#1 ·
What do you guys think about these for an all year:

Potenza RE050A
Potenza RE750
Yokohama AVS Sport
BFGoodrich g-Force Sport

Or any others you'd recommend?

#2 ·
the only tire ive driven is the BFG g-force series. thats the one with the funky tred patern right? looks sorta like a motorcycle tred. if thats the case, its a good street tire, you shouldent have any problems.

if i have it confused with the other bfg tire im thinkning of, its a classis knob style tred, they are really good grippy tires, but they have a nasty tendancy to "chunk", where whole blocks of tred come off, but thats only on a formula dodge race car thats been driving around a track all day and neer race speeds (i say neer because its usualy students). but if its for the street you will be fine.

edit:

recomendation, any descently priced goodyear, because, well, goodyear is the shizzle. bfg isent bad either. id stay away from the k-mart special :)

tires is like most things, you get what you pay for. keep in mind, you will pay a premium for a tire with a unorthodox tread patern simply because they look cooler and can be market up because they are geared towards tuners, and people willing to spend more money on there car products.

questions:

do you track your car? or do 1/4 mile racing often (street or track)
if so, do you use one set of tires for all automotive events? or do you have sets you rotate through for your diferent events.

#3 ·
I don't like the Potenza's, they are overpriced in my eyes. I have always loved the Toyo Proxes 4. I was going to get a set, but I got an unbeatable offer on some BFG T/As and they are very good tires. You might also want to look into the Avon series tires on Tirerack.com, they are inexpensive and outperform tires costing nearly twice as much. I had never heard of them, but I did a little researching and found that they are British tires and have been around for a while.

#9 ·
Nose Nuggets said:
i do like thoe bfgs on your ride vew
Thanks, they're too expensive though at $142 a piece. They're great for everyday driving during the non-winter months. Never break traction. But they still break like crazy when I auto-x... but then again, I suck at it :p

I need to drive thru fresh gravel and take a pic right after. They look freaking awesome then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.