Subaru WRX Forum banner

what springs would best suite me?

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Labukas19 
#1 ·
hello all. i have an 06 tr... im looking to lower it a little bit. personally i think the back sits pretty good. i just think the front is way to high. im looking for a spring to lower not to much.. but a little more in the front. also one thats not going to screw my alignment up too much. i want to be able to adjust for it with out buying anything but springs... not looking for to crappy of a ride but a little stiffer wont hurt to much.. i just dont want the car to look like its doing a wheelie... lol thanks!:rocks:

#5 ·
Well since you only want to replace the springs the crucials are out b/c they would require new struts due to the increased rate. I recommend:

Epic Engineering: STi & WRX Performance Parts: Epic Engineering Lowering Springs, 2004-2007 WRX
Mach V Blues: Mach V Springs (04-07 WRX) - Springs & Shocks
Swift Sports: 04+ WRX Sedan Springs Turn In Concepts

All of the above springs are designed with the sock struts in mind. At most you will need to get some camber bolts for the rear to help with the alighnment but they are about $30-$40. Personally, I would never use Tein springs as the options above are much better in terms of ride quality and having the correct spring rate to match with the stock struts.

#11 ·
Take this into consideration.I am planning on getting d-spec struts and Swift Spec R sti springs (possibly swift sport springs). The springs are made to lower the sti which already sits lower than a wrx. So I would think that a stock sti spring would lower you a little bit

#13 ·
?? From what I know...and I'm not a expert. The springs are going to dictate the stance or how low the car sits. The struts/shocks control the upward travel of the car more than the downward.

#14 ·
duh, how did i not know that haha... i guess an associate degree in automotive and working in a garage since i was 17 didnt help there haha. brain fart...:eek:
spring holds it at height, strut brings it back nicely over bumps... bound and rebound damper. duhhh:poorme:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.