WRXtuners Member

fuapiti is more helpful than not
^True...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 28 Old 04-17-2008, 12:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

xmoniewrx is an unknown
Another good insight oldfartracer see thats why its good if we slow down LOL i didnt even know he didnt even own a rex or sti

Should of looked at the profile!

Last edited by mosc; 04-17-2008 at 02:30 AM.
post #18 of 28 Old 04-17-2008, 12:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

xmoniewrx is an unknown
I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post.

Last edited by mosc; 04-17-2008 at 02:30 AM.
post #19 of 28 Old 04-18-2008, 05:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

605wrx is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostbuddy View Post
TEIN is a good brand but a little too pricey IMO
What brand would your recommend? I want a fairly smooth ride on the street.
post #20 of 28 Old 04-18-2008, 07:50 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
I have seen and read about the Jic coilovers, they are only a couple hundred cheaper though. I also believe Megan Racing makes a nice set of coilovers, dont know anyone running them though.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #21 of 28 Old 04-18-2008, 08:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

oldfartracer is more helpful than not
If you want a smooth ride, don't get coilovers. Some coilover are better than others but none will have smooth ride. If the set you are looking at have pillowball mounts and camber plates, they will not be smooth. Remeber that the stock strut tophat are rubber, not metal.
I have the HKS Hipermax, the spring rates are mild and the rides is streetable. But a long way from smooth.
post #22 of 28 Old 04-19-2008, 07:44 AM
WRXtuners Member

WRXKidid775 is more helpful than not
The Megans are super nice and really are not that rough if you get the street version.

IMO if you are gonna get the Teins drop the coin on the Flexs

Great coilovers. Many of the guys that are running top three in class in subies here are running them.

The basics and the SS are not worth the money. If thats all you have to spend go for the megans.

Robby
02 rex is gone.
I defected to an evo :)
Evo is gone :(
Now I got nothing.
post #23 of 28 Old 04-19-2008, 08:06 AM
WRXtuners Member

Boostbuddy is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Boostbuddy Send a message via Yahoo to Boostbuddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 605wrx View Post
What brand would your recommend? I want a fairly smooth ride on the street.

I really like the Megan's...low cost and high performance..they make a street and track version. We run Megan's on two of our shop cars and TEIN's on the other...we can't tell the difference in performance
post #24 of 28 Old 04-19-2008, 11:49 AM
WRXtuners Member

605wrx is an unknown
Very nice, thanks for the info. Where did you buy the Megans from?
post #25 of 28 Old 04-20-2008, 01:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

xmoniewrx is an unknown
I am going to do an experiment.

From my research a nice daily driven car can run safely off of Cobb springs with the stage 2 setup of the stock struts.

I am probably going to buy the Cobb stage 2 Suspension this week. I will keep an internet journal to let everyone know what is going on and how they last and how the ride is for my car. I will do the install myself so labor is not going to be a big deal. I was planning on getting upgraded struts but for some reason arguements like this interest me. If I have to buy new struts so be it, at least I can inform those the truth about Cobb Springs since they do have a real aggresive drop. I am buying the whole kit because I believe that the springs were not meant to work alone. So I will be updating everyone soon. I think 750 is better than worthless coilover job and just a spring setup

In the mean while if there is any VENDOR with a new product Cobb Suspension Stage 2 Package only on here that can beat the $750 price from Cobb PM me.
post #26 of 28 Old 04-20-2008, 08:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

Boostbuddy is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Boostbuddy Send a message via Yahoo to Boostbuddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 605wrx View Post
Very nice, thanks for the info. Where did you buy the Megans from?
From ourselves
post #27 of 28 Old 04-20-2008, 11:46 AM
WRXtuners Member

fuapiti is more helpful than not
Xmoniewrx:

Still, you won't have all the adjustability that a nice set of coilovers could offer. Of course that would only come back at you if you decide to take your daily drver to the track someday...
post #28 of 28 Old 04-20-2008, 10:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

xmoniewrx is an unknown
I have had coilovers before on other cars and they cause more trouble than they are worth struts almost wear irregular and faster when you are adjusting the heights constantley.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement