Sway bars? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-08-2008, 08:06 AM
WRXtuners Member

Red_Dragon is an unknown
Sway bars?

So I am gonna replace my sway bars and I found this kit from rallitek. It seems to be much cheaper than any other kits and includes the endlinks. Has anyone else used rallitek sway bars? Is it worth getting, or is it basically cheap and worth spending the extra cash for a more expensive kit? My car is my daily driver, so I am not looking for anything that is just for the track.

RalliTEK Complete Sway Bar Kit - WRX 02-07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-08-2008, 05:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

Bob908 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Bob908
To my understanding the purpose of sway bars is to add rigidity to the vehicle. That being said the only thing i can think of that will change the aspects of the sway bars is the material they are made of. One to one comparisons can be done within similar parts e.g. the wrx 08->09 upgrades included a 1mm boost in the sway bar thickness on both the front and rear swaybars. More expensive materials can be used to save on the weight of the actual sway bar as well i am sure which could make it cost more.

I can't remember if there are any bushings that are used at the attachment points I dont think there are. If there are then the stiffer the material the better (again think rigidity) e.g. urethane over rubber.
#3 Old 11-08-2008, 06:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

Rug-Emporium is an unknown
It looks like a decent kit to me, a sway bar is just a bent piece of metal; I suppose the type of metal might affect the weight or it's resistance to rust. Just make sure you install those rear endlinks in the correct orientation.
#4 Old 11-08-2008, 07:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

seanwrxwagon is more helpful than not
The kit looks really nice. I would think the quality would be as good as any of the other aftermarket one. You only get rear endlinks with the kit. For $350 you can get the Cobb sway bars. They are 25.4mm (1 inch) front and back with the rear bar being adjustable. You will need to buy the endlinks though.
#5 Old 11-09-2008, 08:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

Red_Dragon is an unknown
Thanks, I think I will be ordering it tomorrow
#6 Old 12-03-2008, 05:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

laruffa is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to laruffa
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanwrxwagon View Post
The kit looks really nice. I would think the quality would be as good as any of the other aftermarket one. You only get rear endlinks with the kit. For $350 you can get the Cobb sway bars. They are 25.4mm (1 inch) front and back with the rear bar being adjustable. You will need to buy the endlinks though.
If you go on Modern Automotive Performance you can actually get the Cobb Sway Bars for $317 with free shipping....

but you will have to buy the endlinks which are usually around 200 shipped for front and rear