Subaru WRX Forum banner

upgrading pads and rotors?????

6K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  blk05WRX 
#1 ·
just looking for a quality rotor and pad setup for a daily driving 2007 wrx wagon limited. i drive this car to its max potential so im looking for something decent and not to expensive. where do i start?

#2 ·
Everyone I asked has told me NAPA has quality rotors that are true and will last as long as the expensive ones. It's what I'll be getting when I need to (slotted though). As for pads, I can't think of the manufacturer's name, but they make "green stuff", 'yellow stuff', and I think red. different colors for different applications and minimal brake dust with great grip and wear. Also the Hawk HPS pads are hot shi% apparently, lol. Just somewhere to start for ya. I hope some of the knowledge around here chimes in.

#9 ·
I don't have the EBC rotors. But, I'm running the EBC Redstuff pads. They're messy until they get rid of the Brake-in coating. Then they don't make a lot of dust at all. I love them, I'd say they brake as well or just slightly better than my original pads. I've been running them for quite a while now and don't have any complaints so far. Probably close to 10,000 miles on them.

#10 ·
I'm running dba slotted rotors and hawk hps. The dba's rusted a bit on the tophat, but I put them on in dec. And there is a ton of salt in chicago. Much better braking feel, and no more vibrations. My stock rotors kept vibrating even after having surfaced twice.

Talk to the guys at KNSBrakes.com. They will give you a great deal. I probably should have got the centric prem rotors, but I wanted the slotted for looks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.