Subaru WRX Forum banner

WHEELS: Tenzo r Cuzco or Enkei RS05

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  UncleGibby 
#1 ·
#2 ·
They both look pretty nice, but honestly, I think they'll be a pain to clean... imagine using a tiny sponge inbetween each spoke every time you wash your car... what a nightmare! (In my opinion) If I were to get that style wheel, I'd probably try to get a dark silver/gunmetal color to hide some of the dirt.

18x8 > 18x9

...and what brand/size tire were you going to mount on them?

I don't think the wheel brand, itself, makes too much of a difference since they're both sort of reputable. I'd go with whatever wheel is lighter. I hope mosc chimes in on this one because he knows his stuff when it comes to wheels/tires. I've only scraped the tip of the ice berg :)

#4 ·
+45 18x9? That's not bad. I mean, you'd wish it was higher but +45 is pretty good for that much width. I like the spoke pattern and solid color too.

You'll have more options with the +48 ones (enkei) so I guess they're handling wise a slightly better choice. You could easily do 245/35/18 on the enkei's but might be stuck with 235/35/18 on the 18x9's. 235/35/18 is an awful size with very few and very overpriced tires. Though, I don't know the 08+ fenders that well. You might be fine at 245/35/18 on the 18x9 +45.

If you're looking for something more conservative, you can out 225/40/18 tires on either of those wheels painlessly provided you go 18x8 (The 18x9 is too wide for a 225 wide tire). 225/40/18 is like half the price of 235/35/18.

Sorry, I'm rambling. Both companies make cheap but good quality products. Both 18x8 will work for you. 18x9 +45 pushes the envelope some (not an absurd amount) which has it's advantages if you know what you're doing.

#5 ·
I am very new to tuning and this si the first time i have ever had a car and had money to do something to it. So thank you very much for your help. I am learning as much as i can but i basically need someone to tell me what to buy out of the things i like and then what i need to go with it.

I want something low profile but yet the ride is still smooth

Thank you mosc for all the tire info. If you were me what tires would you buy? what size rim and what size tire?

from what i understand you recommend 18x8 +45mm and 235/38/18?

again thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.