg

OK,here is what I did. With some fabrication and some creative spacer placement I think I can make it work.

I'm a little concerned with the angle of the top bolt and the clearance of the nut on the bottom bolt at the sway bar. it looks a little close.

Tell me if this looks to be a problem.

This is a temporary fix until I can get the sway I want. Otherwise,I would have gotten a shorter bottom bolt.

Do you think it would help if I removed the top spacer or should I just leave it?

#9 ·
I think I see your problem. I did a similar mistake when I was building the Eibach how to. The bottom bolt, flip it around so the head of the bolt is next to the sway bar and the threads are toward the outside of the car. That should gain you a good bit of clearance not only from the extra length of the bolt, but nut too.

This (wrong)

VS this (right)

Result

#10 ·
I e-mailed Whiteline about this and they said the same thing. Now my concern is that would put the threads of the bolt outside of the sleeve inside the bushing exposing them to premature wear from the L-arm bracket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.