Tough Coilovers - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 10-17-2012, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

bugeye4lif3 is an unknown
Tough Coilovers

So I'm looking to upgrade my Tokiko struts and springs to a set of coilovers. I live in the PNW so I do a lot of "exploration" of gravel fireroads at some higher rates of speed. The roads are also pretty bad up here. I was wondering if anyone had some thoughs on a tough set of coilovers that would fit my 03 bugeye. I am a student so keep that pricepoint in mind

So far my mods are:
03 Bugeye 5speed
26mm Front and 24mm rear swaybars
Endlinks
Straightpipe
Silicon Intercooler Hoses

Thanks!
Zach
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-17-2012, 05:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
What's your budget?

Highly durable coilovers don't match up with student price points. They don't match with many middle class family budgets eithers. !Laugh!

Example:

http://finelineimports.net/index.php...roducts_id=688
post #3 of 4 Old 10-17-2012, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

bugeye4lif3 is an unknown
Oh boy, I see your point in price! I have been looking at the tein hg coilovers. Anything more around the 1000-2000 price range? Haha
post #4 of 4 Old 10-17-2012, 05:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
The DMS I posted are what everyone raves about in the rally cross circle. You're not going to find a lot of tarmac coilovers that will take what you want to throw at them very well, especially not budget models on the low of your budget that don't even handle street driving very well.

I would ask what people recommend on Dirty Impreza. I know they usually give strut recommendations rather than coilover ones. Any reason you want coilovers over struts? Lowering a car generally doesn't go hand in hand with what you're wanting to do, and every time you change ride height you're gonna need to get an alignment, so it's not like you can go back and forth on a whim.